My husband just had a wonderful visit to Oaxaca and we recommend it to everyone who loves
culture, Art, Architecture, food, music and wonderful people.
We stayed at Hacienda Los Laureles, it was fun to ride the cab and arrive at this wonderful Hacienda. I love hotels with character. This hotel offers that and beautiful gardens. We were there kind of off season so there were a few guests there and we decided to sleep with our windows open and sleep and wake up to the birds singing, and the smell of the garden and fresh air. The staff including Louise, Fernando Martinez (all one name:) the door man were extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. Great ambiance, and the restaurant has great food, and is in a great green house setting an extension of the gardens, is very nice. Rooms are spacious, they have a nice pool (we didn't really use it, we were out sightseeing for most of the day), they had a spa and a nice work out room. It is about a $5.00 cab ride to the city center and the restaurant was closed in the evenings, so if you are planning on eating dinner at the hotel be sure and check their hours prior to leaving for the day, again we were there at off season. The water pressure was low in the shower, but they have a safe, hair dryer all the things you get with a higher end hotel. Upon our arrival we had welcome laid out on our bed with flower petals, and every night got a card with a great quote, and candy on the bed. The front desk booked us tours, made restaurant reservations, called us cabs, and even changed our money, they were all very helpful and great! We also met the owner Peter, on our last day which we had shopped so much we were in need of extra luggage and he gave us a suitcase, actually dropped off a suitcase for us so we were able to bring all that we bought home.
It felt like we were in Latin America, and got great personal service.... so we recommend this hotel by all means....and Oxaca is fabulous....it's a must! Massey and Don....L.A
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For discerning guests who want to avoid the bustle of the big city and at the same time enjoy a unique locale, a relaxing stay at the 5 star Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles-SPA may just be the perfect solution. Located in a quiet residential area of Oaxaca, this 18th century hacienda reopened its doors in 2000 following an extensive renovation. Here, you'll reap the rewards of stylish boutique respite enhanced by traditional Mexican architecture and a personable staff.This intimate Boutique hotel, boasting just 23 guestrooms, imparts the look and feel of a private hacienda. Thick stucco walls, terra cotta floors, ornate wrought iron furniture and colorful Mexican fabrics give the hotel an inviting, informal appeal. Outdoors, points of interest include colorful gardens and the fine laurel trees that were preserved during the renovation.Relax in the hotel’s newly expanded Petit Spa with a traditional "temazcal" or indigenous steam bath, and enjoy fine traditional Mexican fare and international cuisine in its award-winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Hacienda Los Laureles-Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Los Laureles Oaxaca
- Hacienda Los Laureles Hotel Oaxaca