“Our Favorite Place on the Zocalo” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Our Favorite Place on the Zocalo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We ate breakfast there a couple of times and had desserts and drinks a couple of times. The food and service were generally good and it was a good place for people watching with plenty of covered seating.

Visited May 2014

Essex
“Location 5 Food 1”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Sitting under the arches looking out into a colourful, lively Zocalo this is an attractive place to come. We sat with live entertainment adding to the atmosphere. The first clue that the management were not fully in control was when we tried to order from the English menu and found that it did not match the Spanish menu causing confusion and an incorrect meal. The response however was excellent and the waiters quickly did all they could to correct the misunderstanding. I cannot be as kind about the quality of the food however. Whoever is responsible for the food preparation clearly has no interest in the work and are letting the rest of the team down. I could put up with the regular hawkers trying to sell there goods and the occasional beggar wanting the odd peso as I sit in such a great location, but I cannot forgive the poor quality of the food. I wish I could direct readers to a restaurant elsewhere on the Zocalo but the nearest other restaurant I have eaten in is the Hosteria de Alcala which is 500 meters away on the way to the cultural museum. If Del Jardin is representative of those on this historic square a change of location would be well worth the walk even if you are not going to the museum.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Silver City, New Mexico
“After 12 years .. no more.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

All I can say is that after over 12 years at this establishment ... no more!
For drinks in the afternoon it is OK, go there for dinner and there seems to be an attitude with the female servers. They seem to be greatly bothered by the customers presence.
Never again in future visits.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Talk about good drinks and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

As a tourist, i pride myself in eating good food, having a good drink and having a great time. This place offers me all that and more....The Margaritas...Boy ooh Boy. let us not forget that they have good pina colada...Ohhh you can sit outside and just watch what is going on. You can try everything....You won't be disappointed...

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“The only good thing about this place is location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I used to go there to eat whenever I was in Oaxaca. The last 2 occasions proved it to be the last place I'll ever go in the city! The service is horrible, the employees are RUDE, unresponsive and unhappy to the point where I wanted to ask the waitress if someone is illegally forcing her to work there. The lady at the cashier got ANGRY with me when I asked for the invoice, she snapped at me!! And then she sent me the invoice with errors. The food - we asked for the botanero, a variety of local foods to share between a couple, it was ok, but way overpriced for what you get. I guess if you're looking for a place to order coffee or beer and look at the Zocalo, it's ok, but if you want local cuisine and friendly, Oaxacan treatment - go elsewhere! One star for location

• Visited November 2013