I was in Oaxaca for the Day of the Dead weekend. At first I was put off by the seemingly far distance from the city center, but ohhhh boy, was I wrong!!!! It is barely a 5 minute cab ride from the hotel to the city center, 8 minutes with heavy traffic. The location couldn´t be better because you get none of the noise and all of the beauty. The rooms are simple but well equipped and the amenities are to die for!!! All natural!!! One other thing you have to try is the amazing restaurant. I´ve been coming to Oaxaca for over 10 years now and it gets a little tiresome to have every single restaurant serve you Oaxacan food. It is amazing cuisine, don´t get me wrong, but it is on the hearty side of world cuisines and after a while you kind of need a break. The hotel´s cheff has put together an excellent mixture of Oaxacan and International dishes on the menu. You have to try the pumpkin flower soup, it is to die for. Last but not least, the service, it is personalized enough not to be invasive which makes the best to go and relax. As a family, as a couple, or just as a nosey lonely tourist, you have got to try this hotel!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For discerning guests who want to avoid the bustle of the big city and at the same time enjoy a unique locale, a relaxing stay at the 5 star Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles-SPA may just be the perfect solution. Located in a quiet residential area of Oaxaca, this 18th century hacienda reopened its doors in 2000 following an extensive renovation. Here, you'll reap the rewards of stylish boutique respite enhanced by traditional Mexican architecture and a personable staff.This intimate Boutique hotel, boasting just 23 guestrooms, imparts the look and feel of a private hacienda. Thick stucco walls, terra cotta floors, ornate wrought iron furniture and colorful Mexican fabrics give the hotel an inviting, informal appeal. Outdoors, points of interest include colorful gardens and the fine laurel trees that were preserved during the renovation.Relax in the hotel’s newly expanded Petit Spa with a traditional "temazcal" or indigenous steam bath, and enjoy fine traditional Mexican fare and international cuisine in its award-winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Los Laureles-Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Los Laureles Oaxaca
- Hacienda Los Laureles Hotel Oaxaca