Really nice hotel, rooms are clean, strong wifi, excellent location, very friendly people.
The bathroom is a bit tiny, tough, but it's not a problem. At least, always had hot water.
In fact, a good place to stay 2-3 days at least.
I will only describe two issues.
1. Wndows (room 114, probably other rooms facing the street). The handle is broken apparently long time ago. Instead of repairing it, they fixed a simple latch. Obviously it cannot hold the window sealed. Therefore it seems that either the cars are in your room or you are in the middle of the street. The 'good' thing is that at night the street is quiet, and you wake up early anyway.
2. English. I am surprised when people working in the tourist industry don't know a word in English or any other language. This hotel has just one person who speaks English. The others - not a word. Even when I asked at 11am: "Monte Alban excursion OK?" (the lady was present yesterday when I asked the English speaking guy to organise a trip for me), she happily nodded with a smile: "OK, OK!". Then in an hour, when I came down and asked again: "Monte Alban OK?", she, smiling again, handed me a piece of paper that had (in perfect English) "sorry, we couldn't find a guide for you, you can get a bus or a taxi".
As for the rest, it's a nice hotel. And 5 minutes walk down to the center you can find a lot of travel agents that can organise trips to Monte Alban for you :)))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Casa de los Frailes has 14 rooms on two floors developed architectural colonial style decoration, regional characteristic of Oaxaca, the corridors kept the prototype of the original architecture of the nineteenth century Oaxaca, which are being complemented by blacksmiths and crafts that make a very pleasant environment for guests.The Casa de los Frailes is located near the majestic temple and cultural center of Santo Domingo in the exclusive area of the city, ideal if you come to a wedding, just a few minutes of pleasant walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Casa de los Frailes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Los Frailes Hotel Oaxaca
- Casa De Los Frailes Oaxaca