“Thank you for romantic evening!” 4 of 5 stars

Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 17, Cancun 77500, Mexico
998 881 8000
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
rochester, ny
“Thank you for romantic evening!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

My wife and I had dinner here to celebrate our anniversary. I normally don't mentiona anything but upon check-in they asked if our trip was for anything special and my wife chimed in. They suggested a romantic seaside dinner at Matachi. I had already planned to have dinner there, as it was our first evening and Cancun and after a day of traveling did not desire to venture out. This is my 4th time to Cancun and second vacation at the Hilton. We returned here not just because of all of the beauty and quiet atmosphere, but also because of the service. Once again, I m not being disappointed. Olga Medina, the Director of Guest Experience came out and introduced herself and made the arrangements. At the end of my stay I will say more about the hotel service in a Hilton review. Olga had a corner table with white linens set up for us. The restaurant itself is minimaalistic in decor, somewhat typical of many Mexico establishments. The setting was the Carribean, which speaks for itself. There is a quaint service bar and tables are adorned with flame lit lamps. Our server, Raul, new the occassion and congratulated us. Throughout dinner, service was attentive but not obtrusive. I had the ceviche appetizer, which was excellent, with shrimp and scallops. I love ceviche and this was likely the best I have ever had. For dinner my wife had salmon and I had grouper encrusted in nuts. Both were delicious. We were surprised with a complimentary desert with a heart shaped choclate mousse with fresh berries. I do not drink alcohol but had numerous bottles of pelligrino and my wife had two glasses of an acceptable chardonney. Our bill was just under $100 excluding tip, which I would expect to pay at a medium to upscale restaurant with limited alchohol consumption. Thank you Olga and Raul for a wonderful 1st evening in Cancun.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bogota, Colombia
“Christmas Eve could not have been better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

Mexican people are nice, but the waiter here was toooo nice, the suggestions he made where not only "unexpensive" but also full of taste, great desserts and you cannot ask for a better athmosphere, caribbean music dinning some meters away from where the waves break, excelente!!

Cancun, Mexico
“One of the best meals we had in Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

My husband arranged a dinner on the beach for our anniversary. Our waiter painted pink hearts in the sand around our table and we dined by candlelight. We shared the seafood platter for two and it was delicious! Some of the best crab I have ever had. The platter ran around 40$ and was more than enough for two. Sea bass, lobster, shrimp, crab legs, and two sides...very reasonable! They brought us a free chocolate mousse in honor of our anniversary which was good also...a must dine in Cancun!

Conway, Arkansas
“Nice dinner. Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton during Thanksgiving break. We ate at Mitachi one night while on vacation and had a nice dinner. The atmosphere was nice and the food was really good. Our only issue was we were seated but no one came to our table until we asked who our server was after 15 minutes. We referred to ourselves as the "forgotten table" because it seemed no one quite knew who was supposed to be serving our table throughout the night. The staff was always apologetic and we were taken care of when asked.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Novi, Michigan
“Amazing gift for our anniversary!! Thanks, ARTURO, the waiter.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed at Hilton Cancun and went to the reastaurant for dinner for our 9th anniversary of marriage. We were with one-year old baby and they really took care of it. Grilled Mahi-Mahi and Salmon were nice. At the end of our dinner, we got amazing gift from the restaurant. We talked with a waiter and it was our 9th anniversary of our marriage. They served complimentary chocolate cake at the end of dinner. We are surprised at their heart-warming service. Of course, the cake was really nice. If you are planing to visit Cancun, I absolutely recommend going to Mitachi.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere