“Overall, very pleased” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eurostars Zona Rosa Suites

You added Eurostars Zona Rosa Suites to your Saves list
Eurostars Zona Rosa Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Londres, 115 Colonia Juarez | Delegación Cuauhtemoc, Mexico City 06600, Mexico   |
Ranked #67 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overall, very pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I've stayed at this hotel for longer stays twice - last year for almost one month; this year for 10 days.
The good:1) location, location, location. It's only 2 blocks from Metro Insurgentes and about 3 blocks from the Reforma bus. There are numerous restaurants nearby. I especially love the pozole restaurant on Londres - Beatricita also on Londres, 190. On the caddy corner to the hotel is a great open air taco restaurant. On Florencio is a mediocre Korean, whichwill do when you are jones for Asian. It's a short walk to the angel and you can walk through the metro station to colonia Roma which has numerous restaurants.
2) The staff are very friendly and helpful and generally nice people.
3) The suites are 2 large rooms, have a pull out bed, a large desk, a TV in each room, a safe, microwave ad small refrig. There is a coffee pot and a package of coffee less daily as well as 2 small bottles of water.
4) you can tore luggage as needed.
5) There are safe cabs right in front of the hotel or a safe cab stand a block away on Hamburgo.
6) There is a roof top workout room and an area to just hang out.

The not so good:
1) On the weekend there is a lot of noise from (I guess) a disco nearby. During the week it is fine.
2) The room smelled mildew - but with the windows open the smell disappeared.

There is a breakfast that is substantial - I prefer the street food so usually do not get this.

Overall, I would stay here every time. I'm not sure why I did not give it a 5. it's close.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the back of the hotel - not facing Londres.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Laredo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

I spent the weekend there. My first surprise was that due the noise problem I mentioned on my last review, and despite I had requested a room on the back side of the hotel, I was given room 1004, on the front but on the 10th. floor.

When I got back to the hotel after the theatre, close to midnight, I was ready to go to bed and to my surprise, there were no sheets on the bed! I called the front desk, nobody answered, so I had to get dressed again, take the elevator and ask the front desk guy for the sheets.

With confidence, the guy told me that it was a hotel policy not to use sheets, just the comforter! I mentioned that I had been staying often in the facility for the past decade, and that this was the very first time I heard of that. However, I needed sheets on my bed.

"They will be up in a minute", the smiley guy said. By the time I got back to my room it was 12:15am. I used my own towel as a bed sheet, fell asleep, and the sheets never arrived. In other words, as we say in México, "me dio avión".

On the next day, I left a written message on the bed to the cleaning lady asking for sheets, and voilá, my bed had sheets on the second night.

I just cannot believe that those comforters are being washed every time a guest leaves the room.

The towels have been extremely hard, like scrubbing brushes, besides, one hand towel had yellowish stains, so let your imagination flow. Bottom line, you better bring your own towels.

The shower had a problem, the water came really hot, then like for a second or two a fast cold splash hit my back. By the third time I took a shower, I was an expert timing when the cold splash would hit my back so I could get out of the water a second before.

Finally, I noticed stained walls, torn drapes, the floor was not 100% clean when I first got in, there was a hair on the bathroom counter, and the internet connection was not steady at all.

To be honest, I was tempted to leave after the first night, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle.

I remember and miss the days when I first discovered what used to be the hidden jewel in the Zona Rosa this hotel used to be. I used to pay around $100USD per-night, and used to get a $150USD hotel.

With the MXN devaluation, this time I paid less than $70USD a night, and got a $50USD a night room.

With another new options in the area, definitely it is time to move on.

Room Tip: Noisy area, ask for room number ending on 1, 2 or 3, which are at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015 via mobile

I just think they can make it better by remodeling some of the rooms I guess, but the location and everything else were great. Great night life in that area! Our room was nice, kinda big and comfortable, just few stuff they need to make it best.

• Stayed July 2014
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

I will preface this review by stating that I travel for work and I have stayed in a great number of hotels (most Marriotts, but also Hilton, SPG, and independent properties) so I have quite a bit of comparison points. Now moving on...

