I stayed at this hotel from 5/12/12 to 7/12/12 in a single king sized non smoking bedroom.
- very close to the zocalo where there are numerous cafes, restaurants & other attractions (my tip is to visit the Church of Santo Domingo and the Museo de Los Culturas next door)
- room is quite large, with a separate section for hanging clothes, wash basin, toilet and standing shower. There is definitely plenty of room.
- iron and ironing board available on request and delivered promptly.
- two free small bottles of water (600 ml each) are provided each day. Free tea/coffee also provided.
- laundry costs 42 pesos for 1kg worth
- Housekeeping is prompt and thorough.
- there is a small pool and spa although I did not use either.
- There is a restaurant on site which I did not use, except for breakfast. There are plenty of nicer & cheaper establishments nearby.
- Staff always willing to help answer queries although their English may be a little shaky.
- breakfast is an "American set breakfast" only and is quite limited. Tea, coffee, juice and water seems to be a scarce commodity and is doled out reluctantly and only when asked.
I asked for a glass of water to take some medication and this was added as an extra to my bill - since I'd already ordered coffee. This is technically not wrong but does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the place.
I am assuming that the water was from a bottle although I cannot be sure since it was given to me in 1 glass - I would be extremely annoyed had I been charged for tap water.
- I'd asked for flight reconfirmations on the first night of arrival for a flight 2 days after. This was a service advertised by the hotel.
Checked the status the day after and nothing had been done. To the guy's credit he did ring the airline straightaway to re-confirm for me but then gave me the phone so that I could speak to the airline Rep myself!!!!
- The TV does not work since reception is absolutely horrible. This is a little bit annoying but not a huge deal.
- My room has no view to speak off, the window faces the wall of another room, a bit prison-like really.
- There are no lifts and lots of stairs. This is not a problem if you don't have alot of luggage. I do understand this is due to the old "hacienda" style of the hotel.
In summary the location of this hotel is convenient but if you could get a similarly situated hotel then I'd recommend trying another hotel.
Ask for a room on the lower floor, less stairs to climb and the view is towards a lovely little cour...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.