“Wonderful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambiance Suites

You added Ambiance Suites to your Saves list
Ambiance Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Tulum No 227 | Supermanzana 20 Centro, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #51 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Anchorage, Alaska
“Wonderful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is a nice boutique property. Very well maintained interior with nice decor and modern rooms. Property has a small restraunt with a designer setting. I recommend the Mango Civiche. I stayed for nearly two weeks. I booked two rooms one for me and another for a friend. I would say the property is the equivalent of a Hilton Garden Inn. The amenities for what you get at Ambiance Suites are amazing. There also was also a fridge in the room which was ample to store a few bottles of water. The hotel is a 4 minute walk to shopping at Plaza Las Americana’s Mall which has hundreds of different stores, restaurants, and even a movie theatre. Which plays movies in English too. Some in spanish. The prices in "Centro" are so much more affordable. If you are flying solo an have $50.00 USD a day trust me you will get far in Centro! If you want to get ripped off go to the Hotel Zone. $50.00 gets you an appetizer and mabe a few drinks. It’s like night and day. I can’t believe it. If you have questions on what to do send me a message. I'll def be back~

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for 9 nights and can highly recommend this hotel! Great wifi, when it fritzed one night, the management had an engineer out to fix it early the next morning. The place is spotless with a business center, fitness room, pool in an enclosed courtyard which offered a lot of protection from the sun, very accommodating staff, and a restaurant. Another guest enjoyed the restaurant meals, but my only meal there was a bit disappointing. Fortunately with Plaza Las Americas 5 minutes away, there are endless possibilities for varied dining options, so the restaurant wasn't an issue for me.

It's important for new guests to understand that the exterior of the building which is a bit spartan and seems quite small, is not indicative of the interior which is contemporary with lots of glass in the lobby area and throughout the common areas, with spacious rooms and a really nice looking bathroom with high end fixtures and lots of hot water.

This hotel seems to me to be of the same quality as a well-maintained 3-star US hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the courtyard. There's an elevator so any floor will do. This is a n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for just one night, our travel package was for Play de Carmen but we booked our flight a day early due to airline options.
When researching hotels in Cancun, my goal was to stay in an inexpensive hotel in Cancun Central, and of course I depended on TripAdvisor for reviews. The hotel is a little out of the way and not very big, but very pleasant. It is about 15 blocks from the main bus station (ADO), and about 10-13 blocks from where the restaurants & mercados are.
The staff was great (they watched our luggage for a few hours after we checked out). The room was very spacious (we stayed in a junior suite) and clean. The room had AC/HD TV/ refrigerator/coffee maker/complimentary bottled water/safe/free WIFi. No complaints at all, it was a great value and served its purpose well. We took a taxi to a few places and the taxi charge was only about $2 (USD) wherever we went. We also had breakfast in the adjoining café and we were pleased with the food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I hadn't realized exactly where this hotel is located till I found it. It is very convenient to buses and whatever you need, shopping, restaurants, Centro, all a short walk.
Nice clean friendly modern and inexpensive. I only stayed 1 night before flying out but was pleasantly surprised.
The pool is small and needed some attention but no one was using it anyway. The bed is the most comfortable I have found in Mexico. Very friendly staff, very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan del Sur, Rivas, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you want a place: comfortable, with good service and nice people, please choose AMBIANCE SUITES HOTEL, i will always stay here and my family also. They Service was the best, cosy and worm atmosphere. My family was Happy and we will always go there. Thanks for all your attentions to all the staff!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed at the Ambiance for 6 nights. The staff was helpful and attentive, the room was clean, the bed very comfortable and the food was marvelous! We felt as if we were in a 5 star hotel but with very economical prices. We have told all our friends and we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

After leaving hotel zone in cancum I moved to Ambiance Suites for 6 more nights, what a great experience, the hotel is quiet, much better than the resort where I was, the staff were very friendly and helpfull, the breakfest is not so ok, they should offer a little more, like fruits and breads. Very well located we cold walk to Plaza Americas, Sam´s Club and Wall Mart. The bus stop in front door.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ambiance Suites? Share your experiences!