“Advanced Open Water, great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 205 activities in Cancun
Type: Tours, Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Manta Divers is a PADI dive center located in the heart of the hotel zone of Cancun. Manta Divers offers complete courses from beginner to dive master.
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Advanced Open Water, great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just finished my advanced open water with them last week (13 Feb, 2013). I felt like I got really good training and instruction. My instructor, Mary was terrific, very attentive and fun to dive with. The owner was relatively quick to respond to my emails in advance before the trip, within 1-2 days. They were not super busy this time of year, so I was not required to make deposit or book in advance. If you go during the slower seasons you can just go down and talk to them early in your vacation week and plan your dive schedule with them. Not sure how it is when they're real busy. First day out we did three dives, only five of us went out for morning "wreck dive", awesome experience. Few more divers in the afternoon. Think I like a slightly larger boat in rough water, but this wasn't a major deal. The facility was nice with lots of room to wait around and a pool if you want to jump in and cool off. There's a great taco stand next door also, for in between dives. Overall I was very satisfied.

Thanks Mimi and Mary, I had a great time!!

Visited February 2013

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
“Dive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We visited Cancun in October 2012 and dove with Manta Divers. We had a small group experience and my wife received her advanced open water certification. The staff took care of all our needs and were very attentive. Even fresh cerviche was provided in between dives. Photos and the certification were delivered to our resort. We will be back to Cancun in the future and will definitely book our dive trips with Manta Divers.

Visited October 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“...very friendly and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I got there because of the review here in tripadvisor. The first important thing for me was that they spoke English. So I could explain my needs and they were friendly and recommended a suitable dive. The equipment was good and they helped where they could. Unfortunately there were really bad weather and high waves...we went out and tried but I felt very unsafe. So I ask for a compensation and got all my money back. That’s absolutely a rare reaction and I really thankful as it has been already very sad not being able to dive.
I can recommend this place as the whole team is friendly and will help you very well.

Visited January 2013
San Antonio, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Once Again, GREAT Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is our second year in a row diving in Cancun. WE chose Manta Divers again to take us diving and the experience was magnificent. We only had time to spend two full days in cancun and booked two two tank dives each day. The weather was not great but we visited 4 great dive sites. I recommend this dive center to all that want personal treatment and people that actually care about you and your safety. Our dive Master both days was Marin and he is great, funny, and makes sure you get the best underwatter experience. Mimi, agan, thanks for a great vacation.

Visited January 2013
Detroit
“Poor customer service, and they stole our money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I went diving with them in December. We rented a camera to take photos and paid a $50 deposit. We never got the photos, never got a refund, and only get the runaround when we call them to discuss it. It is so disappointing. To top it off, during our trip, they cancelled one of my boyfriend's dives and took him on a poor shallow dive in exchange. Save your money and stay away.

Visited December 2012
MantaDivers, Owner at Manta Divers, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Sorry about your experience with the photos. We have a
third party who not associated with Manta Divers handles
our photos and videos. As with all of our photos/videos they are dropped off
at the phone desk of the hotel (as yours were) and the concierge
puts them somewhere and when they change shifts the next person
cannot find them. Your photos were left with the front desk.

You and I have exchanged many email where the photographer did
send the photos to you five times to your yahoo account. (Check your spam folder)
As for the diving you failed to mention that you took the Beginner course
in which you panicked and got sea sick so I offered you another trip for free
to try and dive again. You and your boyfriend took the trip together and in
which you took with your boyfriend. Unfortunate you had to go
shallow being a beginner which is why your boyfriend went shallow with you.