“Luxury at its finest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 9.5 Lote 6 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Aliso Viejo, California, United States
“Luxury at its finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Cancun for 5 nights and chose to stay at this hotel. After reading, almost all, of the reviews, I knew it was going to be good, but I had no idea just how good. (On a side note, April seems to be the best time to visit the area; Spring Breaks are over, no children or teenagers. Summer has not yet begun, nor has wedding season. The hotel was at a very low capacity and we had no proplem getting into any restaurant in the area). Back to the hotel...
When we walked into our Ocean Front King Suite, my breath was taken away by the view of the ocean from our room. We were on the 8th floor, so it felt like you were in the middle of the crystal clear blue water. The room was very large, wonderful marble floors, very comfortable bed with lots of pillows, and a large bathroom area with separate toilet/shower room. In addition to the maids cleaning the room everyday, there was also a daily nighttime turn-down service. This hotel really pays attention to the small details that make its guest happy. The air conditioning in the room was perfect: not too loud, kept the room consistantly at whatever temp you set it at. We even kept the large floor to ceiling sliding doors to our balcony open a bit to hear the ocean while we slept and the air conditioning never missed a beat. The towels in the room were so soft, and extra long.

The pools and beach area are second to none. Four huge pools with swin up bars connect through the back of the hotel. I always saw someone cleaning or sweeping the area. There was never any sand around the pool area. The beach is a mere 2 steps away from the pools with confortable lounge chairs and wonderful cabanas. The cabanas are an extra charge per day, however well worth it as it comes with cool towels, small snacks throughout the day, and a large bottle of water on ice. Plus there are sheer curtains on the sides of the cabana bed so you get a very private setting. The drink service on the beach is great.

On the beach is water sport rentals. We rented jet skiis, which was a lot of fun. There is also the dock to board the boat to Isla Mujeres. We never went to the island but will definitely go next time.

The champagne breakfast buffee was by far my favorite meal. There are coupons in your welcome passport that either make it free or very discounted. Again wonderful service and great food.

Definitely plan a visit, and save some money, for the Gem Spa. Its pricy, but again there is a coupon in your Welcome Passport that helps save a little money. I got the Obsidian Stone Massage, which was wonderful, but just like massages I've gotten in the United States. What really sets the spa apart is the wonderful and soothing decor and the hydrotherapy experience, which comes with every service you book. It takes about an hour and a half, and they take you through different pools, saunas, steam rooms, ice rooms, cooling showers, and water temperatures. You have your own private guide throughout the process that recommends how long you should be in each part and comes to get you when you're done. I came out of the Gem Spa in complete relaxation.

The only negative part of the trip was having to leave!! My boyfriend and I kept trying to find the negatives that we read about on Trip Advisor and we couldn't find any. I think it has to do with going during the off time of April when its not crowded, perfect mid-80 degree temps, and cool water. i wouldn't recommend going during the summer to the area, as it just too hot and there is no way to escape it.

Room Tip: Only book an ocean view room. Its not that much more, and the views are well worth it. Try to get a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

2,156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure to stay at this wonderful Hotel. From the moment we arrived we felt very welcomed and taken care of, until the minute we left. The staff is very courteous and go above and beyond to make sure you are happy.

Rooms are very clean and always make sure everything is needed with a room check Late in the day. They go in get your bed ready and leave a quote of the day with some chocolates :) we thought that was a nice touch.

Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed April 2013
Weston, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family of four just returned from this hotel for spring break. Going in April is great because it's actually later than most spring breaks and was considered low season! The hotel was very nice, clean and in a great location. We've stayed in the area before and wanted to be able to walk to restaurants. We decided to go with the club level and loved it! The food would be very nice for non-picky children and non-vegetarians. We do have two picky young girls and my husband and I are vegetarians and we were still able to find enough to eat. It came in very handy for breakfast and lunch and the price was well worth it. We believe it saved us a lot of money. In the evenings we sometimes went there for beverages or light snacks, but preferred to go to restaurants for dinner. I know plenty of people that ate all their meals in the club lounge. I have to put a good word in for Eduardo. We really enjoyed his service in the club lounge. He was also very helpful giving us directions on two occasions. Another person of note was Magali, one of the concierges. She consistently went above and beyond for us making reservations and such. Some of the others told us to go downstairs to the main concierge desk or to the spa desk. The food wasn't always put out "on time." We learned to go later than the posted hours of service so we didn't have to wait for the food presentation.

