“awsome location and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oriente Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Oriente Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Oriente Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Miguel Lerdo No. 20 | Colonia Centro, Veracruz 91700, Mexico   |
Ranked #23 of 81 hotels in Veracruz
Cozumel
“awsome location and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Easy access to zocolo and many sights. Very large room with a small balcony. Wifi was good but we had the main router just outside our room, 222. Small restaraunt had excellent breakfast. Staff could not have been better.

Room Tip: 222 has wifi router very close
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

A nice hotel located close to the Zocolo. I stayed in a king room in the new section of the hotel. The room was without a view, i.e. the window opened into the interior hotel "column". Some people may not care for an interior room but it does cut down on the street noise. Room appointed in a fairly basic manner but everything is new and nice. It was a big room and could probably use a little bit more light, especially since an interior room receives little natural light. Meant to eat at the restaurant off the hotel lobby but never got around to doing so. Others have noted the hotel WiFi as being dodgy; I had no issues whatsoever with the hotel WiFi (strong continuous signal throughout my stay). Not much English spoken at the reception desk apart from one gentleman who spoke English rather well. All-in-all, this is a really good value property if you want to stay in the center of Veracruz!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
JOAQUINGAL, Gerente at Oriente Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Sir,

We appreciate your feedback to us. I hope you come back soon to Veracruz.

Have a great day!
Cozumel, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I visit Veracruz often but my first experience with this hotel. And, for the most part, a good experience.
My room was one of their king rooms in the new section. Basic furniture but all very clean and well maintained. The advertised balcony is really just a small area with enough room to step out. TV was good but I don't like the remote being attached to the nightstand since I wanted to use it in other parts of the room. The room had a safe but useless since it would not open.
If you need internet access , as I do, you might want to look elsewhere. When it works, it is ok. But after many attempts to repair it, I could never be sure I would have it available. To their credit they tried but that was only after a rude encounter with a desk clerk.
Having mentioned the desk clerk who was rude and only wanted to argue with me about the internet, I hasten to add that the other staff members were excellent and some of the most helpful I have encountered anywhere. And they seemed to be really proud of their little hotel. Many names I don't know but I will mention one I do know, Joel. He was outstanding. Seems to do a bit of everything. He carried my luggage, waited on me in the restaurant and I also saw him cleaning. Really an excellent, enthusiastic employee.
It is interesting that the staff was so good considering the manager would never speak to me and really would try to hide when I approached the desk and he was there. Forutunately, his staff is much better than the boss.
I would recommend the hotel. Just be aware of the internet situation. The location is superb.

Room Tip: Be careful with this. I was in the new section which is on the side facing the port, and only some t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

I feel sorry for the unfortunate events that may have occurred during your stay.
I appreciate the feedback and hope you come back to Veracruz someday.

Have a great day
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I enjoyed the location, the friendly staff (only one English speaker), and the comfort of my room. I stayed here one week to enjoy the vibe of the centro historic area in Veracruz. The hotel allows you to walk almost everywhere and if you need a taxi they are right outside waiting. You will be in close proximity to Plaza de Armas (the main square) where there are plenty of restaurants and cafes for your choosing. I stayed in what is considered a suite and the price was excellent for one week ($350). There was a comforable king size with balcony (city view) shower with hot water. The WiFi had a few issues so I would advise people planning to use this as a business stay, that the internet is not always reliable; however, there is a cafe right downstairs (Sunset Coffee) that has excellent reliable WiFi, if you should have issues with the Hotel's WiFi during your stay. I couldn't give it an excellent because of the construction going on in reception and unreliable WiFi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JOAQUINGAL, Gerente at Oriente Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear customer,

I hope you return to our city to see our new lobby, reception and restaurant.

Villa Rica, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Switched to this hotel on my second trip to Vera Cruz. Greatly enjoyed my stay. There are a few English speaking employees which was helpful for me. The only negative thing I can say is the elevator was out of order on our day of departure and carrying luggage down three flights of stairs is not fun. extremely convient to port and area attractions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JOAQUINGAL, Gerente at Oriente Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you liked the staying at the Hotel Oriente and appreciate the feedback you are giving us. Next time you visit us, if there is a problem with our elevator I'll make sure the employees carry all the luggage for you.

Chihuahua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We reserved a junior Suite (just a nicer room than the regular ones), we got it. Good service from all the employees, really went out of their way to please us. Basic amenities, basic furniture, very clean, very cheap, great people working there, the restaurant cooks like the food your mom would prepare (very good), and the best of all, you have a great location, close to go everywhere!!!! Would definately recomend it, just do not expect a fancy hotel! Remember, cheap, clean, good service, good food, great people!!!!

Room Tip: Remember to request a Jr Suite, they are recently renovated, everything new!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear customer,

Thank you for your comments.

monterrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

the hotel is comfortable and clean, the location is great and the staff is extremely kind. But the hotel is old and needs an urgent update, specially the furniture and the elevator. the rooms are big but over all I felt that I paid too much for what I got. Near to city center and walking distance (20 minutes) to Acuario.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback.

We will work harder to provide a better service to you and all our customers.

I hope you come back soon to the city of Veracruz.

Kind regards!

Been to Oriente Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!