“I'm dreaming of strawberry cake” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 239 restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: French
Oaxaca, Mexico
“I'm dreaming of strawberry cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

It's hard to decide between the soup or salad, 2 entrees and 2 desserts offered, but you can't
go wrong with whatever you choose. The salad was fresh and crispy, and the dressing light and tasty. The meatloaf came with a rich tomato, olive based sauce which was wiped clean off my plate with the integral baquette. The dessert, strawberry cream cake, was airy and delicious, the perfect ending to the perfect meal. We got there at 1:00 p.m. and leisurely enjoyed our lunch. Glad we arrived early because by the time we left at 2:30 it was packed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Singapore, Singapore
“Interesting combination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a small restaurant (16 people max by my count) which only serves comida corrida. The twist is that it is French-Oaxacan cuisine. I really enjoyed my experience here as it felt like you were eating in someone's kitchen. The chef does everything, cook, clean, attend to the tables and interact with customers. There are no other staff members yet the service and food quality is some of the best I have had in Oaxaca. The reason I knock it down one star is because of the interior. Not a fan of the blue and brown combo. It kills the atmosphere a little. Also despite the fact that the food was delicious, the flavour was a bit weak on my soup. I Would definitely go back again though.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oaxaca, Mexico
“Fanstastic French/Oaxacan Fusion food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Chef Jean Michel brings his french flair to local ingredients creating interesting and always delicious meals, complete with french bread baked daily and unforgettable desserts.

• Visited May 2013