“Never stay there again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #145 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Vancouver, Canada
“Never stay there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We asked for a Kingbed, got a double. We were placed directly across from the kitchen, the room smelled of food and of course kitchen staff started working around 4 in the morning. The food was terrible ended up getting very ill. If you can stay somewhere else, do it. Very outdated

• Stayed May 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear LandS03,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in us and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in us soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The best asset of this property is that is located right behind Mexico city's WTC., one block from busy Insurgentes Avenue.
Clean, everything average.
The gym is also average. A few machines, located right across the hallway from the main (average) breakfast area. A little uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Luis C,

Thank you for choosing our location and taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management to consider making improvements where necessary. Your satisfaction is of utmost concern to us as we always strive to make your experience a great one.

Faith R
San Jose, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Holiday Inn Express and Suites? Suites? (Who would have guessed). I stayed at this hotel numerous times for work. I must say it is a great option location wise. Just on the outskirts of the Center of the DF and close to many hot spots. A good 20 minute drive away from the airport in light traffic. The building currently used by the hotel and under very slow renovation used to be a Children’s Hospital. It may come across as dandy on the net but pics are often times deceiving. Staff is friendly. Corridors are old and have had paint dabbed on to look new. Carpets in the corridors are also old and mildewed. Rooms are small and old. Quality furniture and good décor are lacking. Bathrooms are okay and so are the channels on the TV. Internet connection however is EXTREMELY poor and constantly disconnects. All rooms I’ve been in seem to have the same issue. Mini continental breakfast is included but there isn’t much to choose from. I would recommend spending the extra dollars at Ihops located in the World Trade Center building three streets away. There is a small gym located on the first floor next to the breakfast area. Just aft of the lobby is a free business center. All in all, if you are not expecting a bang for your buck then this might be your option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear O_SanJose,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciate our location and our friendly staff. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the condition of our facilities. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I sincerely hope you stay with us again in the future so we can show you just how exceptional we can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I understand that this is a Holiday Inn Express and therefore considered a budget hotel, however I have not stayed in a Hotel this bad since college when we crammed 5 guys in one room. I paid $116 USD for a room with a discount that should have cost $45 USD at best. As far as I can tell this was a run down apartment complex that was poorly dressed up and pinned with a HIE sign out front. It is attached to a Crowne Plaza which actually looks pretty nice.
Where do I begin? The front desk was slow an unhelpful. The carpet in the halls had seams every 10 feet with strings coming out. The beds had the box springs exposed. Every channel on the TV was fuzzy. I could go on and on but I'm sure you get the point. Don't chase Holiday Inn Points! Go somewhere else. Anyone who rated this 4 much less 5 stars needs their head examined!
On the positive side the area is great! Safe, fun to walk, good sights, and good restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear bigshinywheels,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortcomings in your room during your recent stay with us. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Mukilteo, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This property has a lot of ups and downs.

The good:
- The beds are just about perfect; not too firm, not too soft.
- Location. This is super-close to the WTC, with great restaurants in a safe neighborhood.
- Wifi. I'm not having the same problems as some of the earlier reviewers. Not sure if this is due to the improvements the manager noted, or if I'm just in a better part of the building
- The breakfast. Surprisingly good. Great selection of fresh fruit, and the eggs are good. Everything is a little on the surgary side, but this is a plus in my book.
- The rooms are large. Lots of space, and everything seems to work.
- So far, the service has been good, if a little overwhelmed.
- Pretty solid price; I paid about $100 USD per night.
- Bathroom is very clean.

The bad:
- The rooms are worn out. My carpet is stained and looks worn, to the point I don't want to walk on it in bare feet. The sheets are washed, but stained. The chairs in my room and in the breakfast room are stained / marked. Yuck.
- The shower has great pressure, but the door was designed by someone who didn't care if it actually kept the water off the floor. My floor is wet after every shower.
- No in-room safe! Seriously?
- They claim the water is potable. I wouldn't drink it. But, they charge for agua purificada. So, now I have to go shopping. BOO!
- Really needs some sound-proofing. I can hear the man (yes, I'm that sure it's a man) next door getting dressed.

