“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Azul to your Saves list
Hotel Azul
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Abasolo 313 Centro, Oaxaca 68000, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #17 of 112 hotels in Oaxaca
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My experience in hotel azul was great. Rooms are really spacious, mattresses so comfortable! Bathrooms in the standard room I stayed in were small but That wasn't a problem at all for me. They have interesting common areas such as a projection room, a small capilla (place to play) that I found quiet interesting, a restaurant, a library with a computer you can use, free wi-fi and a crying wall or at least that's what they call it, it is really beautiful. They also had live music on Fridays and Saturdays! Be careful going up and down the stairs cause there isn't enough light.

The staff was so helpful, they were amazing helping me with some printing and scanning I had to do. I had great restaurant recommendations from them, they really know what to recommend!

Locations is perfect, walking distance to touristic sights in the city center area.

The only thing I didn't love about the hotel is that they don't have parking area for guests, I was lucky to find a spot just across the hotel in the street.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Fela, Thank you so mucho for your kind comments. I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Azul and I will certainly pass on your good comments to our staff.
Best regards & I hope to welcome you back again to Oaxaca in the near future

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in the heart of Oaxaca which makes it an ideal place to stay whilst visiting the town centre. The hotel doesn't have any parking but there is a garage 100 mts away on the same road that charges 140 mx pesos per day. The hotel is modern minimalist, very large and comfortable rooms, great breakfast and amazing service. Just make sure you type "Manuel Abasolo" as the road in your GPS otherwise if you put only "Abasolo" you'll end up in the bloody outskirts of Oaxaca! overall it's an amazing spot, a 4 stars hotel at the cost of a cheap b&b in london!

• Stayed October 2012
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comment and for having chosen the Hotel Azul for your stay in Oaxaca. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards
The team of the Hotel Azul
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights in this sophisticated hotel. At the moment I arrived at the hotel, their outstanding architecture interested me a lot. After I checked in, however, I found that point was just one of their beauties. Their room had well thought-out illumination and beautiful decor with nice pieces of furniture. In addition, they served me with delicious and typical breakfast of Oaxaca, garnishing with a bit of modernity. And as other guests mentioned it, the staffs helped me stay much comfortably.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments, we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,
Hotel Azul de Oaxaca
mexico city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights with 3 kids ( 11, 8 & 3 ) in 2 standard rooms that were a perfect size.
The staff is great , they go out of their way to make you feel welcome...
Good food at the restaurant, they have a beautifull terrace for relaxing.
Amazing architecture and design, gourgeous patio and a fountain desined by Oaxacan artist Francisco Toledo.
Would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your kind comments, we are glad that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon again.
All the best from the entire team of the Hotel Azul!
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a great design and attention to details. We would highly recommend it and here are some of the highlights and comments on the different aspects:

The rooms:
Beautiful decor, the tiles on the bathroom seem hand painted and its design is very cool. Super comfy bed and nice linen. Pillows were great! The rooms are smallish and they could benefit from a better illumination e.g maybe another lamp on the corner. But there are very nice.
The hotel facilities:
Beautiful courtyard on both sides. The space with tables is great for breakfast although having dinner and Breakfast in the same place maybe boring. The library is beautiful and had nice art books and up to date magazines. I think they should encourage its use at the front desk. The chapel is super nice and peaceful.
The terrace needs TLC. We went there for a drink but started to rain, we noticed that the bar and seats were worn out a bit. The cinema looks nice, but it was empty and again it can be better exploited.

The food
Our package included breakfast. It was good but not great (except for the beverages: hot chocolate, coffee, green juice); I was surprised and a bit annoyed that it didn't include the homemade quesadillas being prepared in lieu. They should be part of the package and not only for external customers. The service was excellent. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was great (we order
the Oaxaca sampler). The service was superb and the chef sent a complementary starter. The only think I did not like was that they kept offering wines that weren't on the wine list therefore I couldnt know their price. My dessert, a cinnamon sorbet was fantastic! My husband asked a brownie which was a bit old.
One criticism (minor) is that when
I got a call they lost it when transferring to my room, then they transferred again and included it in the bill when I did the check-out. I explained that I got the call and reception re-dialled when messing up the transfer but since the system marked a call I was charged at the end.

Overall, the hotel is super nice and its
personnel was very professional. I think that its price could be a bit improved to make it more competitive. The staff was very helpful.
We had a great time and would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your complete comments, we are glad that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us. However you have detected oportunities of improvement, which is very important to us and we really appreciate that you share your experience with us. In order to detect what went wrong, especially with the telephone bill, it would be very helpfull if you could send us the name the reservation was under to gerencia@hotelazuloaxaca.com
Thank you very much and we hope that you will visit us again soon.
Best regards,
The Hotel Azul Team
Thessaloniki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Last week we visited oaxaca and had lunch at hotel Azul. The hotel has great architecture, decoration, good food, european style,and most of all the staff is extremely kind , helpful and English speaking. In Oaxaca and generally in Mexico it was hard to find people speaking English and therefore it was hard to communicate. In Azul hotel we didn't have that problem. And not only they serve us at the hotel but they also make useful suggestions about things to do in Oaxaca and where willing to respond to all our questions and make our visit unique. If we had not book another hotel we would prefered azul hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Nassia,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We hope that you have enjoyed your stay in Oaxaca !!
Best regards from the entire team of Hotel Azul
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Loved, Hotel Azul, the rooms have space, the modern architecture is amazing.
The rooms are dark, the fridge is not very cold. The staff are amazing. Great location. Don't eat there! Except breakfast.

Room Tip: We had room 5 quiet, big & amazing. You don't need to get the suites.