I chose this hotel because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor, and was not disappointed.
Great location, spotlesslly clean, lots of hot water and extremely helpful staff. I speak no Spanish, but this was not a problem at all.
It is a small hotel, but this only adds to its charm. The courtyard is delightful (although I ewish they didn't have caged birds). My room was the smallest of the lot, but I certainly found it large enough for my needs. Love the towels folded into different animal shapes every day.
Only two drawbacks: 1) the restaurant is overpriced and the food unexceptional, and 2) the recommended tour company was dismal. I tool 4 of these tours and only 1 (to Monte Alban) was worth the price. You are far better off hiring a taxi for a day than going on these cattle trips. Food from the street stalls 2 blocks away is a far better bet for eating.
I spent 5 nights here and found it just wasn't enough time to see and do everything I wanted. Recommend you spend at least a week; preferably two!
- Also Known As:
- Parador San Miguel Hotel
- Parador San Miguel Oaxaca
- Parador San Miguel Hotel Oaxaca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, 20 minutes from the airport. In the historical downtown area, only a half block from the Central Alameda. The beautiful colonial-style building has three floors with 23 rooms, including four suites.Located on one of the main avenues in the city, the facade had a grand entry door of carved cedar, opening to a lovely porch with a statue of St. Michael the Archangel.A wrought iron gate opens to the hotel vestibule, where walls of ochre, terra-cotta, beige and cream combine with dark green ironwork and green granite columns to provide a dramatic backdrop for the brilliant bougainvillea and geraniums that thrive in the home's central patio. From here you can catch a hint of the spellbinding flavors of our Oaxacan kitchen. In "La Cocina" you can choose a magical dish to your specifications.Small gardens lead to the first level rooms. A majestic green granite stairway crowned with glorious stained glass leads to the second and third levels. On the second level terrace, you could relax or sunbathe accompanied by canaries in a kaleidoscope of multicolored flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsClick, Venere and Otel so you can book your Parador San Miguel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.