“Basic hotel in good location for historic centre” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Posada Del Virrey

Posada Del Virrey
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oaxaca
Posada Del Virrey
You added Posada Del Virrey to your Saves list
Calle Morelos #1001 | Col. Centro, Oaxaca, Mexico   |
Ranked #102 of 110 Hotels in Oaxaca
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Basic hotel in good location for historic centre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed here for one night as my favoured hotel in Oaxaca couldn't accommodate me for this night. The hotel is in a good location for the centre of town and the staff were really helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable for a budget hotel.

The rooms and bathrooms could do with some refurbishment, but they were clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Asia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed one week in a standard room at 350 pesos per night. Its a pleasant old fashioned hotel in a good location: a few blocks from the zocalo. The hotel has no food service, no breakfast, but there is a good comida next door. Its a little worn, but kept as clean as can be. I did not see a single insect. The sunny covered central court and new paint give it a cheerful atmosphere. There is traffic noise. I did not make any requests of the staff- they were pleasant with limited english. There is wifi near the front desk and it usually worked in my nearby room. I enjoyed wandering the streets of Oaxaca for a week with this hotel as my homebase.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

I only stayed here a few minutes, actually. The desk people were very nice, they had my reservation and all, but when I saw the room, I knew I couldn't stay. It was clean, but the only light was from a single, bare bulb hanging from the ceiling. Too, too depressing.

The room also had ants by the door. I thought I had read on the internet that it had AC, but maybe I was mistaken. There was only a standing fan, and Oaxaca in May gets pretty warm by the late afternoon.

I dashed off to an internet cafe, rebooked at the Hotel de la Parra, and forfeited the $30 I'd already paid for one night (habitacion sencilla). I didn't care.

• Stayed May 2006
Vancouver Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2005

We found this to be a pleasant, if modest, hotel, reasonably priced at about 400 pesos per night. Easy walking distance to the Zocalo. It was an advantage that we could book by email, and that they accepted credit cards. Staff were reasonably helpful, not sure if they speak English. We had to remind them that a continental breakfast was included. Also we were able to book tours of Monte Alban and other sites from the front desk.

Stayed November 2005

Been to Posada Del Virrey? Share your experiences!