“Good food and service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Portuguesa

Casa Portuguesa
Emilio Castelar 111-A, Mexico City, Mexico (Polanco)
(55)5281-0075
Neighborhood: Polanco
Kingston, Ontario
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A solid menu, fair wine prices with good food. The service was attentive and friendly. Nice outdoor patio.

Visited October 2012

87% Recommend
San Diego, California
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My review may be unfair. I met some old friends here and I would have enjoyed wherever we ate.

But I really liked Casa Portuguesa. Great food, friendly, helpful service.

We shared croquetas de bacalao and mussels as a starter. The mussels were the star. I could have eaten the sauce with bread for dinner and I would have been content.

I had some kind of robalo for my main course and tastes of my friends' dishes. Terrific!

Dessert was a Portuguese delicacy whose name I can't recall. It was a wonder of eggs and cream baked into miracle of taste.

I don't think I'd cross town to eat here, but if you're in Polanco, give it a try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We went here for breakfast and had a great experience. The food was great and the service attentive. The location, facing Parque Lincoln, is also nice.

Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Can somebody please bring a Portuguese cook?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Be ready not to enjoy anything remotely close to Portuguese food, and don't even think about asking your waiter who may not of Portuguese food less than the menu explains.
Apart from that I would qualify this as a so and so restaurant that has a nice patio looking into a park (more like a boulevard) and where you can enjoy some pseudo-portuguese specialties (much in the same way that Italian food in the US does not resemble Italy's food). That being said, the croquettes were acceptable. I might go back only if I am within close walking distance and desperate for food.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City
“Best octopus & chorizo over a glass of wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I love sitting on the terrace, ordering a glass of vinho verde and enjoying the best "Portuguese style octopus" as a starter (octopus marinated in lime, olive oil, fresh garlic, grain salt and parsley) as well as a chorizo in red wine casserole. I keep on going back for the same stuff, then I walk to Café Europa for a quick coffee fix and then to Roxy's nearby to buy an ice cream and walk around Lincoln Park. Super pleasant afternoon!

Visited June 2012