When we booked we didn't get the coupon book we heard a lot of people talking about. Luckily someone gave us some coupons they weren't using and my husband and I were able to use the hydrotherapy spa. This is normally $85. This was amazing! It's a beautiful spa and the service was good. We thought the spa treatment prices were outrageous and wouldn't have gone there otherwise. The prices were more than double what we pay in our very expensive area in CT.

My husband really wanted to rent a car so that we could have our own airport transfers and be able to come and go as we pleased. That actually worked out very well even though I was very nervous about it! We did purchase the extra insurance and found that the car was about double the price we thought it was going to be with all the insurance, taxes and fees, but it still was worth it. The hotel has free parking. Rafael in the parking garage is so nice and personable. We can't imagine why they have him hiding out in the garage!

If you don't rent a car, the buses are easy to use and they take you up and down the strip and into El Centro. However, they aren't air conditioned and it is very hot there! But, it's an easy and inexpensive way to get around. I was happy we didn't have to take the bus this trip, though.

Our kids loved the pools! We thought that we would take advantage of the kid's program and never even looked for it. They made friends at the pool and spent hours there. One of the benefits of the club level is that there is a certain area at the pool that is held specifically for club level patrons. The service was generally good at the pool. Part of my giving the "very good" rating is the inconsistency. Somedays we'd get a tray with water and nuts. Somedays we'd get a bucket with ice and water. One day the guy just handed us some water now and then. Two days someone came around with fruit kabobs. The bar staff was diligent, but didn't push you to get drinks. Daniel was a standout at the pool. Even though he was the one that handed us the waters, he was very attentive and always fixing our towels and adjusting the umbrellas.

We ate at La Isla Contoy one night. It was a buffet and was good. It's open-air and by the water. If kids order from the kid's menu they eat free at the hotel's restaurants. We also were given a coupon for this restaurant from someone that had the coupon passport. That saved us $20. Again, this restaurant was a buffet and had a a lot of food that vegetarians don't eat. So, while it was good, it wasn't a good value for us. A lot of the food reminded us of what we had seen in the club lounge, too.

We left thinking that we definitely want to go back next year. We did find the service spotty in areas, but overall very nice. I've already recommended it to several friends.

Room Tip: Go for the club level! We were on 11th floor, but I think some on 9 and 10 could also be club level...
Toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay during a scientific meeting, for which our room cost was covered by the meeting sponsors. If we were visiting Cancun on our own, we would not likely stay at this hotel because it is beyond our price range, both for the room and for the restaurants. On the other hand, we appreciated the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, and the concierge was extremely helpful in correcting a difficulty we had with the airport transportation. The hotel facility is beautiful, and we enjoyed exploring all the indoor levels as well as the beachfront. The beautiful white, clean stairway connecting all indoor levels was greatly appreciated; in most hotels, the stairways are more hidden and not as well maintained. We also enjoyed the elevator with the view of the beach and sea. Although there were many people staying at the hotel, it never seemed crowded. Of the many restaurants within the hotel, we found the Coral Cafe to have the most reasonable prices and some very interesting menu items, especially the sandwiches and desserts. A beachfront buffet was elegant, with delicious and plentiful food and impeccable service, but very expensive for us.

