“Fun, flexible, affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 57 attractions in Oaxaca
Type: Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Amigos del Sol welcomes you to Oaxaca! we teach Spanish to travelers and people from all the world interested in learning more about the Spanish Language and Oaxaca. We will be very happy to have you with us!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Minneapolis
6 attraction reviews
“Fun, flexible, affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I spent two evenings at Amigos del Sol. Rogelio accommodated us with the days and hours that worked for us. He picked us up for each class and dropped us off near our hotel after class. In each class there was never more than two students. Our teachers, Mari and Celso, were smart, friendly and encouraging - and they could both speak English beautifully, if needed. My husband, who had only had 2 community school classes in Spanish before the trip, learned so much. When he returned to his community school class his teacher couldn't believe how much he had improved. I loved being able to ask specific questions and was amazed that I could converse in Spanish for 3 hours.
We loved Oaxaca and hope to return. Amigos del Sol will be at the top of our list!

Visited February 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Best language school in Oaxaca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I studied Spanish with Rogelio and his great teachers for three months. I was met everyday with smiles and a warm welcome. I know that my language skills greatly developed while I was working with the program. Rogelio was extremely gracious and helpful to make sure that the lessons were curtailed to my needs, he and the instructors were very flexible and made adjustments to my advancements and with my grammatical challenges. I would highly recommend Instituto Amigos del Sol to anyone serious about learning as much as possible in the time they have to study while in Oaxaca. When I return to Oaxaca I will definitely study here again. Each day was fun and challenging the perfect mix for learning a new language.

Visited November 2011
Burlington, Vermont, United States
“Amigos del Sol provided just what we asked for and needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We enjoyed the small classes (no more than 2 other students) and the very personalized attention to our Spanish-language needs. Our teachers and Rogelio were obliging and friendly from start to finish. They provided lots of cultural knowledge as well as language skills and practice. We hope to come back for more!

Visited February 2012
c
“Super friendly, flexible, and effective”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I had taken Spanish many years ago in school, but had never really used it and never did an immersion. Based on a superior recommendation from a friend, I went to Oaxaca, attended Amigos Del Sol, and did a homestay arranged by the school. Although I could stay for only 2 weeks, I am very pleased with my progress and don't have a bad thing to say about the whole experience. Oaxaca is an easy place to be in, and there are lots of things to do and see in the area. I didn't take any days off (other than the weekend) because I was there for such a short period, but the school is very flexible that way. Rogelio is very accommodating and extremely likable. The instructors really enjoy what they do and are wonderful people. They are also able to adapt according to the needs and levels of students. Their promise of "no more than 3 students per class" is not a lie, and if you get lucky, you may be the only one in a class. Rogelio picks everyone up at a meeting location in the morning and drives you to the school where you grab a cup of coffee or tea and then start class. But you've already started chatting in the car with him, the other students, and perhaps an instructor or two. Rogelio arranges for some kind of optional outing or excursion each week, which gives you a chance to do some sightseeing and get to know your fellow students a bit too. This is really nice if you're traveling solo, as I did. I hope to return and when I do, I'll study again with Amigos Del Sol.

Visited January 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“A rewarding experience for the beginning student”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I only had a few days in Oaxaca to study at Amigos del Sol but Rogelio and his staff were more than accommodating to my schedule. Miriam, my instructor, was extremely patient with me as i started mid week placing me a few days behind the two other students in my class. Amigos del Sol offers classes for students of all levels so that all leave having had a rewarding experience.

Visited November 2011