This hotel is amazing! I don't mean in terms of fancy amenities (although for the price, it is great) but the overall value, cleanliness, the friendliness of the front desk and location seriously blew me away. Let's start from the beginning. I arrived around 8am on the day of check-in after my red-eye flight into Mexico City, and when I went up to the front desk, I heard the best words a weary traveler can hear after a long flight: "Your room is ready!" - Awesome! So I was able to shower, get some food and sleep for a few hours before heading out that day and it really saved my day :) The room was simple but clean, and the living room was slightly worn but had everything I needed - couch, microwave, fridge, TV, etc, and the bed was remarkably comfortable! Internet was fast enough and I had no trouble web-browsing, checking email, etc, and the wooden floor is a great change from nasty carpet floors at most hotels :) I stayed for 2 nights, and I had no trouble or problems at all during my time. When I needed some toiletries, the front desk was happy to send some my way, and the location was superb - a quick 5 minute walk to Metro Insurgentes and restaurants/bars all around in Zona Rosa. On the day of check-out, the hotel allowed me a late checkout and held my luggage for me while I went out for a late lunch. When it came time for me to leave, they hailed a cab for me and made sure that I would have a great journey. Thanks again Eurostar Zona Rosa!!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

Arrived at about 1 and was told room would be ready in about 30 minutes. Check in time wasnt until 3 so I was fine with that. Returned at 2:30 to see if room was ready they said it would be ready at 3. Returned at 4 and was checked into a dirty room.

Went back downstairs to get a new room and room was okay. The sofa bed had no sheets on it. They were quick to send staff to make up the bed.

The towels are hard and if you need exfoliating of your skin they are great for that. No face towels in sight only body and hand towels.

Housekeeping confirmed the hand towels were the face towels which makes NO sense.

Bed was hard as a rock!!! Only given three small pillows for such a large bed, which were surely in need of replacement. They were so thin all three had to be stacked on top so I could elevate my head. No comforter on bed just a thin duvet which added little padding to the mattress.

Front desk agents spoke minimal English and were quick to inform me of such. I spoke passable Spanish and the questions were direct, but overall they were helpful and picked up the phone on the first ring in case of an issue. For an international hotel chain the staff should speak more than the language of the home country.

Overall, yes it was a nice room and location was great for the price. But, if you prefer a bed that doesnt feel like the hardwood floors youre walking on you may want to check out Hotel Genevieve or the Century Hotel which are in the same area.
Be warned the taxi cab drivers had a hard time finding the hotel.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

Eurostars Suites Zona Rosa is rather nice for its price. The furniture in the living room could use some re-upholstering, but overall, it's a rather comfortable hotel. It had all the conveniences we needed--microwave, refrigerator, magnifying mirror, hair dryer, cable TV (in both the living room and the bedroom), safe, etc. And the location, if you are a walker, is great--not too far from either the historical center of town or from the attractions at Chapultepec Park. We walked to both as well as to Condesa and Roma.

We found the room to be fairly quiet. There could be noise from partying in Zona Rosa, and there was nose from people in the suite above us, but I used my ear plugs only sparingly. The lighting was fine in the living room and the bath, but there could have been brighter lighting in the bedroom. The wi-fi was strong enough that I could make wi-fi calls to the US on my cell phone without the signal being degraded. It is a bit inconvenient that you have to verify the wi-fi daily by entering the name and password, and the name and the password change on Sunday nights so that you have to get the new name and password from the front desk. The directions they give you when you enter the name and password do not explain that your opening page will give a message that it cannot connect to the Internet (rather than taking you automatically to the log-in page). After going to the front desk and then talking with their IT specialist by phone from there, I finally learned I had to enter CNN to get to log-in page.

I would stay at Eurostars Suites again. It was not cheap, but it was a good value location at about $70 per night (including taxes and fees) in early 2015. So many of the neighborhoods around the center of the city are gentrifying that a better bargain is hard to find anymore.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room and a room with a strong wi-fi signal. The router was just outside th...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

We chose this hotel for a group business trip because of its affordability and location. I will go back there because, in addition to those great qualities, the staff is fantastic. Javier, Edgar, and the rest of the team at the hotel went above and beyond service on a daily basis for us. It made the stay not only easy for work, but also pleasant. The rooms are all suites, which was so helpful for meetings, and comfortable for relaxing.
The only reason this isn't a five star rating is that there were a few cosmetic touches that could be done (the paint work in some spots, the décor) to improve. But the quality of the stay and- above all- the staff make any minor faults like this very easy to overlook.
Thank you Eurostars!

Room Tip: make sure to get a suite higher than first few floors- the noise from the street can be loud.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Eurostars Zona Rosa Suites? Share your experiences!