“Los Amigos de Sol was just right!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 58 Attractions in Oaxaca
Type: Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
“Los Amigos de Sol was just right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have studied at two other language schools in Oaxaca, and I feel that each was right for me at the time. Instituto Cultural was wonderful for a advanced beginner in that the cultural activities and social aspect were important. Oaxaca Spanish Magic also was good as I progressed, offering good instruction and warm, personal support. That said, I am now working on pronunciation and subjunctive usage and my almost three weeks at LOs Amigos de Sol was perfect. My teacher Esteban was well-prepared and great fun! Thank you Rogelio for a wonderful experience all around.

Langley, Washington
10 attraction reviews
“Spanish immersion through speaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Friendly, fun but serious school for students of all levels and ages. The three person maximum class size is a HUGE plus, and they do a good job of matching abilities of group members. I did the three hour a day group lesson, but also opted for an extra two hour private session and home-stay (and, a sucker for punishment, I buried my nose in a Spanish language detective novel in the evenings). Excellent teachers, and super friendly environment. Hector and Celso did a great job teaching, and Rogelio manages the whole enterprise beautifully!

Bend, Oregon
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've studied Spanish at 10 schools in Mexico. But I only recommend 2. In Oaxaca, Instituto Amigos del Sol is my clear choice. I studied there a month beginning mid-January 2013. This experience convinced me to rent an apartment long term and return this fall to pursue my goal of becoming fluent. This school does not waste time or money. Lessons are skillfully and cheerfully tailored to the individual needs of the students.

Nome, Alaska
“February 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I spent the month in Oaxaca. My visit centered around classes at Amigos del Sol language school.
The class size was small, varying between two and three. Maria Elena and Miriam were my instructors. They were very competent. The lessons were well presented and clear. My only problem was that my 72 year old memory is not as good as it once was.
The contacts at school grew to include lunches, dinners and field trips with other students.
I would (and may well next year) attend again.

Los Angeles, California
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Attending Amigos del Sol really enhanced my visit to Oaxaca. Not only did I really improve my conversational Spanish with my teacher, I made friends and got insights into the culture that only can come from connecting with locals. Rogelio deeply cares about student learning and enjoyment. Classes are small and intimate, and conversations can turn student interests. I was able to break from my very formal understanding of Spanish finally, and into the realm of talking comfortably, I also was able to get very specific instruction on points of grammar that troubled me, by asking for explanations in class. It was great!

Visited December 2012