TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Hotel De La Borda
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cerro del Pedregal 2, Taxco 40230, Mexico   |
Ranked #22 of 22 hotels in Taxco
Dallas, TX
“Very Nasty!!!!!! Please Do Not Go There!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

We stayed for one night with my husband and two little girls. The beds had a HUGE SPOT OF FRESH BLOOD. Yeah blood. Nasty. Of course I was pissed and when I went to the front desk, the person in chrage couldn't do anything for me, so he had to call the hotel manager on the phone while se was asleep in a clean bed. we were trying to get our money back ( 900.00 pesos) but, they wouldn't do that, so at midnight they moved us to another hotel with the condition that we would not get our free breakfast. At that point I was sooo mad that, but I didn't care about the so called free breakfast, which it was not free because my two daughters had to pay fifty percent anyways. I was very sad to see the kind of service that this so called four stars hotels give to the International travelers. Very nasty.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything. HORRIBLE
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Wallace
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

Upon arriving to the hotel De La Borda front dest to check in the price of the room was a little higher than what I was quoted online so I explain to the desk clerk that the rate was a little lower in my email to them earlier mention and they gave me my rate so it worked good at check in.
The view was great I woke up at 5:00 am just to veiw the landscape of Taxco at night...GREAT.but I had a little trouble sleeping due to the fact the bed was a little short for me and the matteress was very hard REALLY HARD!!! but the overal experiance was good.the pool was nice,the resturant food was good and the cervaza was more potant than in the US which was ok by me.
The location was good for shopping the hundreds of silver shops just had to walk down to the bottom of the hill and you were there in town.
Just down the street was another very nice Hotel called The Mission which I wanted to stay but we ended up staying closer to the middle of town for the next 5 nights at the ARGUA ESCONDIDA a very nice hotel and only $35.00 US per night compaired to the De La Borda at $80.00 US per night and the beds were alot softer and it was located right beside that big Church as seen in the main pics of Tasco right in the middle of town and alot better shopping for silver too.if you stay here be sure to eat at the Acerta resturant across the center from the Hotel.
My trip was for business and I have no regretts or complaints at eiter place.
My partner and I can take you there for a Fee check us out on eBay just inter The Real Treasure Hunt in the search block and view our auctions on travel to Mexico adventure of a life time.
Sincerely Dirtywhiteboy

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — hard beds
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mexico city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for 2 days. That was a real adventure. When we got there, we were shown the room where the water tank in the bathroom was literally broken in two, with all the water from it in the garbage basket. I still wonder how they can even offer something like that. Of course we asked for another room. They showed us two more rooms, and only the last one looked more or less decent. We took it. Decided to leave the baggage at the reception and when we came back in the afternoon and went to the room, on opening the door we were happy to see that someone else was already in the room. We ran to the reception asking for the money back. They didn't want to do it and offered another room. I guess this last one was supposed to be a better room by their standards. You can see the pictures. The room was anything but clean. It definitely needed lots and lots of repairs. The hotel charges quite a lot of money, but doesnt do any maintainance. It looks dirty and old. Do not go there. There are many other hotels in town that are not advertised on line, but are cheaper, a lot cleaner and nicer.

Stayed August 2008
Mexico City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in July.
On a positive note; the location of the hotel is fantastic, great views, lovely terraces to sit & relax, near to the town etc... Also, the staff at the hotel were very friendly & helpful.
We got a good deal that included breakfast so it wasn't expensive & the food was ok.
However, I was really disappointed with the lack of maintenence.
I can't believe this hotel has 4 stars! The rooms are shabby & in need of new coat of paint. Not nice at all.
I asked to change rooms when we arrived because there were ants in the bed!!! Now of course i understand that it is normal that insects will enter rooms but this was due to lack of cleanliness & the fact that the doors had big gaps under them so that all manner of insect could wander in.
The receptionist then gave us another room & it was a bit better in terms of cleanliness.
Another thing i didn't like was that they have a big parrot in a horrible, dirty cage. It was sad to see.
Also to reiterate what others have written, the water did take around 10-15 mins to warm up & you had to let it run. What a waste!!!! I tried to shower in the afternoon & there was no hot water.
Anyway, to sum up this hotel could be fantastic if it were to be given a revamp & cared for better but it just doesn't live up to the photos on the website or it's 4 star status!

• Liked — The location, great views & friendly staff. Not expensive.
  • Disliked — Insects, lack of cleanliness & maintenence.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
upstate new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

De La Borda was probably stunning in its day, but its day has come and gone! Actually, it was a beautiful location, a lovely pool, the restaurant/cabanna was very fun and lovely. The rooms, well, they were pretty bare, but adequate. There were no screens on the windows, and no air conditioning, so the heat was definitely an issue. Also, we found cockroaches around the pool and in the bathrooms. These things happen, we know, but we'd rather not have them happen to us!!!
The staff was wonderful. They were very accommodating, but spoke very limited english.
The water pressure was okay, but the hot water took 20 minutes or so to arrive, and only lasted about 2 minutes. That was an issue for my group (I was traveling with about 25 students). The towels were small and sand-papery, but okay for one night.
The restaurant staff was outstanding. They were so very kind in every aspect. As much as they couldn't speak english, the charades and laughing was an international language that made the evening a success. The food (especially the mamay ice cream) was wonderful...every detail was perfect. The dinner was nothing exotic, but the care and pride these folks took in their craft was enough to make us feel as though we were dining at the most pricey place!

Definitely take a cab, don't walk up the hill...youll be glad you did. Also, there are no phones in the rooms, so be sure you have your cell phone with you.

• Liked — The pool/restaurant area
  • Disliked — cock roaches
  • Stayed February 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

We stayed two nights in august 07 and have been extremely disappointed by the unacceptable low quality of this old , not maintained hotel . How can it have 4 stars ?. It is clear that we have been completely cheated by its false web site.
Furnitures , doors, windows, were in a poor state, washbasin was blocked up, bathroom dirty, half an hour to get some hot water ( perfectly normal according to reception ...)
The location and view are nice, but it should be completely renovated and refurbished .
It does not deserve a fourth of the price we paid

Stayed August 2007
Lilith_71
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

We had to be moved to another room due to the fact that the bathtub and the shower were broken. I actually asked to the desk clerk if the room had been used before and he said yes, but how they bathed only God knew. The bathroom looked as if nobody had been there in years. The tiles looked so old.

Our second room was one located next to the pool and to the restaurant. This room had no bathtub, only a shower.

The furniture is really old, very simple. Rooms are large, and the view is amazing. Some of them have a small terrace. No A/C is available. The restaurant is nice, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is not restored, and the staff has been cut. You can see the waitress working as a maid and the desk clerk working as a bell boy. It seems that the owners are not spending a single peso in restoring this place, which is a shame because its location is privileged.

No hot water was available when we arrived. No phone in our first room.

if you don't care about the view try the best western taxco, you won't be disappointed

and don't forget to visit the Santa Prisca church, it's a beatiful, wonderful and beatiful place

• Liked — the views
  • Disliked — old bahtroom, no telephone, the long and difficult path to the entrance, not enough bellboys
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel De La Borda? Share your experiences!