“Great All-Inclusive in Cancun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive

You added Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Km 16.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great All-Inclusive in Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was our first time at The Fiesta Americana Condesa and we were truly pleased. Everyone was very friendly, food was good as were the drinks. The New Years Eve Party was amazing. The rooms were clean, however the bathrooms were a little dated and showers were small. Mini bar was always reloaded. The elevators are old and noisy, so request a room away from the elevator. I would defiantly recommend this resort and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,170)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Bedford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We are owners at the Royal Resorts and have been coming to Cancun for 9 years every April. This year we decided to return to Cancun for a second time in 2012. We decided to try AI at the Condesa. The porperty was very clean and the grounds were perfectly cared for. The pool and beach we equally nice. Although we love the Royal Resorts this place is certainly worth returning to. BE ADVISED a shirt with a collar is required to dine in their Italian / somewhat upscale location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Northeast PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The following comments are taken directly from the review I previously published on tripadvisor in September 2006.

QUOTE: “This was our 5th stay at the Condesa, having been there in 1997, 1999, 2001, and 2004. My review would say exactly the same thing had I written it 4 times before.
I am so glad the Condesa hasn't changed. It is breathtakingly beautiful, the service is outstanding, and the meals are fabulous. The staff is courteous and friendly, going out of their way to make your stay comfortable as well as memorable. We were amazed and felt so special when we were greeted with smiles of recognition and handshakes from several of the waiters and management staff.”

Sadly, in my opinion, the Fiesta Americana Condesa has changed.

PROS: While most of the familiar faces are gone, we were happy when we saw the dining room manager. He was one of several people who always made us feel at home. He recognized us immediately and said how glad he was to see us again. The staff is still friendly and accommodating. The grounds are still lovely and the authentic Mexican architecture is still unsurpassed.

CONS: The furniture in our room was worn out. The guest rooms need updating. The Christmas holiday season is the most expensive time to stay in Cancun and hotel occupancy is at its highest. I was dismayed to see painting and other property maintenance being done on December 26. Previously the hotel offered an all-inclusive upgrade option which eliminated “pay as you go” but the meals were outstanding. Now that the hotel is strictly an all-inclusive resort the quality of the food has suffered. The hotel no longer provides the dining experience we were accustomed to. At check-in our bracelets were changed to a white VIP band that didn't entitle us to anything more than the other wrist bands. Previously when we upgraded to all-inclusive, a wrist band was not required but we did received VIP dining and accommodations.

With the change to a strictly all-inclusive resort, the hotel has become more family affordable and family friendly. It is no longer a resort for the seasoned traveler who appreciates fine dining and impeccable accommodations. The Condesa always exceeded our expectations on prior visits. Unfortunately, this time around, we were disappointed. I must point out, however, Freddie, the Food Service Manager, made several attempts to persuade us not to leave. He spoke to us personally to inquire what he could do to make our stay enjoyable. He went so far as to send complimentary items to our room. All we wanted was the Fiesta Americana Condesa we used to know and love. Unfortunately, the hotel has change and he was powerless to provide the amenities that brought us back. I want to thank Freddie for graciously allowing us to leave without penalty so we could pursue other accommodations for the remainder of our stay in Cancun.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JohnKirwan, Director General at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay and your loyalty to our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests needs and exceed their expectations during every visit. Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun during the last 2 years has been going through various refurbishments as well as a continuous improvement of the customer service to provide the best experience to our guests.

Should you consider Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun for your vacations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me for any pre-arrival arrangements, we all will be very honored to have an opportunity to welcome you back and present to you the significant improvements made over these years.

John Kirwan
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I got married at this resort a year ago! My family came back this year for another Christmas Vacation and my mother and I are going back in May. The resort is wonderful, clean, and absolutely beautiful. The staff is amazing so nice, helpful, and just friendly! Carolina and all the people at the front desk were so nice to my family and I. Oliver, Francisco, Jose, Mauricio, Felipe, Marco, and the supervising manager made our trip so unforgettable, I cant wait to go back! Oliver makes the best drinks ever!! Salvador at the spanish restaurant was so sweet we requested that he be our waiter every night, he made specialty drinks for us and was very knowledgeable about all the dishes. The food in all the restauraunts was great the service is spectacular, my family and I will be coming back here for a long time

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I have stayed at many all-inclsive hotels and I must say that this is the best one so far. I was most impressed with the waiters, they treated my family and I as if we were royalty. The Christmas dinner & show was very nice. I liked everything about this hotel. I will definately be coming back next year.

Room Tip: building 5 has the best veiws
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a terrific hotel for families. The beach is huge and clean. The pools are massive and there are plenty of deck chairs. The food is surprisingly good, especially the Italian restaurant. The service is impeccable. I've never seen so many people who who are so helpful.

There are a few drawbacks. The oceanfront rooms are subject to the unnecessarily loud noises coming from the pool area from the dj's and the "game-master" during the afternoon, making naps a little difficult. Minor annoyances are the gift shop that only takes cash or credit cards, not allowing room charges, and the charge of 10 pesos for each printed page in the business/computer room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for such a generous review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our restaurants and especially with our service. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. There is always a room for improvement and your suggestions are very much appreciated.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards,
John Kirwan
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As you can see by my four star rating, my family had a good time at the Fiesta Americana Condesa. The beach and pools are beautiful. The food and drink generally good. And the staff unbelievably friendly and helpful. I have some quibbles, and really they should be taken as quibbles because overall, I do recommend this hotel. But what is a quibble for me might be a deal breaker for someone else, so here goes...

The rooms in the Sea Tower (where we stayed) are small, and simple. The beds are VERY hard, and frankly I woke up pretty stiff. My fourteen year old son had no complaints. There is only Spanish language TV service in the rooms, and no VOD.

Evenings are pretty mellow. There is tapas and drinks at the bar, and sometimes a little live music, but that is it. The teen club is pretty modest, and there were no organized activities. My teenagers were a little bored.

The food is very good. Lots of variety, and generally high quality. At the sit down restaurants the meat and fish tended to be cooked well done. I like my meat and fish medium rare, but it was not to be.

The hotel is pretty open (not air conditioned) and occasionally the tile floors can be very slippery from rain water. This is a concern for older guests.

Overall we had a great time, and I am sure you will too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!