“Zero Entertainment” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive

You added Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Km 16.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Zero Entertainment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Myself, my wife, and 10 other parents brought 44 senior high students here for spring break. We're actually still here. Although the resort advertises that it does not cater to "spring breakers" you would certainly think that they would have different forms of entertainment not only for the younger crowd but also but us adults aren't yet in wheel chairs. However they do not. No live music in the evenings or things to do during the day for that matter. God help you if the weather isn't nice because then the only thing you will do is trap yourself in your room because Nothing is going around the resort to keep you entertained. Just saying, if you're not a senior over 60 yrs old or a family bringing kids here younger then 16, I wouldn't recommend this resort. Furthermore the wifi service is the terrible unless you are hanging around the fron

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I appreciate your valuable review about our hotel and your comments from your recent stay with us. I do apologize, if we failed to provide you a complete detailed information regarding the different activities at our resort upon your arrival in order to avoid this inconvenience.

I would like to remind to all of our guests that we have different activities almost all day long and for all ages, starting from 9:30 am till 5:00 pm the entertainment staff provides fun and sports activities like yoga, dance lessons, water aerobics, pool and beach volleyball.

On the evening, the entertainment starts at 9:00 pm with the show at the theatre, every night we have a different show performed by professional dancers, Circus Show, Michael Jackson Show, Caribbean Show, etc., and twice a week we offer a Mexican/Caribean dinner-show at the pool area. After the show, we have live music at the lobby bar, starting at 10:00 pm, with a different live band, every night.

If you have kids, the Fiesta Kids is open from 9:30 am till 7:00 pm, with a lot of activities indoor and outdoor for kids from 4 to 11 years old.

Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

John Kirwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,276)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Holmen, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I travelled with another couple at the end of March for 6 days. We loved it here and had a great time for the most part. This place is small and not overly busy which was great! We never had any trouble waiting in lines to get food or drinks or chairs on the beach...here are my pros and cons:

PROS:
1. excellent service by the staff! They were always friendly and accommodating! We loved Alex, Noe and Jonathan as they were by far the best bartenders! I wanted a dirty martini and they were able to accommodate with a smile!
2. the food was really good especially the Italian restaurant. But equally great buffets and snack bars!
3. great beach and pool areas! The beach was one of the best around as we noticed while walking up and down the shoreline. There are plenty of chairs and space. The pool bar was awesome, the water was warm and the drinks were a plenty!
4. good location...lots of shopping and whatever, just had to jump on a bus and get to what you needed getting to.

CONS (more like suggestions)
1. it states that the Fiesta Americana Condesa STRONGLY discourages spring breakers but not strongly enough in my opinion...a very large group of 18 year olds arrived at the beginning of the week and they took over every bar, they were loud and very ungrateful. It was the least fun of our vacation. I will never book around spring break again.
2. the beach chairs were very uncomfortable...would be nice to have a cushion...something like the chairs around the pool.
3. the beach bar could be expanded as it was always a great place to be but could use more sitting.
We would definitely stay at The Fiesta Americana again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I appreciate your valuable review about our hotel and your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a very good choice in Cancun.
The positives are: The place is spotless. Every place you look there is someone cleaning. I was in room 642 and there was no humidity odors. The workers are so friendly. My choice for restaurant dining is Kambu next to the pool. I had all three meals here. Buffet for breakfast and a la carte for lunch and dinner. The mexican restaurant for dinner is also a fine choice. There is a line for Rosato every night but I do not know why. Both dishes that came to my table left a lot to be desired. Kalmia is buffet style all day and was good but not as good as Kambu. The snack bar is a deep fried eaters paradise. Cervicheria is another fine choice. As others have said the fish tacos hit the spot. Overall very good dining choices. The beach is very clean but the water is on the rough side. People do the towel game to hold chairs both on the beach and at the pool so get up early for the choice spots. Chairs are available through the day.
Now the negatives. None were deal breakers in my book but be aware of them since they may be deal breakers for you. The rooms have either a king bed or two full size beds. Full size is too small for two adults. I felt as if I was sleeping on a cliff so I slept in the other bed. The bathrooms are small but that didn't bother me at all. The tub is a bit higher to get into so be careful and anyone with mobility issues may have a problem. The AC is on the low side so if you like it like a meat storage locker this one is not for you. I went in March so it was ok. If you go in the summer it may be an issue. The furniture and decor is dated but I only use the room to sleep so I didn't care. I think the negatives are minor issues so go and have a blast. All age groups well represented.

