“A great start to learning Spanish” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 58 attractions in Oaxaca
Type: Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Oaxaca, Mexico
“A great start to learning Spanish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Rogelio was terrific. He was flexible in arranging lessons. He responded to e-mail questions. He picked us up at a local park in the morning and made us comfortable at the school. He was a patient and enthusiastic teacher. And, as beginners he didn't try to have us do too much. Rather he got us started on a few concepts then worked on using the concepts in situations necessary for travel. Looking forward to returning.

Bonn, Germany
3 attraction reviews
“good value Spanish lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

the teaching arrangement was very flexible and I took my private lessons to market places which was great fun to combine learning and visiting the surrounding villages. The teachers I have encountered are all quite professional. Rogelio is the most helpful and reliable person of all languages institutes I was in. Usually before late night he replied within 20 mins to most requests and help me down to last details to make sure my classes run smoothly. Great value considering the cost and how much I picked up in just 3-day classes.

Southampton, New York
“A great way to learn Spanish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Arranging the lessons was easy - Rogelio answered emails promptly. The pickup and dropoff to this non-central location couldn't have been easier - it was nice to walk to the park in the morning and converse with the other language learners. My class was small (just me!) and a good mixture of new drills and conversation practice. I feel confident and motivated to continue my study! Especially appreciate that I could start any day of the week and take lessons for my desired length of time!

Chicago, Illinois
“Los Amigos de Sol was just right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have studied at two other language schools in Oaxaca, and I feel that each was right for me at the time. Instituto Cultural was wonderful for a advanced beginner in that the cultural activities and social aspect were important. Oaxaca Spanish Magic also was good as I progressed, offering good instruction and warm, personal support. That said, I am now working on pronunciation and subjunctive usage and my almost three weeks at LOs Amigos de Sol was perfect. My teacher Esteban was well-prepared and great fun! Thank you Rogelio for a wonderful experience all around.

Visited February 2013
Langley, Washington
10 attraction reviews
“Spanish immersion through speaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Friendly, fun but serious school for students of all levels and ages. The three person maximum class size is a HUGE plus, and they do a good job of matching abilities of group members. I did the three hour a day group lesson, but also opted for an extra two hour private session and home-stay (and, a sucker for punishment, I buried my nose in a Spanish language detective novel in the evenings). Excellent teachers, and super friendly environment. Hector and Celso did a great job teaching, and Rogelio manages the whole enterprise beautifully!

Visited February 2013