“Unique and Delicious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Locanda Paolo

Locanda Paolo
DownTown Cancun. Bonampak Avenue 145. Corner with Jurel street. Sm 3, Cancun, Mexico
+ 52 998 8872627
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 551 restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Locanda Paolo, Italian Fusion Ristorante. We are a family run restaurant that just celebrated its 23rd Anniversary. Proud to be a Downtown Restaurant.. we provide service to both locals and turists. The experience of visiting Locanda Paolo is never the same. Owners are on site and greet, serve, recommend and cook for you. We are a small and discreet restaurant. We like keeping it like that!! Let Paolo and his nephew Albert help you personalize your own meal. "Food for the soul made with the Heart"
Cancun, Mexico
“Unique and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent a nice evening in this quaint little Italian place. The owner and chef grew up in Italy and the quality of the food shows it. It is decently affordable, $25-$40 person and the atmosphere was very nice. I would recommend this place for couples and not so much for families.

• Visited February 2013

95% Recommend
Georgetown, Guyana
“Great Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our son's Christening at Paolo's. The service and food were amazing. We were allowed to chose a menu and we were not disappointed. I highly recommend this restaurant who is in the mood for authentic italian cuisine.

• Visited May 2013
“Le chef parfait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Being an hotelier, that loves good food, I am very pleased with Locanda Paolo. Paolo is the perfect host and you can go there 100 times, he will always have something very special to offer you, so you can never get bored of his menu or dishes. I have met Paolo years ago when myself I was also an Executive Chef for Hyatt International. I loved his cuisine then, and after leaving Mexico for many years, I found again la Locanda de Paolo and the food and service did not change a bit, all the contrary. it is getting better and better. Felicitation mon cher Paolo,

• Visited May 2013
Sharon, Connecticut
“Wonderful Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here based on all the great reviews. It did not disappoint! We were greeted and seated right away. We spoke with the manager in English who helped us come up with the perfect menu for our dinners. The glass of wine with my dinner was the best of our trip! We were seated next to a large party celebrating and they were fun. Our meals were delicious and made to order. I will say that the service was a little too good for my liking...we had a good chuckle when I told my husband to watch as I took the last bite and set my fork down. No sooner had it hit the table then it was whisked away! This kind of service is good for large parties I think, but for a couple enjoying a romantic dinner it didn't feel right for me.

• Visited April 2013
Albany New York
“Near Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Looking at other reviews, we see other people's comments on Sr Paolo's direct involvement in the restaurant. For sure, that's what will get us back to Locando Paolo again if we visit Cancun. Seeing someone personally care about you being there is awesome. I wouldn't say that staff was hovering - they are there to meet your every need! It's like the people at our hotel said, "we're here to spoil you"! The food was great, but the dining experience was the best part. Another great part of the restaurant is its location - off the hotel zone strip. If you are staying down at the lower mileposts closer to Cancun Center, it's easy to get to, much less hassle than hotel zone, certainly less corporate feel. And as we were leaving we stopped to chat with the next two tables, also from New York State. Who knows good food better than New Yorkers! I opted to skip appetizers and have dessert. That was a wise choice, believe me.

• Visited March 2013