“So Happy Here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive

You added Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Km 16.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
San Jose, California
“So Happy Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Wow, we had an awesome time at this hotel! Thank you very much Mr. Morales and Mr. Kirwan. We sincerely and greatly appreciate your excellent customer service. This hotel is great for rest and relaxation. We would definitely return.

BEACH: Large sandy & beach area, plenty of loungers (no need to wake up early to play the towel game), bar located on the beach too, good beach service, ocean was a bit rough, some small sea shells getting into the beach, but disappears as you go farther a bit, barely any seaweed and no rocks.

POOLS: Swim up bar, pool w/ volleyball net, infinity pool (only went to this pool and it was not cold, nice and cool water temperature), 2 towel kiosks (towel card required) and plenty of restrooms.

FOOD/DRINKS: Room service is delivered in approx. 30 mins., in-room frig. includes 2 Cokes, 1 Diet Coke, one 7 up, 2 small bottled waters and 2 types of Mexican beer (2 of each type) which gets replenished daily, house wine: red & white from Chile are decent to drink, bars open at 10AM, food easily accessible, no need to make reservations at restaurants:

BREAKFAST – Kalmia (main buffet) opened fr. 6:30AM-12PM or Kambu (near the pool area) opened fr. 7AM-10:30AM.

LUNCH – Kalmia (main buffet) opened at 12:30PM - ?, Kambu (half buffet/half menu service) opened fr. 12:30PM-4PM, Cevicheria (order fr. menu: fish tacos, seafood soup, fried calamari, ceviche, etc…) 12PM-5:30PM, Snack Kambu station (chicken wings, fried onion rings, etc..) 12PM-5PM, Grill near the pool area (food changes daily) 12:30PM-2:30PM.

DINNER – Kalmia (main buffet) 5:30PM-11PM w/ 2x week theme buffet moved outside the pool area, and the 3 other restaurants are all opened fr. 5PM-10:30PM: El Mexicano (Mexican), Kambu (Asian), and my favorite Rosato (Italian) (adults only after 7PM, casual elegant dress code). At Rosato, try their spaghetti, Caesar salad, Tuscan (tomato) soup, Capri salad and beef fillet.

COFFEE SHOP– coffee, cappuccino, espresso, desserts, pastries and ice cream on an ice cream cone. Not sure the exact hours, but it was open through out the day into the evening.

Tapas & Lobby Bar – appetizers fr. 5PM-1PM

ROOMS: All suites have 2 restrooms and only one king size bed (you can request a roll away bed), beds were not as hard as others had mentioned, coffee maker and room cleaning 2x a day.

LOCATION: Public bus right in front of hotel for 8.5 pesos or 1 USD one-way, across from Aqua World, and approx. 15-20 mins. from the airport.

INTERNET: Free Wi-Fi, good Wi-Fi signal to room, free computers to use, but charge of $1/page to printout.

STAFF: Great customer service from Christyan, Esteban Meneses, Marcos Alanis and Javier Hernandez. Poor customer service from Andres @ Kalmia’s breakfast. Overall, the staff were helpful and willing to please.

Room Tip: All suites have 2 restrooms and only one king size bed (you can request a roll away bed).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us, it was a pleasure meeting you. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our food options, the facilities and specially the excellent service provided by our staff. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable and names of every team member who made every effort to ensure that you wouldn’t want to leave our hotel, are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

John Kirwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,107)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went to cancun for 5 days in April 2013. The weather was excellent. Sunny and no rain at all.
The resort is awesome because of the peopl work there. This is what I liked most
+ 4 restaurants :Mexican, Italian, Asian and carribean. They are indoor and outdoor at the shore too. Pls note that italian requires formal attire if you want to eat there.
+ Photo people at the resort. You can have different kinds of photo sessions at th beach with family and also with exotic birds/animals if you want. My kid loved it.
+ The pool is awesome. There is bar at the pool as well, so you don't need to step out for drink.
+ Lots of activities, games , barbeque and performances at the site.
+ Excellent room service. We always had breakfast at the room. Plus house keeping comes multiple times and offers fresh towels, water etc.
+ There is towel service at the beach and pool. You can get as many fresh towels you want and don't have to worry about carrying one.
+ Aquaworld right across the street with tons ofactivities.
+ Parasailing, jet skiing and few other activities on site itself.

