“Another option in Downtown Cancun” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #99 of 624 Restaurants in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
“Another option in Downtown Cancun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

For dinner that is, if you go for lunch like we did, and it was saturday, you'll have the restaurant to yourself and food will come out timely and delicious, but the overall experience is not great.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Back for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had been here in 2009 and really liked it. We were so happy to see that it was still up and running. The place is run by Italians who know how to prepare a meal! Great view right on the water if you choose to eat outside. Plus they have gelato!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cancun, Mexico
“I won't go any where else for Italian food in Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

There is nothing to dislike about Dolcemente, both of their locations downtown and in the hotel zone are amazing. The food, the staff everything.. makes me miss Italy. :)

Visited April 2013
near Portland, Oregon
“Just average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First of all, I have to admit that Italian restaurants are not my favorite and rarely a first choice when I am going out to dinner so I have a bias. We've been to Dolcement because we have friends who like it and because it is within walking distance of our resort.

Dolcemente Pompei is right on the beach. A guitarist plays music, which adds to the atmosphere. The wait staff dresses in costumes that are definitely showing wear and tear.

When we've been there the food has been good, but nothing special. Some dishes were too salty and others were not seasoned enough.

The last time we were there I found several mistakes on our bill when it came. The manager was glad to make the corrections.

Bottom line: If my friends didn't like it, I wouldn't go back. Dolcement isn't on my 'must go there' list in Cancun.

Visited February 2013
Westchester, NY
“Next to Casa Maya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great dinner, lovely view of Ocean with cool breeze. Even had bottle wine that was great. Wanted to have lunch during week - but was closed

Visited March 2013