“When in Oaxaca, stay HERE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaxaca Ollin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oaxaca
Oaxaca Ollin
You added Oaxaca Ollin to your Saves list
Quintana Roo 213, Centro Historico | Oaxaca City, Oaxaca 68000, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 101 Oaxaca B&B and Inns
Orinda
“When in Oaxaca, stay HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We just returned from a seven day stay at Casa Ollin and I highly recommend it! The staff are all very gracious people and it's apparent that they love their work. We had fabulous breakfast each morning and the place is kept impeccably clean. Jon and Judith welcomed us as if we were family members. Ernesto toured us about, and Carmen's cooking class was a hit with all that attended. Loved it! Oaxaca is a beautiful, save place with lots of culture to experience!

Room Tip: The rooms on the street a bit noisy, bring ear plugs if you are sensitive. The windows are dual pa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Casa Ollin for 4 nights and we highly recommend this b&b for your next stay at Oaxaca. The combination of warmth and hospitality from the staff (Ernesto, Lucas, Karla, Clara and Sofia), the quality of food and cleanliness of the rooms is simply not usual in any hotel I've stayed before. It is a jewel in this beautiful city.

• Stayed September 2013
Whidbey Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had read about Sophie's great breakfasts, Oaxaca style -- which proved worthy of praise --, but "tranquil" is the word I would use to describe the Ollin. I was there with my son and his wife who also were delighted with everything about the Ollin. Jon was the perfect host with wonderful recommendations for restaurants, sights, shopping, and more. Can't wait to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Oaxaca Ollin B&B was, in our experience, a wonderful, calm place to stay in Oaxaca. It's located close to the Santo Domingo church and not too far (10 blocks) to the Zocalo. The staff are friendly to a person, and the owners are also willing to offer advice and help. We enjoyed getting to know everyone, including the other guests, particularly during the lovely breakfasts and a few lazy afternoons.

I would give Casa Ollin five stars, but I can see a few ways in which they could improve, so I opted for four stars (as did the other two people I traveled with). First, there was no one there to meet me when I arrived at around 3:00 pm, even though I both emailed and called the day before to confirm my arrival time. One of the cleaning staff let me in and was confused about whether there was a room for me. She tried her best, but I wish someone had been there to welcome me properly.

Second, do note that they do not accept credit cards. This fact is not indicated on their website anywhere. The owner told me he states it in the reservation email, but it was not in any email I received. Why not just put it on the website for all to see? They do accept PayPal, so it all worked out fine, but why not nip any possible issue in the bud by stating it plainly on the website? (As I understand it, the banks in Oaxaca charge an inordinate fee to Ollin to process credit cards. Still, many of the restaurants and shops we went to accepted credit cards, so it remains a bit of a head scratcher.)

Finally, both my wife and another one of the guests suffered several bites by something (mosquitos? bed bugs?) during the night. I did not have any problem, but it was mildly disconcerting.

I don't mean to sound too negative, as we had a wonderful time and would return to Ollin. The rooms were charming. They offered free use of umbrellas and hats, had a self-serve mezcal bar, and shared a wide selection of good books in their library. The city of Oaxaca in general is also a gem. But I think it's important to be constructive, particularly when most reviews use words like "perfect" and "outstanding."

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We spent at week at Oaxaca Ollin in July with my elderly mother, my husband, and two teenage children ages 13 and 18. Everything about our experience at this B&B was outstanding. My mother had a beautiful room in the back by the pool and the four of us a lovely room in the front with our own patio area, hammock, and direct access to the rooftop area. The breakfasts each day were a gourmet experience, the smiling staff could not have been kinder, and the rooms, public areas, and service exceptional overall. We had an amazing guide for two days named Ernesto. He took us everywhere we wanted to go, never pushed anything extra, and was so kind, friendly and informative. I definitely reccommend Ernesto if you would like to have a private driver for a few hours or the day. Judith was so personable and helpful whenever we needed assistance - from helping us with the banks, to arranging public transportation for us, to letting us use their private phone at length when we were having trouble calling the states. She even let us use their private laundry service when the public laudromat down the street closed. I'm not a total fan of B&Bs in the States, but in this case it made our trip experience so much better to have such friendly and generous service in a foreign country. I cannot think of a single way that our experience could have been improved upon. Even the location is great - just close enough to the historic district, but without the noise.

Room Tip: Our room was the only one that faced the street (the largest room to accommodate 3 beds), but we wer...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Nothing to really complain about here. Exceptional service, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly staff, great breakfast, convenient location, nice rooms. Feels like you are at someone's home rather than a hotel. Lovely personal and intimate touch. Will definitely return.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I can't say enough positive things about Oaxaca Ollin. Everyone here was very gracious, including the guests. Everyone hugged us when we left. I felt like I was saying goodbye to family and I only stayed here a week. The room was very clean and the furniture and bedding lovely. The breakfasts were fabulous and regional. The staff were unbelievably friendly. We arrived very late and a lovely young man waited up for us and was kind and caring from that minute forward.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Oaxaca Ollin? Share your experiences!