“Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 9.5 Lote 6 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #6 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Washington, dc
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I just came back from a 5-day trip to Cancun for my birthday and Fiesta Americana was great! We spent a lot of time lounging by the pool and beach. Service was great throughout. There was always a waiter to be found. The ceviche offered by the pool and beach bars was great, and so were all of the drinks. The only thing I'd say is that if you're looking for hard partying or people watching, this is not the place to go. It's more of a family place! However, this meant we had very peaceful nights with no loud noise even though we were on the 2nd floor. Rooms are huge and super comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Korean first
Greensburg, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My room was not ready until 10 pm on my check in date. When I got in at noon I was told it would be ready at 3 pm. From there on their solution was to give me free drink tickets. The hotel only had 2 handicap rooms out of 600 or so rooms. Those rooms were the only ones with walk-in showers. The showers did not have curtains nor a door, just an opening. Half the time I was there no housekeeping was done, the bed was not turned down at night, and no towels were replaced. The room was never swept once in the 8 days I was there. When I finally complained on my last day, because I left at 9 am and did not come back until after 5 pm with the room nor minibar serviced the manager looked at me and asked me what was he suppose to do. I was furious that they do not respect their guests. The only saving grace was Javier at checkout comped my $70 breakfast after listening to my concerns. I will not be going back to here. This was no value.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have a great view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This hotel is excellent, the best beach, super location, specially if you do not want to drive, lots of restaurants and discos, bars or shopping all of them two blocks from the hotel. Teens love it, so if you travel with teens this is a good place to go. In the hotel water sports to do right there. Food is great, excellent restaurant for breakfast. Now if you want to go to xplor, or Xel-ha, need to drive about one 1:30 hour. The spa it is too expensive, careful because the prices are in dollars, not pesos!!!! And a massage is $ 293.00 dollars not even in the USA. Also dissapointing that they charge you for Internet ????? And also to use the gym. Probably We will be back!!,!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This was our families first trip to Mexico. I picked this hotel because it had great reviews and a friend of mine also decided to book here. I have a 3 year old and a 8 year old. We arrived the first week of April 2012, about 2:00pm on Sunday, and they said that the room was not ready and that we would have to come back in 2 hours & 2 hours later they said 5 minutes more which led to an additional hour. The reason I got a room in 3 hours and others still had to wait was because I had to literally show them how my 3 year old was sleeping uncomfortably on the chair. We also had the airlines misplace our luggage, so we couldn't enjoy the pool while we waited. There were a lot of other people having their reservations postponed. This spoiled our entire first day at Cancun. However they did give us an upgraded beautiful room.

The outside pool is wonderful and has a kids playground as well. They have a bar at the poolside as well. I had the most expensive drink ever which costed $26(USD) for a mojito which I asked to make strong. I brought my tennis gear as the website said they have an indoor tennis court, but guess what? I was told they just removed it and that I can go to the fiesta american nearby which has an outside tennis court and cost $25/hour. Best day travel, located just under the hotel, is also a money grabber. I was told that I could rent an 8 seater vehicle to their recomended destination Xel-Ha with my friends. They sold us the tickets to Xel-ha and proceeded to tell us that that the 8 seater is not available but they can give us 2 cars instead. The indoor pool is not for kids, it is adults only. I loved our room with a beautiful ocean view and large balcony. The breakfast & food, our room, the pool, and the beach were things I enjoyed at this hotel.

I am giving this a 3 star is because of the service, it is unacceptable to have families coming to Mexico for the first time wait for 3 hours to get their reserved room at a 5 star hotel. Maybe we arrived at the wrong timeframe for this hotel, to expect 5 star service . I know that for the price we paid, I know I could have picked something that offered better service for my family in Cancun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

I just got back from a 3 night stay and was highly dissatisfied. Most of the good reviews are the hotel staff putting on great reviews for this hotel. First, the rooms have a HUGE bug problem. Second, the hotel is boring and the beach is too narrow. I also hated the area around the hotel and was harassedby taxi drivers at night. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed April 2012
Natal, RN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hotel is located in an awe-inspiring beach. The perfect place to take the apple of your eye. The scenery is wonderful. Althoug it's a beach resort, the hotel is not bustling. There you can taste a delicious and exquisite sea food. I really recomend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Coral Beach is a wonderful hotel with very nice rooms. You can see the sea from all of them. The beach in front of the hotel is calm and the water is phantastic! We had a very nice time when we stayed there. The staff is very polite... The breakfast is deliciuos...I f I come back to Cancun, I'd stay there for sure.

Andrea Migueis

Room Tip: Well..The rooms on the 10th and 11 th levels are special.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!