After reading the reviews, We couldn't wait to try this place.
I'll start with the Pros:
* 7-10 min walk from the Ritz Carlton
* nicely decorated
* friendly, but rushed servers
Now the Cons:
* the architecture of the rooms increases the noise level
* Table side made items were exposed to other patrons walking by as we were seated in a high traffic area. I think we had the worse table in the room. Not sure why. There were only 2 of us.
* Guac. was not as good as the Tableside Guac I get at home (at a chain resturant, Cantina Loredo in Columbus Ohio) it was bland. :(
* the tortilla chips were tough, difficult to chew, made my teeth hurt. Very disappointed! I've never been to a Mexican restaurant that had bad tortilla chips!
* We ordered the melted cheese app. It came with 3 small homemade tortillas. We were expecting more of a queso dip. It was just a small pile of cheeses melted on a fajita hot plate. Just OK.
* the margaritas are huge, but didn't knock my socks off.
* my husband had the chicken fajitas. A small, but moist portion of chicken, 3 small tortillas for wrapping, traditional fixings, a pile of neon orange colored rice (think Tang. It was tasteless. Only ate a small bite) and a small side of refried beans.
* I ordered the Lobster and Shrimp enchiladas. They came with the same orange colored rice and beans. I opened up one of the tortilla's to find 3 shrimp, 1 small piece of lobster and a few onions/ peppers. I was disappointed in such a measly filled tortilla. The entree came with 2. The cheese sauce covering the tortillas was bland.
* we ate what we could and left without ordering dessert. We ordered and finished our dinner in 45 minutes. Waited another 15 minutes to get our check. Not exactly a dining experience. Thing fast food, loud environment, great for large groups and families with robust, active children. We don't feel the need to go back.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.