The Ugly:
- DId I mention that everything needs to be ripped out an replaced? I did? Oh, we'll it needs to be mentioned again.

What's so odd about this is that the Crowne Plaza next door (owned by the same company) is REALLY nice. This place could a great value if the would just replace the carpet, sheet, and chairs with some new ones.

Room Tip: Low numbers are better (e.g. xx01 is better than xx1) because it's further from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
meapmx, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Response to: Eyewall1

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a very constructive opinion where you took a valuable time to write every one of the points that you observed during your recent stay at our hotel. This kind of comments help us to improve every day.

I will take note of each one of them and we hope that despite those bad points, the goods will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites at the WTC.

Guadalajara, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Well, I spend almost 50% of my time traveling, so I think I know a bit about hotels. I don't understand how this property passed the hotel chain inspection in terms of safety. I will just say that the room doors are made of cardboard, no fire or smoke rating at all; not even the fire exit doors are certified. Worst of all, there is no insulation, you hear your neighbors snoring, washing, talking, etc. I must say though, that the beds are very good and the personnel is nice. Breakfast is OK but WIFI is a big failure (unless you try working after midnight or in mid morning).
I only stay here for its location and the loyalty card points. Try it yourselves. Hope IHG does something about this property that doesn't meet their standards.

• Stayed June 2013
meapmx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Response to: lasegua

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking some minutes to write about your recent visit to our property. I really appreciatte this valuable information because you opinion is the best way to know our performance.

Safety is the most important standard that the chain qualifies from each hotel. I can assure you that exit doors are certified. In other way, there are no chance to belong to IHG. Regarding the internet we are currently replacing access points in the whole buiding and increasign bandwitdth to provide a much better service. I will take note about the noise between rooms. Your comfort is definately our goal.

Once again I appreciatte too much your attention and I hope you will give us a new opportunity to welcome you again.

Batavia, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express at the World Trade Center (WTC) has only one positive attribute to which I can comment...location. It is located 100 yards from the World Trade Center and there are tons of restaurants to which you can easily walk. This is a great attribute, but wait for the rest.
For business travelers, I do not recommend this place. Here's why:
1. Non-exisitent Internet. I literally was offline the whole week. I was living off my iphone trying to get something productive done, but it was a lost week, production wise.
2. Multiple items in my room needed to be repaired. My desk chair was so bad that I sat in my bed and worked. The door knob was broken and I had to ask twice, on 2 separate days, for them to repair it because the door wouldn't close. The curtains were torn. The shower was designed in such a way that I had water all over my bathroom floor every time I took a shower. The supposedly modern sink and counter design is such that you get even more water on the floor. Basically the whole design is trying to be modern, but it's not functional.
3. Bell hops were worthless. I showed up with what was obivously 3 very heavy suitcases, full of marketing stuff, and the bell hop watched me and the cabby drag them to the check-in desk. After I got to the desk, the bell hop showed up with his cart....really? Then when I was checking out, I had to call twice for a bell hop to come to my room to get the bags....sat around for 30 minutes. By the way, I was the only person checking out. We didn't have some tour group that had the bell hop "hopping".
4. The air conditioner was so loud that I would try to get the room as cold as possible at night and then turn if off so I could sleep.

Again, unless the location is your thing, look somewhere else.

Room Tip: I think the location in the hotel doesn't matter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
meapmx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Mr. CSVerdad,

Dear Guest,

Please receive my best regards and my thankfulness for your valuable time to answer this survey. All your comments are helping us to improve our services. I will take note of each one of them. Let me give you a brief answer about each item you mentioned.
- Internet. Our IT department is replacing our access points in the whole building and some other improvements are taking place. The internet service will be working properly for our business travelers at the end of May.
- Items or equipment in room are being reviewed and if something must be replaced we have to do it. No excuses about that.
- Our most concern is to offer an excellent service through our staff, so if one of them fails, all of us are failing. We appreciate too much your comment about the bell staff. Our training about customer care must be increased definately.

Once again I really appreciate your kind attention and I hope that you will give us a new opportunity to welcome you at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites at the WTC.

Sincerly,

Luis Ramos

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC? Share your experiences!