I went to Mexico thinking this would be the worst of the 4 hotels we were due to stay in, and it ended up being the best by far. I've stayed in a couple of these in the UK and they've been awful but I loved it!
We arrived at 6.50am after an overnight bus expecting just to drop our bags but they had a room ready and let us check in for no extra charge which was excellent.
The room was HUGE! Two big double beds, sofa, desk area and the shower was probably the biggest I have ever been in, bigger than a double. There was also a safe, coffee percolator, aircon and mini balcony - none of which you will get in the UK version of an Express.
Rooms black out completely at night and the only noise transference was from noisy guests in the corridor. Great night's sleep.
Breakfast was good for a buffet though I have had better (they are a bit slow refilling the hot food when it's gone and it goes cold very quickly). That's pretty much the only fault I could find. You may perhaps want to be a bit nearer town but it's an easy and very safe 10-15min walk (this is obviously a middle class residential area) and a very easy walk to the 1st class bus station.
My biggest annoyance was probably the other guests - it caters to a lot of tour groups who all breakfast at the same time so you are sometimes forced out to the patio.
I'd definitely stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Centro Historico Oaxaca is conveniently located in the Historical Center of the city just a short walk from promenade which leads to the town square (zÃ³calo). The beauty of this award winning hotel is complemented with an art gallery of original oil paintings from the most renowned Oaxacan artists. All our rooms and suites feature remote-controlled air conditioning, hair dryer, coffeemaker, iron and ironing board, telephone with two lines and data port. Express Breakfast (American Breakfast Buffet), business center, heated outdoor swimming pool, indoor parking on premise and special events hall with capacity for up to 170 persons are additional facilities and services offered by the hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Oaxaca represents a style of service and hospitality that is traditional to the State of Oaxaca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Centro Historico Oaxaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Centro Historico Oaxaca Hotel Oaxaca
- Holiday Inn Express Oaxaca
- Holiday Inn Oaxaca