This was our first (wonderful) visit to Oaxaca, we stayed in the City six days. We decided both of our hotels by reading the trip advisor critics, Hotel Casa Los Frailes has terrific comments so we stayed theta two nights out of five, the lady at the front desk was (uncomfortably excesive) nice to us, the Room, a double bedroom was clean, although the decoration was nothing special. But the bathroom is what most dissapointed us, it needs to be remodeled, the toilette got stuck twice (later we found a note where the hotel asks to place the paper in the trash can, NOT higienic!) the shower also of old appearence didnt work properly, the water didnt drain in the shower (flooded!) Although we made the observation of the later it was not solved. Be aware that they dont have a restaurant But La Olla is very close and offers delicious breakfasts. The other nights we stayed at Casa del Sotano, and believe me, it was like 350 pesos cheaper and MUCH moré worth it. Try finding other centric and better options, you will find plenty...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Casa de los Frailes has 14 rooms on two floors developed architectural colonial style decoration, regional characteristic of Oaxaca, the corridors kept the prototype of the original architecture of the nineteenth century Oaxaca, which are being complemented by blacksmiths and crafts that make a very pleasant environment for guests.The Casa de los Frailes is located near the majestic temple and cultural center of Santo Domingo in the exclusive area of the city, ideal if you come to a wedding, just a few minutes of pleasant walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Casa de los Frailes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Los Frailes Hotel Oaxaca
- Casa De Los Frailes Oaxaca