“Awesome hotel and staff!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive

You added Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Km 16.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
“Awesome hotel and staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

My sister and i stayed here from Aug 13-20..we found this hotel to be exceptionally clean and welcoming.The variety of food served each night was delicious! The staff all around were friendly and catered to us. The beds in the room were extremely comfortable...felt like sleeping on a cloud. I suggest that they should include more entertainment at night and bar should be open a little later.

• Stayed August 2014
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Pilar Tapia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,125)
  • Polish first
Lansing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Staying at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun was a very good experience. The facilities are lovely. I have been told they are 'dated', I disagree. They are not the latest steel, concrete, and glass, that would deny the history and personality of the area. The structures are of lovely architecture, carefully cared for and maintained. the gardens and atrium are lush.
More importantly, if not most importantly, the staff was friendly and attentive more like beloved family members rather than employees. One particular gentleman, Juan Jose, JJ, as he introduced himself to us, was so very personable and helpful, we would like to have asked him to sit and eat with us but the restaurant he attended to is bustling with people ready to to eat from the buffets with their grand variety of local and international foods. There were so many others who went out of their way to make our stay memorable, each one of them serving in their respective roles, from the front desk clerks, to the water aerobics instructor, dance instructors, concierge, dozens of waiters, room attendants, maintenance workers, etc. they were all gracious and anxious to please.
Overall this was an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your review, which contributes greatly to our improvement. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. I'm very grateful for your comments about the work of our staff; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

We all are looking forward to this special honor of welcoming you back to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Check in was pretty easy. We arrived at 2pm room was not ready so we went to eat, (awesome fish tacos) most of the food was prewtty good but there were times the staff seeemed overwhelmed. At the evening outdoor grill one night it was fantastic the next we were served undercooked chicken and steak. We tried all the resteraunts and found a common theme,At peak times the staff could not handle being busy and orders went unfilled and drinks remained empty. Three night in a row we were not offered a desert menu and felt rushed. (In comparrison to other allinclusive resorts they just were understaffed) The rooms were ok,just your average hotel room,but the bathrooms were a joke. The tub and toilet were in a seperate room and is was very tight. You also had to really step to get in the tub as they were raised above the floor for some reason.Stepping out of them was another adventure if you are not over 6' tall it was dangerous. The saving grace about this resort is the amazing beach. It is just spectacular.The bars did serve some top shelf liquor but it had to be requested and most times was hidden under the bar. The pools were pretty good but at the end of the day got pretty dirty. The entertainment was lacking and the staff really did a poor job of getting people involved. If you want an awesome beach and dont mind an average resort you will do fine here. For the amount we paid I have stayed in nicer resorts but they did not have this beach, We stayed here July 13-19,2014.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in. We have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor followers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Cancun. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of luxurious and relaxing experience.

I was very much concerned by your review and disappointments you faced during your stay with us. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We were here from8/11 to 8/18 and had a wonderful experienced. The hospitality and the team work you see is amazing. They are extremely attentive and humble. They cleaned and change sheets and towels daily and on top of it they pass by afterwards to see if you need more water, towels, shampoo, etc. if you need the cleaning done latter they do come back. For us the bed mattress was excellent, my husband said I noticed I don't wake up with back ache like I do at home and I felt the same way. This place is worth the price. We even got WIFI inside our room although they said mostly in the lobby and pool area. You get a safe and fridge with different kind of drinks at no extra charge, also there is a Kids Club in case you need some alone time with your partner at no extra cost. Loved the food, specially the Cevicheria with the mixed seafood cocktail, my husband loved the guacamole with chips. Our children are picky eaters but there was always something for them to pick from. The guys at the beach, at the pool, well at every single place were beyond the limit. At Kalmia, Leonardo, Jairo and Jose made us feel so special. I wish I could of write down each and everyone's name who took care of us. All of you are and INCREDIBLE team of workers. A special thanks to the cleaning department, they are the ones who are behind the scenes but also the ones that keep the place going. I recommend this place and I would comeback and stay here again!!!! By the way, I have learned that if you need something you need to speak up, so if you have questions or are not sure about things, ask. Go to the front desk if in doubt about the all-inclusive.

Room Tip: Rooms with the lagoon view are quieter
Hudsonville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I, along with another couple, were here mid-August for 5 days and really enjoyed it. We've been to the RIU Palace Las Americas in Cancun to compare it to and while the RIU seems newer and a bit fancier I thought the FACC pool areas were better and much more enjoyed their beach. The waves out in the water were fun to plunge around in and the sand was super soft with no rocks. A bit of seaweed, but nothing to keep us out of the water. The staff was great at the restaurants, bars, and pool (Angel at the pool was great!) and we thought the food was ok. The buffet was not outstanding but we really enjoyed the Italian restaurant. We didn't get to the Asian restaurant. Our rooms were ok - not really large but we didn't come here to spend much time in our rooms. I liked that the bathroom sink/prep area was separate from the toilet/shower area. We would definitely come here again and will seriously consider it next summer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you very much for such a positive review, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, its importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back next summer.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

After much research, and reading through so many positive reviews, I decided to book at the Fiesta Americana Condesa. I'm glad I put in the effort because it paid off. The food and the drinks were the best I have had at ANY all inclusive hotel. Id like to give a personal shout out to Chef Rene at Kambu, He made us an excellent personalized meal our first night, and it really set the tone for the rest of our 7 night stay.

The Fish tacos at the Cevicheria are well worth the praise they receive. They are Amazing.

One thing I noticed that I didn't read about in previous reviews is the level of shade at the beach and pool area. If you get up around 7:45 you can have your pick of beach side or pool side shade! (there is plenty to choose from) Which is needed if you plan on spending the full day outside.

The staff really makes this resort. Everyone we encountered was exceptionally helpful and kind.. Id like to give special Kudos to both Jose's at the beach bar/waiter they remembered my name and which drinks I liked! Isidro, pool/beach waiter was AMAZING. He brought us some Horchata which made my husbands day. He went out of his way to make us feel special. Also, Jairo Tun, his kindness made my heart melt. From the first day, where he told us "welcome home, to our last when he said "its been a pleasure" he was so kind and helpful. Also Gristian , Daniel and Jaun working the breakfast buffet, AWESOME!

My one.. and ONLY complaint.. is the bed was REALLY hard. Luckily we were so tired from the day we fell asleep quickly..

All in all. It was a really great vacation.

Room Tip: In our garden view room, we were able to see the ocean!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments and suggestions. Should you consider Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun for your vacations in the future, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Recently returned from a family trip to Cancun. Went for a family wedding which was also in the Fiesta American hotel.
Good News
The hotel is clean. The Fiesta American has a army of workers that are busy cleaning up the hotel each morning and getting it ready for a new day.
With the exception of Kalmia the food was pretty good. The Italian restaurant was the best (best wine menu by far) followed by the Asian(Kambu) restaurant. the poolside option is an quick excellent choice as well.
pools are large and accommodate all the guests
As far as the activities go, Aquaworld which offers a TON of water based activities is literally right across the street. (scuba, snorkle, submarine tours, jetski, boat rental etc..) Very convenient.
Concierge helped us to arrange a day trip to Xel Ha (Shell Ha) which was excellent. highly recommend this as a all day option for an active family. LOTS to do here so check that out in a separate search
Also took the ferry to the Isle of Mujeres for a day - also highly recommend. You are really not going to experience Mexico sitting in a resort every day. We found the island quaint and more reflective of Mexico vs. the "sanitized" resort version.
Service was pretty good. I recommend looking around, finding an employee that is hustling and happy and give them a nice tip $5, and you will not need to worry about getting food/drinks for the rest of the day.
Wedding was really nice. On the beach and went off without a hitch so everyone was happy about that.
Beach is nice and cool, not too rough and a lifeguard on duty
The not so good
My recommendation - don't come in August. I live in SC and I know what hot weather feels like. August weather here is like living on the face of the sun. Couple that with the fact that the main lobby and the pool restaurant are NOT air conditioned and it was tough at times. in particular, the lobby area which included the main bar that is open after dinner at night was just about uninhabitable. Minimum 85 degrees at night.
The property needs to be upgraded, especially the rooms. Clean, but just worn out.
No umbrellas (except a very few permanent thatch roofed umbrellas) at the beach. Which = you are not going to be staying on the beach very long in that heat. I don't get why they would not have umbrella service there????
Also, very few umbrellas by the pool. they only have "x" number of them available and unless you are an early riser (we were so not a problem) you most likely will be in the sun most of the day.
WIFI - virtually nonexistent. My teens like to stream music and yes we like to check facebook etc... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN here. The ONLY way to get online was to be up early (7 am) and attempt to get access then.
Activities were weak. Some beach volleyball and soccer as well as pool volleyball, but not much to do other than that. No pool tables or ping pong or game room in general. If you have teens, I recommend pre-planning activities off the property or you are going to have bored kids on your hands.
Lots of drinking - no one out of hand or unruly, but just a heads up for those of you with teenagers. Pool bar is open @ 10am and stays pretty packed all day. We had no issues with servers pouring alcoholic drinks for our teens (16 & 13) but there are a lot of people attempting to get their moneys worth during the day.

All in all....pretty good not great. if we ever come back, I think I would stay on the Isle of Mujeres. :)

Room Tip: we had partial ocean view - upgraded when we got there. (tried to get free up grade but no go) 4 peo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations during the time you spent with us. I do apologize, if we failed to provide you a complete detailed information regarding the different activities at our resort upon your arrival in order to avoid this inconvenience.

I would like to remind to all of our guests that we have different activities almost all day long and for all ages, starting from 9:30 am till 5:00 pm the entertainment staff provides fun and sports activities like yoga, dance lessons, water aerobics, pool and beach volleyball. On the evening, the entertainment starts at 9:00 pm with the show at our Lobby Bar, every night we have a different show performed by professional dancers, Circus Show, Michael Jackson Show, Caribbean Show, etc., and on selected nights we offer a Mexican/Caribean dinner-show at the pool area. After the show, we have live music at the lobby bar, starting at 10:00 pm, with a different live band, every night. If you have kids, the Fiesta Kids is open from 9:30 am till 7:00 pm, with videogames and a lot of activities indoor and outdoor for kids from 4 to 11 years old.

I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Pilar Tapia

Been to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!