“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa

Save Saved
You added The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa to your Saves list
The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 12.5 Blvd Kukulcan | Zona Hotelera, PO Box 834 Apdo., Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
los angeles
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Lately, I have been staying at the Ritz's or the Marriott, but after reading the great reviews, I decided to try the Lagunamar.

All the positive reviews, were spot on. From the time the door man opened my shuttle door with a friendly greeting. Him taking care of my luggage. To the hostess who greeted me as soon as I was in the door, and directed me to check-in.

To the check-in girl who checked me in quite quickly. To the check out girl who was very efficient. Lastly, the door man who took care of my luggage back to the shuttle and everyone inbetween.

I got to the hotel around 17:00 so I didn't have to wait for a room. I heard about people having weak wifi, but in my room #1362 in the new wing, the wifi worked perfectly.

The hotel grounds were always kept up and the pools were amazing.

I didn't eat at the hotel so can't coment on that. Location great, mall across the street with movie theaters and the bus stop in front of the hotel.

I didn't use the kitchen but I used the washer dryer. This makes such a big difference when traveling. Tip, bring your own bounce for the dryer.

The gym was small but I did take advantage of it one day. Hey, I'am on vacation.

All the workers were friendly and all said hello in passing. The only low point of my stay, and it wasn't anything to do with the hotel, but the red flags for the beach were out the whole time I was there. I can understand that but one day I wanted to go into the water, not too deep, just to feel the magical powers of the carribean. Well, about knee deep, I couldn't take it anymore. Not the water which felt great, but the sand. The sand had a bunch of rocks and sea shells. Yes, I know I'am weak but I don't usually walk around barefeet back home. I couldn't take the rough ground. I kept thinking I would cut the bottom of my feet on one of the shells. Fortunately that didn't happen. That was the first and last time I went to the beach at the hotel.

Cancun is not cheap but what you pay for at the Lagunamar to what you get, it is well worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our resort. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoy creating life-long memories for our guests, and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (900)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at the Lagunamar 11/10-11/17. Weather was great. It rained twice for about 5 minutes each time. Stayed in building 2 overlooking the Park Royal and the beach. Stayed in a 2 bedroom which was more than enough room for two adults and two children. On the last review the person said it took them 4 hours to clear customs. Took us about 1 hour, Mexican Customs only had two people working and alot of passengers. Went to Walmart for food. If you dont want to go to Walmart right from the airport take the R2 bus to Walmart and then a taxi home. Bus is about one dollar a person cab was about 15 dollars. Check in was easy and room was ready upon arrival at 3:30 pm. Staff was very helpfull and always greeted you with a hello. My two kids ages, 7 and 6 loved the pool, water slides, beach and hottubs. The activity staff is great always with something to do for everyone. This is a great hotel for families and would recomend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I are frequent travelers who enjoy a variety of vacation settings traveling as a couple and also with our children. We have stayed at many Westin properties and enjoyed the vacation villa at Westin in Cancun very much. We had a 1 bedroom studio that was very clean, comfortable and up to date. The property has an upscale feel and the beach was one of the best ever!! Turquoise blues and greens ocean, clean white sand beach. Our first visit to Cancun exceeded our expectations!! Stayed Nov. 8-11th. The beach, pool, resort and area in general were not crowded, we met very nice couples and families...upscale environment... and local restaurants were all upscale and fabulous. Service at pool and beach was polite but never quick. Subzero mini fridge made ice cubes faster than I have ever seen. We had a couples massage after dusk in a beach hut that was one of the best massages we have ever experienced! Gerardo and Manuel were professional, experienced and very talented. My husband and I both thought these men have a gift!!!

Room Tip: Most room have a nice view of beach and it is a very new, well kept Westin property.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest ,

It makes us so happy to receive these kind of comments, thank you for choosing Westin Lagunamar as your Caribbean Getaway. We would love to host you again in a near future.

Regards
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Recently stayed at this resort for a girlfriends getaway. This is a very nice property, large pools, great views from rooms. Location in the hotel zone is very convenient, with an open air mall across the street with shopping and restaurants. The service especially stands out here. The staff were always pleasant and helpful, and responded quickly to any requests. Would stay here again, and recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much of a super fantastic review !!! We are so happy and pleased to know that you had a great time at our property.

Please come back soon to visit us it was a pleasure serving you.

The Westin Lagnamar Management Team
Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Studio rooms are nice except for double bed instead of kingsize. The service is quite bad though: never got our room done even though we called to complain and they promised it would be done upon our return in the evening. Half an hour to deliver a towel? Half an hour for drinks in pool? Not to mention 50 minutes for average food. The hotel was probably at 50% so I dread to think how bad the service is when it's full! The pool area and beach are nice as well. All in all, well below Westin standards.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. The service you received is certainly not indicative of what we want to provide to each of our valuable guests. We would be delighted to welcome you back so you may experience our true and renewing Westin service. Please contact the Executive Office directly (lagunamaroceanresort@westin.com) for future reservation requests.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We just returned and you will have a wonderful vacation. Tips: (1)Don't fly in on a Saturday afternoon; it took us 4 hours to clear customs. (2) Book transportations to include a stop at Walmart to get supplies. water, breakfast foods,etc. (3) Pick up someting for grill, as you will love throwing on some hotdogs for lunch. We saw several guest buy fsh at the market for evening dinner. (4) room is wonderful!! Pack very light as you can throw clothes in washer/dryer and not have to check luggage.
(5)Bus stop in front of Westin; have correct change; 17 peso for two. Will take you everwhere. (6) Dont be afraid to eat at Restaurants .we did..no problem; dont drink water: ONLY bottle water. (7) Staff is wonderful...my only disappointment was no follow-up on request. Example: We requested a room upgrade and Lucinda and Jesus promised us a call on Monday...never heard from them...on our check-out we asked and she just shrugged...no concerns. (8) We walked accoss the street to mall almost every night for icecream...try Choclate City for dinner...very good (9) Best place to eat is Argentina Steak House..excellent!!! . However, this is a beautiful place to say, clean and well kept up.
Book and enjoy...this was our 40th anniversary and we will return and stay at the The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort. We greatly appreciate your comments. We hope you have found a new "home away from home" and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!!
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We would give this resort a 5 if the food in the restaurants were worth eating. The only place we did a repeat was the grill near the pool. Otherwise, we went in town to eat.
The location is convenient to everything and the staff is welcoming and very helpful. Carlos at the concierges desk helped with arrangements for our tour to the Mayan ruins which we would recommend doing while in Cancun The pools are fabulous and they have lots of activities to keep you occupied or you can do nothing at all but stare at the turquoise ocean and enjoy. The choice is yours, to do or not to do.

• Stayed November 2012
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you very much of a super fantastic review !!! We are so happy and pleased to know that you and your family had a great time at our property. We like to make our restaurants a memorable experience for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our chef and our culinary team make sure everything is made fresh and carefully to provide our guests with a nourishing touch.We will make sure your feedback reaches our Executive Chef to make the improvements needed.

Please come back soon to visit us, it was a pleasure serving you.

The Westin Lagunamar Management Team

Been to The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!