My husband and I were recently at the Fiesta Americana (Coral Beach not the other) for a long couples weekend with friends.
I was debating over giving 4 stars or 5-- but when I couldn't think of a reason I'd complain about much of anything I figured 5 was the way to go.
We arranged transportation to the hotel from the airport and that went seamlessly. Tell them if you have no bags checked because they will be there a bit sooner (we forget and had to wait 10 mins or so).
We get an ocean front room on the club floor (3rd year in a row) and the room and club were great. Breakfast every AM (not considered "full" but excellent for a typical club level- pancakes, eggs, bacon, fruit-- short of ordering off a menu best you can get). Service is amazing both in the morning and the evening (when there are free drinks and appetizers). I forget the bartender's name in the evenings but he is friendly and always on top of things.
The new club lounge by the beach is excellent for breakfast too. Eduardo there is friendly and makes us feel right at home every year. He should be recognized by his superiors-- he is wonderfully attentive to everyone there.
The room (club level jr or exec suite) was gorgeous and clean. Nice earth tone colors go nicely agains the blue ocean view! Nice large double sink area.
Beach is great- waves not as big as on big stretch of Cancun beach (picture a 7-- Fiesta is on top of 7- most hotels are on the long downward part of the 7). I don't like getting pounded by waves so it is perfect. Sand is very very soft white sand. Can do without the rocks in the grand club section of the beach, but won't complain because there were always chairs for us and attentive service for food or drink. Pillows on the loungers very nice touch. Main part of beach was rock free.
Beach restaurant (can not remember the name- the one with the salad bar) is EXCELLENT. Service is impeccable and food is really good. Pool bar is great too- nice appetizers.
Only gripes-- there was a trainee attendant at the Grand Club beach station for 2 days and she didn't know much, and couldn't answer our questions (and didn't offer to get them answered). Also, the women at the desk in the concierge club upstairs are very friendly, but slow is not a slow enough word. 2 years in a row it took us over 45 minutes to check out. Next year we will go downstairs to check out. Their restaurant recommendations are a bit sub par too- I think they need some updating in that regard (a woman came in who they recommended a restaurant to the night before that was closed down….and we were trying to book a large restaurant walking distance to the hotel (El Mortero) and they didn't know what restaurant we were talking about. Not enough to make a dent in the trip but worth noting :)
In all a lovely property (lobby is beautiful as well) and we will be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico