“Great Stay--Great Memories!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive

You added Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Km 16.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
“Great Stay--Great Memories!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Let me preface this review with saying that this was the first All-Inclusive resort we have visited. We have been on several cruises, but never planted our feet on one resort before! Because of this I have no experience at other resorts to compare Fiesta Americana to, but I can give you my overall impressions as a first-time visitor to Cancun and this resort.

Check-In

No line, quick and painless. We got our welcome drinks right away and they carried our bags to our room.

The Room

This is why my review is 4 stars. We had several issues with our room that were enough of an inconvenience to lower my rating. We were in room #230 which was a Garden view. Our first problem was the proximity to the lobby so if we wanted to sleep before 12:00 a.m. it was very difficult due to the noise from the trivia games, music or people gathered at the resort's only open bar. The front desk was unwilling to do anything when we requested a change except try to get us to spend more money on an upgrade. Second, the deadbolt on the door locked us out a few times, and we had to get someone to let us in even though there's no way we could have locked it from the outside. Third, the bed could seriously use an update. I'm not a large person but every time I moved it creaked and it was a bit caved in. Otherwise the room was acceptable: plenty of space, nice shower and large vanity. We didn’t spend much time in the room other than to sleep otherwise. If we go back we will be a lot more adamant about our room I think.

The Food

Whoever says the food on this resort was “meh” hasn’t been on Carnival… This place’s food is phenomenal. Fresh made egg white omelets for breakfast were my favorite, for lunch we loved the fish tacos by the pool, and we kept going back to the Asian restaurant for dinner although we tried everything. There was so much variety I could have eaten all day! We also didn’t have any issue with long wait times. Maybe 7:00 p.m. was considered early for everyone else? They seemed to get really busy around 7:30-8:00.

The Drinks

Must try: Hibiscus Margarita at the Mexican Restaurant. I could drink those like water! Otherwise they can make you whatever you want. The bartenders were all really nice even though they were really busy, and always helpful! I always had some ones on hand for those guys!

The Gym

The gym was tiiiiiny! For such a large resort I was disappointed that they had a total of 5 cardio machines, very few free weights, and one combo weight machine. (It’s clear they intend for you to eat instead of work out!)

The Spa

They offer free hydrotherapy if you purchase a massage package. We bought the couples massage that included dinner on the beach for our Anniversary. The hydrotherapy was a dry sauna, a wet sauna, a cold tub, followed by a hot tub. My husband and I both felt that the massage was decent, but they used a ton of lotion. I felt like a slip-n-slide when I left.

The Pool/Beach

We spent 75% of our vacation here. (Isn’t that the reason to go to Cancun anyway?) I found that as long as we got our towels out by 8:00 a.m. we had no issues getting a nice spot in the shade. (If you want to be in the sun all day it appeared to not matter because there were a lot of empty chairs on the beach and poolside all day.) The drinks were endless and there were people coming to take orders all day! I was a huge fan of this. The beach was gorgeous!! It was very well kept with soft sand and swimmable water free of seaweed, grass, rocks or kelp. I could have been on that beach for another week easily!

Activities

We mostly kept to ourselves but we were left without much to do after dinner some nights. Maybe we missed out on something that was going on? I’m not sure. During the day we had fun playing corn hole and darts, which were set up by the pool.

The Service

I left this until the end because I want this to be the final impression: these employees were so friendly. Oh my goodness we were so surprised by how NICE everyone was! Nobody was too busy to say hi or ask if we were happy. Who does that? Even the housekeeping team were like long lost cousins. One of the first things my husband said when we checked out was, “Can we come back?” There was such a warm feeling there all week!

Room Tip: Away from the central lobby if you like to turn in before 12:00 am.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,108)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

It looks quite lovely when you first get there. Some positives and some negatives:

Positives:
-The breakfast buffet is VERY good with excellent service
-Cerviche poolside very nice
-Tapas bar and coffee bar

Negatives:
-We had a large Master suite. Really really tired decor, not very clean. Large and huge ocean front balcony. Balcony had a jacuzzi on it (of the indoor type that you had to fill with water)
-Very strange shower bath, which was almost impossible to get in to. Bathroom was downright grimy.
-The dinner food was fairly unpleasant. Although it being pre-prepared would be expected, the plate decorations were literally dried on to the plate.
-Pool area became very dirty through the day and it didn't seem to get cleaned properly.

If you are able to secure this resort for cheap then you will be happy. If you are looking for luxury then this is certainly not it.

Room Tip: The Master suites are very large but need some serious refurbishment. We were ocean front so locati...
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

For an all inclusive, this one is pretty good, but not what I would consider 4 stars. The positives: staff very friendly and helpful (especially Jose in the breakfast dining and cevicheria and Tomas the yoga instructor); food pretty good and available; nice pace on the activities, not too much, but something to do if you so desire; resort not too large so coordinating with others in your party won't be difficult; rooms were clean. Now for the downside...you have to watch your drinks being made if you request a certain liquor, they will pour the house standard if you don't watch; the bathrooms are tiny with only room for shower and toilet, no more. There is a vanity area that is a fairly good size, but seriously too small for 4 stars in Mexico. The furnishings in the room were musty and dated and the mattress was not comfortable at all. The negatives didn't make our stay unpleasant at all, but we probably wouldn't stay there again unless there was a great promotional rate. Too many great properties with no downside. We did love seeing Jose each morning and also the yoga classes with Tomas were a treat for all of us (advanced, beginner, and kids all together).

Lawrencville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went to Cancun with my three children, ages 18, 11 and 6, my sister, and my mom. The hotel and facilities were very pretty. It was my first all-inclusive and I was a little skeptical about the quality of the facilities, food, booze, etc. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was lovely, room size just right, pool so beautiful, and the restaurants were all great. Even the buffet. The food was excellent. Fresh and available everywhere. The liquor was good. Not cheap or watered down. The beach was beautiful. Never lets me down. The staff was outstanding. Especially Manuel, Nora and Israel. They couldn't have been nicer as was everyone at the hotel. I felt as if everyone was bending over backwards for us. These people work so hard, yet manage to smile and be happy to help. I've always loved Mexico over other destinations for this quality. There was a spot for everyone visiting. Spring breakers, young couples, families, etc. Even though there was a lot of action downstairs in the bar area, it never bothered us on the fifth floor. Even the towels for the pool/beach and in the rooms were great. Better than some spas I've been to. The only criticisms I have are that there aren't enough umbrellas in the pool area and on the beach. They should at least have some umbrellas that you can rent for the beach. I would have spent even more time there if I had a little shade. Another is that the blankets on the bed could be a little better quality. The sheets and pillows were just fine, the covers were a bit synthetic so we got a little sweaty while we slept. Lastly, we were told that the beds were queen size. They were full. Which isn't much fun when you have to share will a restless 6 year old. Overall, I would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Lagoon side was perfect. Just ask about the bathroom size(ours was very tine) and be sure to confir...
Clinton, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My daughter and I just returned from a four-day visit and we had a great time. As other reviewers have noted, there are things that need updating, but the service is great. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The beach is beautiful, and we didn't really mind that much having to get up early to put towels on chairs to reserve them (that was really necessary, unfortunately). Unlike some other reviewers, though, we really can't say that the food was great. Some was, some wasn't. The breakfasts were wonderful, and we had some great grilled food for lunch in the pool area. At night we ate at Rosato's with mixed results. The caesar salad was great. The salmon was really terrific, and the beef dish was very good. The pork dish was poor (tough and way overcooked). The chicken supreme was fine so long as you like deep-fat fried chicken. Desserts were just OK. Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves. Despite being there at the height of the season, it was not overly crowded at the pool or on the beach.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Best Vacation Trip of my Life! Where should I start. When we arrived we were greeted by the staff and the check in process was quick. Booked an Oceanfront suite. Worth the extra $12 a day. The All inclusive options were Amazing!!! All 5 Restaurants were AVERAGE/ EXCELLENT. 3 large pools to choose from. The beach was Stunning!. Cant get any better. The All Inclusive bar options were the best i have ever seen. The rooms could get updated. The Wi-Fi is horrible. The most important thing to me was the service. Every single employee no matter what their job were so friendly and genuine. Everyone that I came across were so eager to help you or answer any questions you have with a smile. If we needed asked for something they would go above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied and taken care of. Not just pass you off to another employee.1st class service is what you get. David the (Concierge) is the man! He is the go to guy when you are planning to got to activities/trips (SNORKELING,DOLPHINS,MAYAN RUINS,WATER PARKS etc.etc.

Room Tip: I would recommend Ocean Front over Ocean View. It's not that much more in cost.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had my wedding at FAC this February 2014. It was a +130 guest wedding. The wedding coordinators (Liz, Silvia) are great. They are really kind and nice people, they hear your opinions, they are quite organized, and follow requests as well. They made the ball room look much much better than I envisioned. Given the size of the wedding, we got upgraded to a suite (terrace, jacuzzi, etc.), that was really nice of them, we also got white bracelets and I think they meant just married because everyone in the hotel will say "Congrats". The only thing I had some trouble with was the "bellmen". First. I had chocolate boxes for the rooms, with a schedule for the weekend printed. They were so slow delivering them. They said someone had to be in the room, but of course nobody is in the room other than sleeping! Liz had to call them and tell them to leave them in the room (as normally is done in weddings with room gifts). Still some of my guest did not get the chocolates/schedule. Also, I waited more than an hour for my luggage to be taken to my new room where I was going to change, it arrived almost when I had to be ready (after 4 calls!!).

About the hotel. The food is really good! Sometimes there is a big line for the restaurants though. The beach is awesome! The service is REALLLLLYYYY GOOOOODD (the best of the hotel). Seriously, the employees seem always happy, and always asking if they can do something for you. My guest seemed very happy. I recommend for family vacations and weddings as well. The rooms can be a little bit dated, but they are super clean!! :)

I would come back.

Monica

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!