Room Tip: When we made our reservation, we requested a room on a higher floor, but we were given a room on the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

If you look for an all inclusive or for party, you can stop right there and go look for something else. But if you want to stay in a peaceful, romantic and beatiful resort you are in the right place. The beach is beatiful and I can say that is the best one for all the hotels, the rooms are extremely confortable and the spa is magic. The food is pretty good (but remember is still a hotel) and the service is always nice and quick. Plus it is in a walking distance from Cocobongo, Xcaret official agency and Isla Mujeres' ferry. BUT be careful with your bill, if you get the passport with some cortesy there are a lot of small caps that you need to go further and see how you can use it without having a large bill by the end of your stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I researched all of the hotels and was looking for a nice hotel where my 13 year old wouldn't be bombarded by the party crowd. We stayed in the club level on the 10th floor, west section of the hotel. As others have stated, club level is a must. It will save a family hundreds of dollars. We ate breakfast daily in the club as well as snacks and some drinks. Lunch and dinner time snacks are appetizers that are quite good and relatively fancy. Breakfast is well represented with breads, bagels, juices, eggs, breakfast meats, cereals and pastries. For a much larger breakfast selection, a brunch can be purchased on the ground floor for $30/person. It is really unnecessary but we did it once. Drinks are top shelf offered after 5pm and we had some including well mixed margaritas from the bartender (which are $12 each at the pool).

The room was nice. We stayed in a junior suite and requested a roll out bed for our daughter. It fit nicely in the seating area with the couches and table. She thought it was comfortable, as was our king sized bed. The balcony is small but fit two comfortably. The master suites were booked but had huge balconies comparably.

The pool area and beach were amazing. Another huge plus of the club level is that a pool boy sets up chairs and provides cold towels and free bottled water throughout the day. Plenty of umbrellas were available for shading. The pool boy also arranged these upon request. The beach has service also but it is per item purchased and can get pricy if one is boozing. A few beers at the swim up bar as well as some lemonades for my daughter ran approximately $80 with one cheeseburger and fries. They should probably lower the snack and beer prices a little to attract more customers but the service was unbelievable.

I would recommend a trip to Isla Mujeras for shopping and touring. Skip the cheesy open market near the hotel. Items are half price at the Isla Mujeras market area. Make sure to get surfing lessons at The Surf Shop (.5 miles down the main drag across from Senor Frogs). It's an easy and safe walk from the hotel. Then get a lunch at The Surfin Burrito which is attached to the surf shop. Surf lessons are two hours long and cost only $75. Lunch was $40 with 2 buckets of beers (10 Pacifico's). It made for a great day of fun. My 13 year old daughter and my wife took the lessons and both admitted it was one of the best things they have ever tried.

The staff at the club level were extremely helpful and friendly. We did not have to deal with the staff at ground level as everything was taken care of in the club level from check in to check out. The concierge in the club also helped with any difficulties we were having during our stay.

We also received the "black passport" with our reservation which is $1000 worth of resort coupons. Most of the coupons were unused as we werent interested in several of the deals. We did use several which may have saved us $300 overall. It would be great if resort credit was free to use as desired.

Overall, Id recommend this hotel if you stay on the club level and you are expecting a quiet, beautiful view. Families will have no issues with drunks here. It is located perfectly for any activities that are desired.

Room Tip: Grand club level, west wing a must! Junior suite is fine for a family of 3, tight for 4 unless the...
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I don't know what rate should I give... Let me tell you these:

We had a good time during the stay, staff very nice and friendly, hotel is clean and wonderful location. Grand club is great.
We already planned to come back next spring until I went down to front desk to check out. The receptionist told me that the hotel charges us 40 pesos for using some items at Mini bar. I was surprised because none of my family members took any items (all of us knew they are expensive and overpriced). I asked her "if you said we took some items at mini bar , can you tell me what items they are because there is nothing listed on the invoice. She couldn't answer it and simply said "hotel places many items at the bar" ????? Then, she told me "if you didn't take anything, write down statement to confirm that". I wrote and signed on the invoice.

However once we went home , I check my credit card and realized the hotel keep charging me more than $3 us dollar = 40 pesos for what we did not use and without any explanation. This amount money is not worth for me to make a international phone call to clarify with the hotel, but it make me unhappy and insecure to think about come back next year.

I tried to send a note to the hotel via a survey which it was emailed to me , but it didn't go through, the web page was freezing.

I write this review to let you know and avoid somewhat experience I have had.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!