“Absolutely amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pujol

Pujol
Francisco Petrarca 254 | Polanco, Mexico City 11570, Mexico (Polanco)
(55)55453507
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pujol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,195 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Polanco
Cross street: Horacio
Transit: Metro Polanco
Description: Once again featured on the San Pellegrino list of the "World's 50 Finest Restaurants"—and moving up thirteen spots to number 36—Pujol is Chef Enrique Olvera's extraordinary personal approach to Mexican cuisine, famed for reinvention and ongoing perfectionism, where tradition and contemporary gastronomy live side by side as expressed in culinary techniques both ancient and modern. Using both imagination and delicacy, Olvera recombines Mexico's nearly infinite ingredients and flavors, demonstrating an extraordinary food culture's potential in obsessive detail.
San Francisco, California
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I seldom leave comments on trip advisor, but when something is truly outstanding, I really feel like I should. Our dinner was absolutely fantastic: impeccable service (kind, friendly, bilingual servers; no rush), delicious and unique food, and perfect ambiance. If you are interested in food, you will not regret coming here. Almost everything we tried was something different (ie romerito salad with fava beans), or something perfectly executed (ie mole cooked - literally - for over 200 days!). We'll worth the expense, and truly unforgettable.

Lisbon, Portugal
“Incredible. Words can not explain. Your palate will do all the talking.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

One of the best dining experiences ever. A highly trained, educated, and sophisticated staff. The presentation, attention to detail, and the ability to awaken your curiosity was at its best. Is the food expensive? Not really in comparison to other Polanco restaurants. Once dining here, its as if you're wasting your money and time at restaurants like Quintonil or Dulce Patria for that matter.
This is the "it" place. Well deserved awards and all the positive reviews. Food was outstanding and incredibly creative. You leave dancing on your toes.

• Visited November 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was my first tasting menu experience and I was not dissappointed! The food was amazing, although when I dined I did not get any bread or a complimentary take-away gift that others did, so that was a little strange. Get the Mixiote you will not regret it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chambersburg, PA
“very elegant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I had dinner for my birthday at Pujol recently, and it mostly lived up to my (pretty high) expectations. It's a lovely place; very small, I think I counted 20 tables. Looks like a very low-key restaurant you would find in NYC. The service was outstanding. I was impressed with the number of staff in the dining room, and the fact that they included several young women. The items on the menu are so exotic that only if your Spanish is really fluent and if you are a true foodie would you understand everything. The young woman who helped us explained everything in great detail in English, which started the evening off in a great way. It's a fixed price 9-course menu for (at the moment) 790 pesos, -- an incredible bargain. The wine list had a range of reasonable to over-the-top prices. We ordered by the glass and had wonderful sparkling and dessert wines. Now for the food: as I said, everything is pretty exotic; very interesting combinations of ingredients. Someone with a hearty appetite might be disappointed, as after 9 courses I was able to walk out feeling I had had a nice dinner, but not at all that I had over-eaten. Meat is scarce on the menu, as I recall, which was fine with me, and the food is not at all rich. Hard to really explain it. Glad I went there; after all it's rated #17 in the world. But not sure I would need to go back; it's a unique experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Must visit! They are even vegetarian friendly and will custom make food as needed. The service was great.

Visited August 2013