“good time, great fun -- avoid travelocity” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive

You added Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Km 16.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
“good time, great fun -- avoid travelocity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

we had a great time at FAC in cancun --visit from august 8-13 -- our second visit to the resort in 2 yrs -- staff was very friendly - Claudio(pool) and Ceaser (front desk) were great -- the staff was very friendly and we had a great time. Only issue we as was with travelocity who made an error on the reservation listing all the kids --total 6 -- for 2 families as infants. As a result we ended up paying 1000 dollars and 2700 dollars --for the 2 families extra when checking in. We spoke to travelocity regarding the problem and they assured us we will be reimbursed regarding their error which occured due to an upgrade of their system. To this day we have not been reimbursed and they are dragging their feet with very poor service despite us submitting all the necessary paper work they have requested.
Despite our issues with travelocity -- we had a great time at the resort and would certainly recommend others to FAC.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,318)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I've been to Mexico multiple times... Went in June with my mom and sister had the best time ever! We upgraded to an ocean front which was amazing and worth every penny! The staff was truly amazing we never had an empty glass... Please tip these servers the great job and their hard work is worth every penny!! The food was great too!!Looking forward to returning in October!!!

Stayed June 2014
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review, it's our pleasure to know that we met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service.

We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and were a little hesitant that it would not be up to par again. We were wrong. The rooms are becoming a little dated and are in need for an updated, but I noticed the hotel was painting the lobby while we were there. The food is still fantastic. They change their menu in the international dinner every night so you don't get bored. My kids preferred to go there instead of the exclusive restaurants.

When booking trips, use the ground transportation desk on the right. They are not there to try and sell you on a time share or getting you to come for breakfast. The time share deal is the only thing that I don't like because they don't even try and sell us on the Fiesta Americana. I do wish that they would allow us to pre-book our hotel room a year in advance for a discounted rate, which is what i prefer. I love this hotel but I only go if I can get a good deal on bookit or another site. You would think that Fiesta Americana would like re-occurring guests like myself but they never offer a deal. I always have to pay the upgrade fee to the room type that I like when I book through bookit.com, which by the way has consistently had the best deals compared to expedia, costco and travelocity.

One thing that we did differently this year was deep sea fishing. It was a fun experience for my husband and son. If you bring it back to the hotel, the chef in the Mexican restaurant will prepare it for you and your family as a special dinner. It was Amazing and the highlight of our trip. Luis the Server, Vladimir the chef and Efrain the capitan were excellent. Vladimir is an amazing chef who cares about his work. We tipped them well, probably $80-100 total but you couldn't buy this amazing 4-5 course meal at a local restaurant in town. It was so good that they agreed to cook us another special meal the next night and we had a different mexican meal. You feel like you get a taste of a local and the service is great. I would highly recommend the Fiesta Americana Condesca. My only lower rating was due to the rooms. If you have a family of 5, upgrading to the beachfront king room and room with double beds is worth the money because you have a common family room in the middle to hang out together and play games.

The hotel has fun kids activities for children under the age of 11. My daughters (11 and 14) love to paint the ceramics by the pool which is an additional cost to an outside party. The entertainment is fun. They could change it up soon since it is the same entertainment each year we go back. The fire dance, michael jackson show is good. The Karaoke night is nothing great. Some other game show were the kids get on stage would be more fun. The hotel should look at some ideas that cruise lines incorporate with children.

The beach is excellent. White, warm water and easily accessible. There is plenty of beach chairs. The pool chair situation is a little annoying because people reserve them by 8 am in the morning and for parents who want to watching their children in the water it is hard when all the chairs are taken by adults with out any children. I would recommend a vegas rule that if you aren't sitting in the chair 30 minutes after you reserve it, then your towels are removed. Make it known to the guest that chairs can not be reserved.

The ceviche bar is great. The lunches by the pool are fantastic. The hotel could use a few more volleyballs but it is still good and good at getting people involved. the profiterole is to die for.

