“Vegan Dining in DF” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yug

Yug
Calle Varsovia #3 LB, Col. Juarez, Mexico City 06600, Mexico (Juárez)
55 55 25 53 30
Neighborhood: Juárez
New York City, New York
“Vegan Dining in DF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

After a few visits to Mexico City, I've learned to love this place. Located very close to El Angel de la Independencia, it's fairly easy to find. Trying to remain vegan in Mexico is not always the easiest thing to do when dining out, which makes this place a true find. The staff is a little weird.. not quite rude but just the right amount of creepiness happening. Even when I'm just passing through DF, I always stop in a have their mock ham sandwich with one of their smoothie-esque drinks. If you're looking for some vegetarian or vegan options dining out in DF, don't pass Yug up.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Ajijic, Mexico
“When you want Vegetarian, this is it! Best salad and Vegetarian Buffet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been craving a good salad since I arrived in DF 3 weeks ago, and voila...this is THE place to go! They have a regular menu for the restaurant downstairs, but I opted for the buffet upstairs. I'm glad I did, although next visit I will try the regular menu, since it looked excellent as well. I enjoyed my salad, and sat in a very pleasant room, with Indian or Nepali pictures on the walls, and a rather meditative environment...very nice. This restaurant is located just one block off the Paseo de La Reforma so it's very convenient. I had a wonderful fruit salad, and several hot dishes, all made very well, and very tasty and flavorful. As I recall the buffet is about 82 pesos. Very nice! I'm looking forward to my next visit. Info from their website:

The Address of Yug Restaurant is:
Varsovia 3-b
Col. Juarez
México D.F.
tels. 55 25 53 30 y 55 33 32 96
Is one block from Angel de la Independencia almost at the cornerr with Paseo de la Reforma.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm
saturday and Sunday from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very dull food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't impressed at all by the food here. The salads were very uninspiring, the quesadilla I ordered was supposed to come with stuffed squash flowers but in reality only came with cheese. The service was slow and indifferent. I really expected better. If you're vegetarian, avoid the vegetarian restaurants in DF. Go to a good restaurant and get the vegetarian option instead - it's usually better.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Attention vegetarians”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Since I was traveling with a vegetarian, it was helpful to find out about decent vegetarian places we could agree on.

Yug was fresh and good, with plenty of options and reasonably priced.

They also had very good breads and good licuado/fresh juice options.

Visited August 2012
Ciudad de México, México
“The Best Esoteric Book Store in Mexico City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

For many years I have been able to find many interesting books and esoteric items to enlighten my life.

Visited June 2012