Room Tip: High floors offer views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Guilford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel's big pool and thought the food and service was very good. I would think twice about returning due to the rooms being too basic for my liking. The rooms are small, not very well decorated, and not the cleanest. Evening entertainment was non-existant. The beach is rough in this part of Cancun. I did like having the marina available right across the street for excursions. Bottom line- I would return but only if I had a really incredible deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

we were 5 couples who are in our 50's and we went to this resort for a week and were all planning on going back next year, The service was great, the food was fantastic, and the drinks sent my liver into rehab. We really enjoyed the Italian restaurant, the service was unbelievable in this place, better then I have had on cruise ships. Never felt crowed, chairs were easy to find on the beach and by the pool, waiters and waitress everywhere and willing to please. bartenders having fun with the customers. Rooms were decent size and well maintained, Can't find anything bad to say about the Americana Fiesta Condesa and that's a good thing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun lives up to your expectations in every aspect of the most relaxing vacation: food and beverage selection, facilities and comfort of your room, and certainly, the service, which is the greatest and probably most important element of our resort.

We are looking forward to your next visit; do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Windham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Every year I go away with a bunch of girls to the Caribbean ... This was the second time in Cancun! The first time I stayed closer to the point, which I did like the location better. There is no problem being farther away either because the bus stop is right outside the hotel entrance and comes every 10 minutes and its $1 a ride no matter how far you go, it brings you down town to all the straw markets and the marina ports and all the bars.
The fiesta Americana Condesa was good! Rooms were ok, big enough, the toilets flush good, water pressure is good, the shower drains and the beds are comfortable. All important on vacation. Room service is great even at 3:00 am. Drinks are great! For the most part top self. The bar tenders will make what ever you want. We did a ton of shots.. So fun! They bring drinks right to your lounge chair on the beach... The pool is clean, beautiful and huge, two levels. The beach is great but the water is very rough! Cancun is always windy and the beach is mostly red flagged. The food was great... The Mexican restaurants food presentation was awesome. The snacks and restaurants around the pool are good! Your never going to be hungry or thirsty! The buffet is good, the Mexican was great and the Italian was good. No complaints other than, not much nightlife at this resort as far as music and dancing.... We went to señor frogs......it was a ton of fun....and we went to Carlos and Charlie's and that was a ton of fun! The best thing we did was an allday catamaran booze cruise. It took us snorkeling, to an island to shop, where you can rent a golf cart to get around, then an island that is just a buffet island. The captain of the boat was so fun, music and dancing on the boat.....loved it! Overall we had a great trip.

• Stayed March 2013
Amherstburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This resort was well worth the Hype!

I visited the FACC in March with my wife and two children (12 & 15)

The only thing that keeps it from a 5 star are the rooms, which are in need of an upgrade and the lengthy wait to get a drink at the lobby bar. There were lots of spring breakers who congregated at the bar making it almost impossible to get a drink without waiting at least 20 minutes! Two bartenders were not enough to keep up, I felt sorry for them.

Now that my two negatives are out of the way, the positives are endless. I'm a beach person and the beach bar service was outstanding, especially my favourite bartender Armando. I was also impressed that Canadian Whiskey was available at the resort and it immediately put a smile on my face. Angel was our favourite waiter on the beach and provided excellent service throughout our stay. Waves were rough throughout our stay but I loved jumping in the ocean with my family. You would have to be very careful with younger children. Lifeguards were very attentive throughout our stay.

Food was excellent for young and old. My kids loved the snack bar and the fish and shrimp tacos, while my wife thoroughly enjoyed the Asian Restaurant. I did not have a favourite but loved having so much great food to choose from everyday. Breakfast was excellent, my favourite was the Kambu, where the omelet station was awesome. I wish I could remember the cooks name, his service was outstanding. Don't be afraid to ask him for bacon. My kids enjoyed the french toast as well.

My kids used the room service almost every night as they loved the club sandwich's. Service always included a smile.

Rooms were kept spotless and that is all you can ask for, since the majority of your vacation should be spent enjoying the resort and activities. We stayed in the Sun Tower and had an excellent ocean and lagoon view.

I would return in the future to this great resort and would highly recommend for those looking for great food, service and relaxation.

Room Tip: Sun Tower was an excellent location
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for such a generous review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our restaurants and especially with our service. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. There is always a room for improvement and your suggestions are very much appreciated.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

John Kirwan

Been to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!