“Another great time at Grand Coral Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 9.5 Lote 6 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Dallas, Texas
“Another great time at Grand Coral Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was our 4th time at the Grand Coral Beach and it continues to delight us. The hotel, pool area, beach and rooms are immaculate. We were upgraded to a master suite without asking and it was very nice. We ate at La Joya which is always fantastic. It is expensive, but the food is excellent. We also ate at Isla Contoy for both lunch and dinner. I would say that lunch was probably better, but dinner was okay. Breakfast in Vina Del Mar was always good and we also ate twice at the Coral Cafe. The pizza and sandwiches were great. Service at the beach was very good, as usual. The drinks and food are expensive, but that is the same at every 5 star resort you go to. You can't expect the kind of service you there to be cheap or free. The staff is always very friendly and helpful, even though we were a little put out that the bellman wasn't able to give us change. I would think a hotel of that caliber could make some change. Overall, we love this hotel and will be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are ocean view, but you get a better view from a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

2,106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
Annapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I've stayed in amazing hotels all over the world - this was one of the worst.. Don't get me wrong - the hotel itself is great. The service, food, and everything that makes a great hotel, however, is absolutely atrocious.

Meals: Way overpriced. This isn't so surprising, but when it comes out bland and completely unappetizing - there's something wrong. Im pretty sure the maids there can make better mexican food.

Internet service: $20 a day. Seriously? I've stayed at run down hotels with free internet. At a room price close to $300 a night this is a joke.

Check in: After a cold robotic welcome that sounds like they're reading it off a card, I had to stand there for over 15 minutes trying to check in.

I was accosted by the staff. Seriously. I never in my life have experienced anything like what happened last night. I came back to the hotel late after going out to some of the bars. I met some friends and brought them back to the hotel. I was approached by a hotel staffer who aggressively asked me who I was and demanded my room number. I show him my key and give him my room # and my name. He holds me there while another staffer gets a sheet with all the hotel guests. He finds my name but then says I can't bring anyone back to my room because they aren't listed on my hotel booking. What. The. Hell?? So Im paying $300/nt for a room I can't even bring friends back to? I argued for a bit but my friends got annoyed and decided it wasn't worth the fight and just left.

I plan on spending a lot of time and energy preventing people from wasting their money and booking this hotel. I am not picky and hardly complain (heck this is my first review) but this place left a horrible taste in my mouth.

5 star hotel - I don't think so.

STAY AWAY.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Beautiful Hotel if you like that cold sleek look of marble everywhere. Everything is ala carte so be prepared to shell out big bucks for every single thing. Located at the far end of the strip across from convention center, so not so great for being in the safer part of the strip.
And planners - stay away from the group sales manager- he will do nothing for you!
Better to stay at the old world intercontinental hotel- nicer friendlier place with charm!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from May 13 - May 17 with my husband and 1 year old. Very well deserved 5 star rating & hotel. Staff was friendly, polite and very hard working. Service was excellent. The pools were huge, georgeous and clean. Pool area never seemed overly crowded. Lounge chairs were always available somewhere no matter what time you came. Very spacious, not like other hotels where lounge chairs get packed in row by row. Family friendly with 2 kiddle pools and a nice playground slide that slides right into one of the kiddle pool. Kids eat free with adult meals. Breakfast buffet, lunch by the pool, and dinners on site (at the restaurants & room service) were all excellent. Fruits given in the afternoon by the pool was much appreicated. Definitely do a spa and hydrotherapy treatment. Oceanview balconies were nice to hang out at every night. Also, one thing I liked was that they separated the families with kids from the travellers with no kids for the rooms in separate wings. I thought that was pretty clever since some travellers do not want to hear or see too much kids. There is only 1 store in the hotel. There is not much there to buy (needed milk for my kid), but walking distance to markets/drugstores/flea markets, etc. Overall, an excellent stay, superb service, and comfortable decor in all areas of the hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rockville Centre, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I just came back from this hotel after staying there for an entire week. I stayed in the Grand Club Suites which I think is what made my stay there fantastic. I was given a free 80 minute massage valued at $354. I had breakfast and lunch each day as well as happy hour from 5-8, and VIP service at the pool and on the beach. The staff was very helpful and polite. I did get tired of them asking me if I was a guest at the hotel every single time I walked through the lobby. If they have a problem with people using their facilities that aren't guests they should give their guests some type of wrist band like other hotels do. With the exception of the breakfast I did not like any of the food at the hotel. The restaurants are not good at all, I ended up eating off the hotel just about every single night. The hotel was very clean, the staff was helpful, the hotel was beautiful. I would recommend it to others as a nice hotel but I wouldn't stay there again due to the lack of quality dinning services.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The experience I had at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral was like no other. The service was incredible, the staff were so kind, amazing, and willing to help with any of our needs and requests. The pool and the view from our junior suite room was beautiful. The room service was great and the breakfast was delicious. I will definitely book there again next year. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting cancun.

Room Tip: Junior Suite Ocean Front View on the west side
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Definitely good value for money. They have all the little things that make a holiday special such as bathrobes and slippers, waiters around the pool and a nightly turn down service.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

My only issue was with the other guests in the hotel. The we're loud and I was awoken most nights several times by drunk people knocking on the door and running away. When I asked to move rooms the management were awful at dealing with the request and I had to get my rep involved.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!