TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

De Cantera y Plata Hotel Boutique
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Camino a la Posada, 39, Taxco 04210, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Taxco
Mexico City, Mexico
“A home away from home; best service we've experienced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My girlfriend and stayed at thia beautiful boutique hotel last weekend and didn't want to come back to our real home. The personel is absolutely homecoming, food is delicious, service is out of this world, and the view is stunning. 110% recomended by us.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My partner and I have recently returned from our visit to Taxco and I must say that this hotel exceeded our expectations! We stayed in the Vista Suite (the most exclusive suite in the hotel) and enjoyed every moment of our stay! This place is absolutely magnificent due to the attention and service. The staff are well trained and very friendly. The restaurant serves upscale dishes and you have that terrific view of the city of Taxco. Once it began to rain, to be honest, I really didn't mind if I had to stay in the hotel without visiting the historic center of the city because I was really very very comfortable in our suite due to the almost 360 degree spectacular view!
I later became aware that very important people have also stayed at the De Cantera y Plata Hotel Boutique (the Princess of Kurdistan Hanna Jaff, actors, actresses, etc.) I truly fell in love with this establishment because you feel like you're in someone's home, not in a hotel!

Room Tip: To get the most of your stay, walk 5 minutes to the cable car (teleferico) and take it catch a taxi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We only learned about this place from a local fine jewelry store owner so we did not stay there, we just had dinner, but it was simply excellent. The view is amazing and higher than any other place in Taxco which has no shortage of great views. We did not see the hotel rooms themselves but the public rooms are lovely and very stylishly decorated. We dined outside on the veranda and watched the sunset but there are also tables inside. the service was very polite and attentive and the meal and desserts were the equal of any of the best gourmet restaurants I have enjoyed around the world. Definitely worth the justified extra costs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here with my son for 3 days, we had been travelling around Mexico for a few weeks and this is by far the best place we have stayed in. Staff are excellent, food is excellent, the rooms are beautiful and excellent, it is all excellent. It is close to the city center, but far enough so you get peace and quiet, and can relax by the pool after walking the busy streets of beautiful Taxco. You really want to be a bit out, oh and I almost forgot, amazing view!

Room Tip: Next time I am going to get one of the rooms with an outdoor jacuzzi with a view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to De Cantera y Plata Hotel Boutique? Share your experiences!