“Best language teaching I have ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 58 attractions in Oaxaca
Type: Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hillsboro, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
“Best language teaching I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I took classes with Rogelio for three weeks and he was, hands down, the best language teacher I have ever had (and I have had many, in several languages). He is a natural pedagogue -- and also a lovely human being. Small class size -- seldom over 3 students -- is a big plus. Flexibility is also a plus. I was frankly amazed that a language school could be the Tripadvisor #1 attraction in Oaxaca, but after the three weeks we attended Amigos del Sol it was no longer a mystery.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spent 3 days brushing up our Spanish at Amigos del Sol. We learnt more than we had hoped for, and found the lessons to be professionally run, friendly and ultimately great value for money. There was no unnecessary time wasting, and we could take a break if and when we wanted to. Our teacher Celso spoke to us really only in Spanish, and even though we have only a beginner's level of knowledge we found him to be easy to understand and very patient. The school is north of the city, but Rogelio picked us up punctually each day from close to our hostel. I highly recommend the school, and would return if I could. Thank you Rogelio and Celso!

Visited February 2013
Oaxaca, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good language instruction, very small classes, good service. Slightly out of town, but they drive you to and from centro.

Visited February 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had a wonderful experience attending the Instituto Amigos del school. I studied here for 2 weeks. They are very flexible on allowing you to choose how many days you want to study and there is no sign up fee. My teacher was wonderful (Hector) and the best part was that I was the only student in my class except for 1 day. They say that there will never be more than 3 in a class and for the time frame I attended that was true. In fact there was mostly 2 or 1 in the classes I observed. I learnt allot. We worked on pronunciation and conversation mainly present and past tenses.

I had 2 years of college Spanish before I arrived but had trouble putting sentences together. They helped with that. My teacher had incredible patience as I fumbled through. When choosing a school I was concerned about the bus ride to San Felipe del Agua but found that to be one of the best parts. Rogelio (school director) talked to us in Spanish and i got to know the students in other classes. I thought I would have to wait for the ride back to Oaxaca but Rogelio rings a bell at the end of class and we are in the van for the return trip to Oaxaca (10 minute drive) in just 5 minutes. Over all a great experience.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Two weeks in Spanish classes at Instituto Amigos del Sol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my daily three hour classes for two weeks at Amigos del Sol. Rogelio, the Director, and all of the teachers were very friendly and fun, and part of my learning experience was everyone speaking Spanish as we travelled to and from our classes - as my confidence grew, I not only listened, but began to participate in the conversations. I can't believe how much I learned in two weeks! My teacher, Miriam, was excellent, and also a lot of fun. I would highly recommend this school to anyone wishing to improve their Spanish, from beginners to more advanced levels. The teachers are all very well prepared and no group can be more than four members per teacher- I was exceptionally lucky to have only one other student studying with me with Miriam as out teacher.