Room Tip: See comments above for parties of 5 people.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest, it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

Thank you again for all your kind comments and suggestions, we are looking forward to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact us for any information or assistance; it is always a pleasure to be at your service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My sister and i stayed here from Aug 13-20..we found this hotel to be exceptionally clean and welcoming.The variety of food served each night was delicious! The staff all around were friendly and catered to us. The beds in the room were extremely comfortable...felt like sleeping on a cloud. I suggest that they should include more entertainment at night and bar should be open a little later.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Lansing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Staying at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun was a very good experience. The facilities are lovely. I have been told they are 'dated', I disagree. They are not the latest steel, concrete, and glass, that would deny the history and personality of the area. The structures are of lovely architecture, carefully cared for and maintained. the gardens and atrium are lush.
More importantly, if not most importantly, the staff was friendly and attentive more like beloved family members rather than employees. One particular gentleman, Juan Jose, JJ, as he introduced himself to us, was so very personable and helpful, we would like to have asked him to sit and eat with us but the restaurant he attended to is bustling with people ready to to eat from the buffets with their grand variety of local and international foods. There were so many others who went out of their way to make our stay memorable, each one of them serving in their respective roles, from the front desk clerks, to the water aerobics instructor, dance instructors, concierge, dozens of waiters, room attendants, maintenance workers, etc. they were all gracious and anxious to please.
Overall this was an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your review, which contributes greatly to our improvement. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. I'm very grateful for your comments about the work of our staff; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

We all are looking forward to this special honor of welcoming you back to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Check in was pretty easy. We arrived at 2pm room was not ready so we went to eat, (awesome fish tacos) most of the food was prewtty good but there were times the staff seeemed overwhelmed. At the evening outdoor grill one night it was fantastic the next we were served undercooked chicken and steak. We tried all the resteraunts and found a common theme,At peak times the staff could not handle being busy and orders went unfilled and drinks remained empty. Three night in a row we were not offered a desert menu and felt rushed. (In comparrison to other allinclusive resorts they just were understaffed) The rooms were ok,just your average hotel room,but the bathrooms were a joke. The tub and toilet were in a seperate room and is was very tight. You also had to really step to get in the tub as they were raised above the floor for some reason.Stepping out of them was another adventure if you are not over 6' tall it was dangerous. The saving grace about this resort is the amazing beach. It is just spectacular.The bars did serve some top shelf liquor but it had to be requested and most times was hidden under the bar. The pools were pretty good but at the end of the day got pretty dirty. The entertainment was lacking and the staff really did a poor job of getting people involved. If you want an awesome beach and dont mind an average resort you will do fine here. For the amount we paid I have stayed in nicer resorts but they did not have this beach, We stayed here July 13-19,2014.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in. We have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor followers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Cancun. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of luxurious and relaxing experience.

I was very much concerned by your review and disappointments you faced during your stay with us. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We were here from8/11 to 8/18 and had a wonderful experienced. The hospitality and the team work you see is amazing. They are extremely attentive and humble. They cleaned and change sheets and towels daily and on top of it they pass by afterwards to see if you need more water, towels, shampoo, etc. if you need the cleaning done latter they do come back. For us the bed mattress was excellent, my husband said I noticed I don't wake up with back ache like I do at home and I felt the same way. This place is worth the price. We even got WIFI inside our room although they said mostly in the lobby and pool area. You get a safe and fridge with different kind of drinks at no extra charge, also there is a Kids Club in case you need some alone time with your partner at no extra cost. Loved the food, specially the Cevicheria with the mixed seafood cocktail, my husband loved the guacamole with chips. Our children are picky eaters but there was always something for them to pick from. The guys at the beach, at the pool, well at every single place were beyond the limit. At Kalmia, Leonardo, Jairo and Jose made us feel so special. I wish I could of write down each and everyone's name who took care of us. All of you are and INCREDIBLE team of workers. A special thanks to the cleaning department, they are the ones who are behind the scenes but also the ones that keep the place going. I recommend this place and I would comeback and stay here again!!!! By the way, I have learned that if you need something you need to speak up, so if you have questions or are not sure about things, ask. Go to the front desk if in doubt about the all-inclusive.

Room Tip: Rooms with the lagoon view are quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!