“Excellent Family Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive

You added Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan Km 16.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Herndon, Virginia
“Excellent Family Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My extended family (14 people) stayed for six days over the Thanksgiving Break. We were comprised of three families in total, with 8 kids ranging from ages 10-16), and had decided on the Condesa based mostly on the excellent Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. We booked our vacation through Expedia.

Our airport to hotel transfer was by Best Day, which had its people immediate outside the
Terminal. Do not stop by the little Best Day booth inside the terminal, as they will only direct you to porters who will carry your bag for 30 yards to the Best Day rep standing outside, and then demand a tip. The Best Day reps will be in uniform, and will have clipboards - very easy to spot.
As we were a large party, Best Day call for a large shuttle that could accommodate all of us. 14 people is the largest amount any of their vehicles can accommodate.

We chose this hotel based on it being affordable to all three families. As such, it would be unfair to compare it to some of the luxury resorts. However, amongst its peers at this price point, it surely is at the top.

We arrived at the hotel at noon, and 4 of the five rooms were ready. We had reserved deluxe ocean suite. At the checkin, the clerk tried to upsell us to a better oceanfront room. I found this offputting, and told them so. Our rooms, while considered oceanfront, were indeed not, as the entire pool complex was between us and the ocean. To get to true oceanfront was going to cost another $150 per night. Wasn't going to happen.

I had contacted the hotel two months before to arrange to have all the rooms next to each other, since the plan (for two of the families) was to have the older kids bunk together so that the adults could have their own room. I was told to contact the hotel one week prior, and sent off an email. After not hearing back within a couple of days, I called directly and spoke to the very nice, and extremely courteous, guest services manager. He said that as a matter of policy, he could not promise that our request would be accommodated, but noted he would try his best. Indeed, we were delighted to find all of our rooms were next to each other on the six floor, with splendid views of the ocean. Was it oceanfront? Nope. For our purposes, it was fine. If it were just my wife and I, it would have been disappointing to be that far away, and I would have arranged to change rooms.

There were nice personalized welcoming touches for all of us. The rooms are moderately sized and furnished, with a rather firm mattress that some would find uncomfortable. It was fine for us. Many of the rooms had a small balcony with chairs (ours did not, but our kids room did). You may want to inquire upon check-in if that is your thing. As we enjoy reading on the balcony late afternoons or evenings, that mattered to us, but we simply used the boys' balcony.

The restaurants do not take reservations. However, I found that, without exception, we were able to arrange for a reservation at every restaurant by simply me going there early afternoon and making the request. After getting the RSVP, I always gave the hostess a tip. It wasn't asked for, but was always accepted with thanks. I found the restaurants to be above average, with the Asian restaurant outstanding. They have been previously reviewed, so no need to duplicate here. Service was amazing. Waiters were attendant, and, most importantly, friendly and ever-smiling. We felt welcome. I can't say enough about how wonderfully the entire staff treated us, and this was the most significant factor in my hotel rating.

Our routine was to spend the mornings by the pool, and the afternoon on the beach. There were drink waiters at both places who were efficient in getting my wife her frozen concoctions. Our policy is to tip a dollar for every time we were brought drinks. I don't think non tippers were treated any differently, at least that I could see. Always make sure you ask for their top shelf liquor, otherwise you will get rail. There is certainly a difference in taste, but there is, more importantly, a difference in sugar content and the next day impact. One negative here - the beach chairs are exceedingly uncomfortable, and there is no pad on them. There are pads on the pool chairs. More enterprising people tried to bring pool chairs down to the beach, and those that weren't stopped were better off...

The room, the hotel, the grounds and the beach were spotless. In fact, walking on the beach past other resorts we saw trash, litter and seaweed in abundance. Amazing how the Condesa pulls this off.

The kids had a wonderful time. The activities folks soon knew them by name, and would come look for them for beach and pool volleyball, water polo, etc. The men in our group joined them on the beach every day for hours of volleyball The "teen club" was a room that had an Xbox, a tv room and a ping pong table. Our kids spent little time there. There were not many other kids in the same age group as ours, which, had we been a smaller group, likely would have been disappointing to my own kids.

