Arrived to find I had no reservation, but this was speedily corrected. I was roomed on the seventh floor, which unfortunately, was not double glazed in the hallway, thus the wind on this floor, being the top of the building, was very noisy, day and night.
The room itself, was very well appointed, with a refrigerator with the statutory drinks to purchase, a great view of the sea was wonderful and my room overlooked the pool and sun bathing area facing the beach. The queen size bed was very comfortable, fresh linen and pillows, well appointed bathroom, with the usual soaps, creams and shampoos, and the towels were soft. The only drawback is that if the wind is blowing hard, you are in for a noisy night, as the windows are not aligned very well, at least in my room.
I used the gym, which is small, but I was able to enjoy my work out routine, they also had a spa which I did not use. An outdoor pool is large enough for many clients, but the wind stopped this being used during my four day stay.
There are two restaurants, albeit one kitchen, one is al a carte, the other more in keeping with breakfast room, yet clearly big enough to cope with large parties for any event. There is a large bar area, with hotel prices, and lots of staff, and there are a couple of stores to buy the customary items one would find in any quality hotel.
Unfortunately, my Mexican friend persuaded me to try the soft tortilla with chile spiced shrimp, was very nice, I reacted badly to the corn tortilla, and will ill all night. Yet the breakfast menu was extensive, lots to choose from, depending on your budget. I opted on the continental, and was well served by the fresh fruits, yoghurt, and pastries. Naturally, there was plenty of cheese and cold meats to choose from also.
Definitely worth recommending. I'm sure to visit again, and can honestly say, the staff were very helpful, always interested in my comfort, and settling the bill at the end of stay was quite smooth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please be advised that from January 05th 2015, we will be working in refurbishment of some public areas to create a better experience for our guest. The hotel services will be provide normally during this process. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause. Stay at the most attractive hotel in Veracruz, Mexico, on the Gold Coast, Veracruz's exclusive zone located just five minutes from the Convention Center with easy access to the airport and downtown. The Fiesta Americana Veracruz, located in the tourist area of Boca del Rio with direct beach access, has 233 rooms, including rooms for smokers and guests with special needs. Also enjoy the hotel's two recognized specialty restaurants (seafood and Italian cuisine) and many other services: business center, spa, restaurant, cafeteria, gym, beauty salon, tobacconist's, jeweler's, two swimming pools with a Jacuzzi and Pool Bar and 11 meeting rooms. We remind you that the check-in time is from 3:00 PM (subject to availability). Check-out is at 12:00 PM. We suggest you use our express check-out service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Fiesta Americana Veracruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Veracruz Hotel Veracruz
- Veracruz Fiesta Americana