“Creative drinks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sasi Thai

Sasi Thai
Blvd. Kukulcan, Retorno Chac, Lote 41, Hotel Zone | Marriott CasaMagna Cancun, Cancun 77500, Mexico
+52 998 881 2000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sasi Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 596 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Sasi Thai offers a modern culinary concept, based on dishes of the delicious Thai cuisine, presented in an exclusive and innovative ambiance, Enjoy one of the best views in Cancun while you are delighted by our exotic drinks. The special dishes on our menu will make your supper an unforgettable experience. Special Kid menu available .
“Creative drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

beautiful restaurant at the Marriott Casa Magna. We had lobster fry rice, some appetisers ,leche martini (delicious) and rasberry mojito . pricy like everywhere around here but very good.

Visited December 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Christmas meal with a difference!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Well, we were at CasaMagna for three nights over Christmas and chose the on site Thai for our Christmas Eve dinner. When we arrived for our 1930 reservation we were asked to take a seat in reception. We asked to sit at the bar for a pre dinner drink but were totally ignored by the bar staff for 10 minutes. So ....... We went back to take the seat in reception after all!!! When we were sat at our table it was at least 10 minutes before we were approached and I was aware of people remonstrating with staff about poor service. I have to agree with the comments of another reviewer - I am convinced that our raspberry mojito's lacked alcohol. Also that Christina was the highlight of the waiting staff. The food was OK and not bad value for money. The PadThai was too spicy. All the food came together which rather puzzled us as they are specifically titled 'appetisers' 'entrees' etc.... on the menu. I wouldn't go back on a hurry. It seems disorganised and tending towards lack of care and attention.

Avon
“If You Want Thai in Cancun....It's Got to be Sasi Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hi,

I had dinner last night at Sasi Thai at the Cancun Marriott (Casa Magna) and have to say it was outstanding. I had the pleasure of meeting the Executive Chief (Dominic) and he recommended a special cocktail and appetizer (Thai Cucumber Salad) that was one of the best I have had. It was outstanding! Additionally, my hostess (Christine) was efficient, friendly and attractive making the whole dining experience even better. I had the Beef in Red Curry Sauce for an entree and I left none behind even though I was quite full.

So in summary the food was excellent, the Executive Chef was extremely friendly and helpful and the hostess was one of the best I've seen. Don't miss out on a great dining experience in Cancun...Have something a little Sasi!

Regards,
Armand D. Perera

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Poor & slow service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

A 3 course meal took just under 4 hours!!

The food was distinctly average and the English descriptions sometimes did not quite reflect the food we got. Cocktails (mojito & lychee martini) lacked alcohol.

It was expensive and portion sizes not very big. However the curry and noodles dishes looked bigger than the entrees we ordered (duck pancakes and coconut sea bass). I had to wait for 20 minutes for the mango chutney which was supposed to go with my fish. I had to ask 4 different people for it, one actually replied " I don't know anything about that. I don't work here, I usually work at the pool". Unbelievable!

Our desserts were the worst part of the meal. We were told it would be a 25 minute wait for the soufflé, it took 35 minutes and arrived as flat as a pancake. The chocolate and tamarind cream was recommended by our waitress and tasted awful. Dry chocolate cake and tamarind cream in between wonton chips.

I would not return or recommend. Better food across the street at Fred's.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Food - Service was slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went for an early dinner and were the only ones in the restaurant at 6pm. The service was very slow. They were not great at translating to English which caused some problems with our order.

The ingredients were very fresh and the dishes prepared perfect! Very happy with meal did not rate excellent due to the service. Overall we would go back because of the food quality.

• Visited November 2012