We did one excursion - snorkeling. We were able to negotiate a nice discount from the vendor next to the pool, and took the option to leave from the dock across the street from the hotel. We were brought to a reef about 30 minutes by boat. We've snorkeled at much nice reefs than the one to which we were brought, but we still had fun. The kids were permitted to each take a turn driving the boat, and got to jump off the top deck after snorkeling. It's the little things that make the best memories.

One morning a masseuse came by my chair and offered a sample massage. Sold!! So I spent $95 for a Swedish massage that evening. A very relaxing and professional massage, and worth every dollar to get my old bones back on the volleyball court the next day.

One significant negative. One of our party left a beach bag on a couch in the lobby tv lounge after watching football. When she went back to retrieve it, the bag (and her camera and video camera therein) were gone. The hotel management was responsive, but said neither of the two video surveillance cameras caught the theft. They said they would have the maids staff look for the stolen property, as they were literally in every room in the resort, but the bag was never recovered. To be fair, there is a daily newsletter of daily resort updates and events that always warns against leaving valuables behind. Impossible to know whether it was an employee or guest who took it. Just a bummer.

One anecdote. On the first day of beach volleyballI, one of the activities folks (Margarita) walked up to a gentlemen who had just arrived and greeted him with a hug and a teasing "hope your volleyball game has improved." turns out he was a returning guest from a year earlier, and she had recognized him and greeted him like an old friend. This sort of attitude is what distinguishes Condesa from its peers. I would, without hesitation, take my family back to this resort and likely will (although If I wanted a higher end, romantic resort with my spouse, I would go elsewhere, but that is an apple to oranges sort of comparison).

A wonderful trip, and our thanks to the resort and its staff for making it so.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,089)
  • Polish first
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have just returned from a week in Cancun. Hotel was fantastic. I travelled on my own so was really pleased the hotel had an entertainment team to keep me occupied during the day. Carrie-Anne and Gemma were both brilliant throughout the whole week. I would also like to mention Juan-Jose Hernandez who personally greeted me every morning at breakfast, making the start of each day always up beat and positive.

Room Tip: i was in the sun tower which didnt face the sea but was easily in view of the beach and ocean, also...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
limerick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

1st trip to cancun, picked the Fiesta Americana Condessa after reading TripAdviser reviews, We arrived on Nov 26, approximately 6pm, and were greeted at reception with a glass of champagne, checked in immediately, and asked for a room upgrade (tripadviser reccommendation), Certainly Sir! We have a beautiful Room, Full Sea View, overlooking swimming pool, and for a great price of $20 a night-$140 for the week. I looked at him and said- I don't think so- A great price would be $70. All of course with a smile. We can do that was the relpy. Got the Key and got directions to the room, 6th Floor, No 672. Room was basic, bed not so great, lumpy, hard, Bathroom again basic, not enough room to swing a cat, but clean, water pressure was good, and then we opened the door onto the balcony, Absolutely gorgeous view, well worth the extra few dollars, the view made up for the basic room and bathroom, at the end of the day the hotel seems to be quiet dated, but very clean, hotel staff from checkin to the bars, restaurants, entertainment, pool service and cleaners were so friendly and efficient, food was very good, i'd reccommend the italian restaurant, we ate there most nights, could not fault it, although it does not open 2 nights a week, Mexican restaurant was quiet good, the Tapas Bar served some good food, And the Buffet restaurant was always great for breakfast and lunch, and again all the staff seemed so happy. They couldn't do enough for us. Pool Bar was a great place to hang out and meet people, chat with the entertainment staff, organise your nightlife, they usually organise a trip to a nightclub, they provide the transport to the club, you organise your return, not as hard as you'd thing, buses run every 5-10 minutes 24 hours a day outside the clubs, and for approx 50 cent (US) cant beat it. The clubs on the other hand are $50-$75 entrance but this also includes all you can drink, main clubs are Palazzo, Coco Bongo, and Senor Frogs. All have something different, but all are a great night out. If you are American do not change you dollars to Pesos in the US, we tried to change dollars to Pesos at a bank in orlando, luckily because I did not have a bank account there they refused, I asked for the exchange rate and was told 7.1 per dollar. We saw currency exchange at both Florida Mall and Mall of Millenia, also quoting 7.1 peso per dollar, we decided to wait until we arrived in Cancun, The Hotel allow guests to convert up to $300 a day into pesos, at a rate of - wait for it 12.2 per dollar,official bank rate is 12.5 pesos per dollar. I've seen stories on tripadviser telling people they are not allowed change dollars into pesos in mexico, and dollars cannot be used in cancun, all not true, everybody from what we saw accepted dollars, you might not get dollars in change, but they will accept $$$. Would I go back, of course I would, we had a great time, met some very nice people who we now call friends, thats what holidays are about.

Room Tip: Look for an upgrade, and don't accept the first price they give you. Look for a sea view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

An amazing Hotel in a great location.From the moment we walked in the door you were made to feel at ease and taken care of.The service was impeccable from check in to check out.The entertainment staff made a special effort to introduce themselves to all guests and once they did , your name was remembered ( a lovely touch).The food was readily available and the variety was outstanding , there was no-ones taste that couldnt be met!The surroundings include the gorgeous scenic beach (ideal for sunbathing & romantic strolls) ,Swimming pools (of which there were 3 large and few smaller ones) were kept to such a high standard it was hard to belief hundreds of guests past through them each day!Finally to mention the rooms , the room we stayed in was a suite with a balcony, large very comfortable bed & gorgeous view!I would reccomend this hotel highly , the hardest part is you will not want to leave!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for such a positive review, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was my 4th trip to Cancun, and by far the best experience. The service is incredible, from the servers in the restaurants Manuel and Filipe to name a couple, to the amazing service at the pool! Claudio was the best! The food in all the restaurants was incredible, from the watermelon salad in the Mexican Restaurant, to the freshest sushi in the Oriental Restaurant, to the restaurants by the pool. I can't say enough about the entertainment staff. David, Cara, Gerry, Daniel, Oscar, and company! They make it a point of making sure everyone is involved. They remember who you are from day one, and make sure everyone is having a good time. I can't say enough about this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an oceanfront balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments about our staff and our services. It's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. I am happy to learn from this review that you were pleased with our restaurants and especially that our staff made a difference providing excellent service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Cancun.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We booked Fiesta Americana Condesa and stayed from Dec. 1st through Dec. 5th for our anniversary . This was not our first trip to Cancun so we wanted to stay at a resort that we haven't stayed at. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted with homemade lemonade and mango juice. The resort was pretty impressive and well maintained. Check in didn't take long at all but our room was not ready for another hour and a half. We paid additional fees when booked with our travel agent to guarantee a walk out balcony and we got an ocean front room with a large terrace. All the balconies at the resort are different, the height was strangely low and I would've been deathly afraid for small children . The food was ok, best fajitas @ the restaurant by the beach . Other resorts had better variety I thought . Nightly entertainment was interesting . Excellent service! Beach location and room views AMAZING! I would recommend this resort and would like to return ....

• Stayed December 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is the best hotel on the Cancun. If you want a vacation minus the rowdy 20 somethings, this is the place to be. Service is second to none. They used to be a private al a carte till earlier this year so they no how to serve and cater to their guest. Many of the guest have been there for 10+ years. I had my wedding down there and brought along 40 guest, and not one complaint from anyone. The food is top notch and the beach is beautiful. We've been to many hotels on the strip scouting out a location for our wedding but nothing compared. I won't be staying anywhere else on my next visit. Liz my wedding planner was any absolute gem and I now consider her and a few other staff a part of my family. The spa was also amazing, the facilities are so well done, I went the morning of the wedding and it kept me on cloud nine till I walked down the aisle.

Room Tip: The junior suite was the perfect space for us, two bathrooms beautiful view and nightly turned down...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your review with every reader of TripAdvisor. It was a great pleasure to host your recent Wedding/Vacation and we are delighted to know that you had such a great and memorable time staying with us and enjoyed everything, from the food, the beach and especially the service.

We really appreciate your generous recommendations of our service and looking forward to welcome you back.

John Kirwan

Been to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive? Share your experiences!