Overall a excellent place and we would definately consider going back gain.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shoreview, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am an airline employee with lots of travel experience and this hotel was by far our favorite place to stay in Cancun from the mid 90's until about 2003. What I liked about the hotel was the beautiful grounds in front of the hotel and it's magnificent palapa entrance. It was quite a spectacular feeling to ride the escalator up to the top to arrive at the wide expansive lobby with its breathtakingly shiny beautiful marble floor and massive vase of fresh bouquet birds of paradise flowers. My husband and I recently went back for a quick three night stay and in ten years there has been so many changes now that it is an all inclusive. When we arrived this time we got the same excited feeling as we were coming up to the front grounds.The palapa still as magnificent as ever and when we arrived at the steps I noticed right away some of the wear and tear and the teeth missing on the escalator stairs.This was my first clue of a neglected hotel. When we arrived at the top I could still see some parts of the old expansive lobby, sure there were smatterings of it here and there, but what happen to all that beautiful shiny marble tile? Where was the massive vase of fresh flowers and what were those shabby mismatched umbrellas doing off to the right? Welcome to the new all-inclusive Condessa. They added an Italian restarant viewed from the lobby and those shabby umbrellas were the new coffee shop. When we got into the elevator it was dirty, fingerprinted and the very dated thing clanged all the way up. Upon entering our garden view room we noticed it was not very cool, it was damp and had a strange odor, but the kicker was it looked the same as it did 18 years ago - only now much much older and that wasn't good. The woodwork was scuffed, the bathroom was dumpy looking and the bed was lumpy and the sheets were hard! When we got to the pool we noticed it was a little dirty and right away noticed it was not chlorinated and was now a salt water pool...ok that can be better for you, but can it be cleaner? The poolside staff was very efficient and friendly and the bar pour was quality if you asked for it. The food at the pool was good. The bridge has been gone for a while even in 2003 at our last stay, but without it there is only one way to get from one side to the other. Later that afternoon when we went back to the room and even though we turned up the a/c and kept the drapes closed it was still damp, warm and smelly. My husband was laying on the bed and I could see his feet were black at the bottom! He just came from the pool to his flip flops so we knew it was from the room's floor. I took a room towel and wiped down the floor, dirty - dirty! When I went to get out the ironing board - I noticed the cover was ridden with moldy spots so I took it off and used a towel insead. We ordered a small pizza and club sandwich as an appetizer from room service while we got ready. The food came and we laughed it was such a joke. The club sandwich was a few slices of wonder bread and two pieces of meat and cheese, the pizza was no better than a microwaved frozen thing from a grocery store. We were now leery of how the rest of the food would be and was surprised that the food was good in the Italian and Asian restaurants and the breakfast buffet. I really liked the silent movie that played outside of the Mexican restaurant that was a pleasant surprise. The coffee shop with the mismatched umbrellas served Nescafe caps and coffee til way into the night, that was a nice touch too and the pastries looked pretty, but were not so tasty. Also the fish bar during the day was a treat. During the full first day we noticed the way the bar back was washing the cups at the pool bar. He was barely dipping the cups as quickly as he could into the dishpan and then just stacking them to dry! When we saw this we started using our own cups.The hotel neglected to fill our fridge as they were suppose to daily.
The room never got cooler the entire time even though the fan ran continually. Our wet clothes never dried and at the end of our second night when we got back to the room we noticed water on the floor and the ceiling was leaking. The front desk sent a repairman. He spoke no english so I had no idea what was going on. He came into the room with a ladder, a three foot cut garden hose and bucket of tools. He opened the ceiling tile and all this water came crashing down. He didn't take any care to put a towel down and all our toiletries were exposed on the vanity! Next he took the hose and started to siphon the water from something in the ceiling into our rooms garbage can then dumped the contents into the toilet. I totally was prepared to change rooms even though it was midnight, but he put the moldy (unexposed underside) ceiling tile back in place and called for room service. Another person who spoke no english came into mop out the room - well that's one way to clean a floor! I went over to our vanity and thankfully it looked like no water got onto our toiletries and toothbrushes. We were checking out the next day so we stayed put, but all night I wondered what on earth we were breathing and what were we exposed too? We left the next day and I was never so happy to leave a hotel room in my life! My husband started to get sick after the first night - stomach, intestinal and sinus stuff we were thinking Montezuma's Revenge, but now I am not so sure. I didn't get sick, but I developed a wierd sore on my hand and the top of my foot by the time we left. I think it was from the dirty pool. I can put up with change and age, but what I cannot put up with is uncleanliness. I would rate this hotel as a 2.5 - I have no idea how this is rated as a four star? This hotel is in trouble and barely hanging in there and my guess is that it will not be a four star for long. We paid a lot of money for our stay here and it was money wasted. I am so thankful I was not locked into staying for a week! We booked a few nights at the Casa Magna Marriott - a true four star- built around the same time, but you would never know it. It is classy and looks brand new. What a difference between a hotel that takes care of their property and one that does not. Please take my advice and don't bother staying here...it isn't worth the filth!

Room Tip: Book through Expedia or another such company because there may be money trust issues upon checking i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I would like to start by offering an apology for not meeting you in person while you were here and addressing personally the inconveniences that you had during your stay. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. I can assure you that our maintenance and cleaning staff are working 24/7 just to make sure our Resort is always clean and well kept for our guests.

