We just got back from a 10 day trip to Oaxaca City where we stayed 5 days at Ollin B&B and 4 days at Casa de las Bugambilias B&B. We have now stayed at 3 of the top 5 rated B&Bs on Trip Advisers list, Casa de los Milagros being the third. Ollin B&B (No. 1) can best be described as an American style motel with a central court swimming pool and Casa de las Bugambilias B&B (No.5) and Casa de los Milagros as high-end Mexican homes.
Trip Advisor is a comparison web site and I will compare Ollin and Bugambilias since we have just returned from Oaxaca. Bugambilias is a little closer to the Zócalo (Town Square) and the main shopping and restaurants, although, Ollin is an easy walk to them. The breakfast experience, food, service, and ambiance at Bugambilias is exceptional. whereas Ollin is just OK. When it comes to taking a siesta (afternoon nap) Bugambilias is much quieter. Ollin has a central court swimming pool and a dining room that looks out over the pool, which, at times can be very noisy. All in all I would have to rate the Bugambilias’s three B&Bs at the top of my list to stay at in Centro Historical Oaxaca. Jon at Ollin does a better job at marketing by sending out a thank you email. The email asks that you click a link to Trip Advisor’s Ollin review page. This makes it very easy to review their property.
Mexico is a third world country and your experience will vary. No matter where you stay there could be problems. One thing to remember about Trip Advisor’s rating system is that every one and anyone can write a review. You should only take into account the reviews for the last 6 months or so.
Oaxaca is a walking city, so remember, where you stay can add or subtract from your enjoyment of this wonderful city.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Las Bugambilias Hotel Oaxaca
- Casa Del Las Bugambilias Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Del Las Bugambilias Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de las Bugambilias is a striking modern house decorated with contemporary art, local folk art and antiques in a minimalist aesthetic way. Located just one block from Santo Domingo Cathedral and Cultural Museum. Your host, Artist Aurora Cabrera, and staff will provide personal attention to your needs. We offer eight rooms with private baths and a two-bedroom suite. Las Bugambilias is also home to the popular "La Olla" Restaurant and Art Gallery. ... more less