“Beautiful course terrible staff!!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 263 Activities in Cancun
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
“Beautiful course terrible staff!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I brought my son here twice and on both occasions I really enjoyed the golf but unfortunately can't say the same about the staff.

I spent close to 1000 dollars for both trips to this golf course, although on both occasions, we were treated disgustingly with total ignorance and disrespect.

The second time being on this beaututiful course had definitely been the cutting edge in terms of the staffs disobediance towards us.

The course usually has a staff caddy which supplies drinks and snacks for golfers every couple of holes, and to our total dissatisfaction we unfortunately had to come back to the reception after the 14th hole to get water as the staff caddy was virtually nowhere to be seen after the 4th hole.

On the 4th hole we also ordered food and had only received a substandard sandwich, in which the staff member forgot to bring another sandwich that we ordered. The female staff member unabruptly wasn't sorrowful of her mistake and to take it to a next level, had not brought us the sandwich during the whole 18 holes.

On the 18th hole as we were finishing our game, we where approached by a staff member with the nametag 'javiour', who was totally and utterly unaware of any such customer service and started shouting at us both and ranting on about a situation which was totally irrelevant to our game of golf, giving threats of fining us both of $50 dollars. As we kindly asked why, we were given abslolutly no explanation whatsoever, which to be totally honest is completely disgraceful seeing we have paid a horrendous amount of money to play golf in this course in the past week.

He seemed to being making derogatory terms in Spanish towards us which my son had picked up with his limited knowledge in the language. He basically steped all over us checking the golf clubs that we had hired out and was giving us disgusted faces as if we had broke every club that we had, which we found quite comical at the time as we had the feeling that this staff member doesn't didn't like us.

I am a regular golfer and have played golf all around cancun over the years and I can honestly say that I have never experienced such ignorant and disobedient staff on a golf course in my life, not no mention back home in Ireland!! ..... I will not be back and I will be advising all my golfing friends of the kind of welcome and abuse they will get when they visit this golf course.

Visited July 2013

Los Angeles
17 attraction reviews
“Nice challenging golf course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a nice golf course located next to Wet N Wild. Although it is near the water and if you lose a ball on one hole and look for it past one of the greens, you will find yourself on the beach, there are no actual views of the ocean from the golf course.

Visited July 2013
“Tough, but beautiful.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We played one round at Riviera Cancun this past week. The fairways were like carpets. It is a tough course. Many holes had water hazards off the tee which -- from the blues or whites -- had a good 200 yard carry over the water. You better be good at striking the ball, or else bring extra. For the price, I was hoping a few holes had ocean views. Otherwise, a beautiful challenging course.

Visited June 2013
Palm Springs, California
6 attraction reviews
“Tough course.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This course, while no longer managed by the Palace properties is included in your choice of golf and is certainly worth the 10 minute commute from the Moon property but be sure to bring extra balls!

Visited May 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“2 out of 10”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

First they would not honor a FREE club rental from Le Blanc, second they did not offer me any practice balls but they did to another couple. The greens were maybe a 5 out of 10 (thin is a lot of places, the fairways were very thin also. Not much grass to hit off. The beverage service on this day I went was the worst. 80 degrees out, they have 2 carts girls on the course, maybe 10 groups playing on the course and we see the cart girls back to back on hole 4 and don't see anyone until hole 13 with NO water on the course. No excuses, just plain worst service. They make money selling beverages since they are not included, why wouldn't the girls be on the course selling drinks?? I got the feeling they are in financial trouble. They would not change a $100 bill for me. I bought 2 beers from their bartender and he said I'll get you change. He then came back with my change? WTF? Play the Moon if you have a choice. It's in much better shape, drinks are included and coolers on the cart!!

Visited May 2013