I would exhort any guests who is having a bad experience to seek help while on the promises so that a suitable solution can be found.

Once again please do accept my apologies and do not hesitate to contact me with any further comments regarding your experience with us.

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I visited this resort in Feb 2013 during a two-week span in which we visited two other resorts in the Hotel Zone. The grounds are lovely, but found our room unexceptional.We overlooked the lagoon (which was nice and quiet at night!), but the balcony was so small, my foot barely fit on it...so there was no sitting outside:-( The room itself could use some updating, and has a very tiny bathroom; the bathtub has high sides, and being on the short side, I came home with large bruises on the inside of both knees. The room was clean, but we did need to request bottled water on occasion. For the most part, the staff was very pleasant and friendly.

The breakfast buffet was acceptable and the service here was among the best we experienced, particularly with Juan Jose and Manuel. We had the fish or shrimp tacos every day for lunch...they were that good! We really enjoyed the Asian restaurant for dinner; we went there twice. We ate one night at the dinner buffet and were underwhelmed, and we tried the Mexican one night and found it so-so comparing it to the other resorts we stayed at this trip, with the service being slow. We had a couple treats at the Sweet Shop, which we enjoyed. The bar was a very popular place...it was hard to find a place to sit and was very noisy; if there was a quiet bar where you could just sit and have a drink along with a conversation, we never found it (and this is something we would have enjoyed.)

Nice beach for walking, which we did. The pool area was lovely and huge, but the towel game was played here, and it was difficult to find loungers earlier in the day. Smoking was permitted by the pool, it appears, so that was a major turn-off. The sports and entertainment group by the pool seemed to sponsor many things, but we found them more attentive to people sitting around that they knew and they would walk past us as we lounged. However, the bar service was extremely good, and always with a smile no matter how busy there were. We went to a couple of the evening shows and they were excellent.

Internet was free, and worked well while we were there in both our room and by the pool; however, they do charge $1.00 per sheet for printing (i.e boarding passes.)

Two snafus:
1) we were told at the concierge desk that breakfast was served earlier than it was for the morning that we were leaving; unfortunately, the restaurant opened half an hour later and we had to to gobble our meal.
2) there was a fire LITERALLY across from our room two nights before we left; a section of the thatched roof of the theater was in flames. Fortunately, it was contained, but no one checked on us, and we went home with some smoky-smelling clothes (we decided it wasn't worth packing up everything and moving to another room for just one night, which we might have requested if we were staying longer.)

If we hadn't stayed at the other resorts prior to coming here, this place would have been fine; it would be hard not to recommend it and the price was very good. Lots of families seemed to be enjoying it, so don't let my review keep you from coming here...remember everything people post on here is related to their likes and dislikes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide. Our front Guest Service Manager have received your feedback and we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests.

Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

Leesville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We loved the Fiesta American Condesa, the staff was fabulous. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make our vacation perfect. Victor A Mateos was exceptionally friendly at the nighttime buffet. He went out of his way to make my husband and i feel special. I would definitley recommend this hotel to others and come back myself. The tacos at the pool side restaurant were one of our favorites. Also the duck in the italian restaurant was fabulous. I would also recommend using the service in the lobby to book your trips. Great place, great food, great beachs, great staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review and recommendations which help all the TripAdvisor community. It is our pleasure to know that your stay was beyond your expectations in the matter of relaxing experience, high level of service and food. Thank you for giving us credit on so many positive aspects.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Cancun.

Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wonderful beach, pool, great Italian restaurant and plenty of property to roam. Only problem is a big problem. The property is aging and the rooms have major air conditioner problems. Our room was wet with heat and humidity.

Room Tip: Ask for a guarantee for a room with a working air conditioner
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I appreciate your honesty as we are always looking for improvement and exceed guest expectations. Although we find that vast majority of our guests already love the unique personality and ambiance that Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun has to offer, inside and out, we agree that it is important to stay fresh. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

I will truly appreciate if you could contact me with additional comments about your stay, which we will certainly use in order to make changes for better and ensure that every guest has the most satisfactory experience.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We travelled to Cancun for a customer appreciation trip along with 450 other couples, and what a time we had!!! The service here was excellent, the staff very friendly and nice. We especially enjoyed Antonio Lopez, who worked in the little coffee shop in the main lobby. What great person, very friendly and funny, made us feel at home. He gave us the "big" cup for our morning espresso - 5 shots!! The only complaint we have is the bed was not very comfy, so sleep was a little difficult. However, the whole of the experience was great - the food fabulous and we enjoyed it so much!! Would recommend to everyone!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your review and especially for your kind comments about our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. We strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

John Kirwan

Been to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!