“Great school in a lovely city” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 57 attractions in Oaxaca
Type: Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cuiaba, MT
5 attraction reviews
“Great school in a lovely city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I studied at Amigos del Sol for 5 or 6 weeks starting in the end of August/2012. It was an amazing experience, more than I expected. Rogelio, the director, is very friendly and kind since the first time you write to him and he is always ready to help you. I arrived talking almost nothing and my Spanish grew immensely during the course. I was the only student in my class except for 5 days and I think it helped to improve my skills. After I left the school I received compliments on my Spanish during my last days in México. The classes were great and I had a lot of fun and laughs with my teacher Esteban. I had a really good time at Amigos del Sol and highly recommend the school to anybody.

Visited October 2012

Hillsboro, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Best language teaching I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I took classes with Rogelio for three weeks and he was, hands down, the best language teacher I have ever had (and I have had many, in several languages). He is a natural pedagogue -- and also a lovely human being. Small class size -- seldom over 3 students -- is a big plus. Flexibility is also a plus. I was frankly amazed that a language school could be the Tripadvisor #1 attraction in Oaxaca, but after the three weeks we attended Amigos del Sol it was no longer a mystery.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spent 3 days brushing up our Spanish at Amigos del Sol. We learnt more than we had hoped for, and found the lessons to be professionally run, friendly and ultimately great value for money. There was no unnecessary time wasting, and we could take a break if and when we wanted to. Our teacher Celso spoke to us really only in Spanish, and even though we have only a beginner's level of knowledge we found him to be easy to understand and very patient. The school is north of the city, but Rogelio picked us up punctually each day from close to our hostel. I highly recommend the school, and would return if I could. Thank you Rogelio and Celso!

Visited February 2013
Oaxaca, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good language instruction, very small classes, good service. Slightly out of town, but they drive you to and from centro.

Visited February 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had a wonderful experience attending the Instituto Amigos del school. I studied here for 2 weeks. They are very flexible on allowing you to choose how many days you want to study and there is no sign up fee. My teacher was wonderful (Hector) and the best part was that I was the only student in my class except for 1 day. They say that there will never be more than 3 in a class and for the time frame I attended that was true. In fact there was mostly 2 or 1 in the classes I observed. I learnt allot. We worked on pronunciation and conversation mainly present and past tenses.

I had 2 years of college Spanish before I arrived but had trouble putting sentences together. They helped with that. My teacher had incredible patience as I fumbled through. When choosing a school I was concerned about the bus ride to San Felipe del Agua but found that to be one of the best parts. Rogelio (school director) talked to us in Spanish and i got to know the students in other classes. I thought I would have to wait for the ride back to Oaxaca but Rogelio rings a bell at the end of class and we are in the van for the return trip to Oaxaca (10 minute drive) in just 5 minutes. Over all a great experience.

Visited January 2013