“Close to international airport Mexico City” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Aeropuerto Mexico

You added Ramada Aeropuerto Mexico to your Saves list
Ramada Aeropuerto Mexico
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Puerto Aereo 390 | Col. Moctezuma Segunda Seccion, Mexico City C.P. 15500, Mexico   |
Ranked #134 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Belgrade, Serbia
“Close to international airport Mexico City”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hotel is close international airport Mexico City. It's average hotel and not so bad for one or two nights waiting for connection flights. Staff is nice and rooms are clean and decent. Breakfast is poor but not so bad. You need to ask hotel staff for wi-fi password for yousing wi-fi in the room

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Good location close to Terminal 1 and Metro. Decent free Breakfast.
Internet is Bad Bad Bad!!! I complained 3 times about not being able to connect to the internet from my room, and about getting very limited speeds in other areas and nothing was done about it. I had to sit in the lobby in order to get emails etc. Staff and management non responsive!!!. Since I saw several others such complaints in the reviews I must assume management does not completely see the need of fast available internet nowadays or simply does not care. I will try to get a refund from booking.com since I lost a week of emails while staying at this hotel.
Complained with Booking.com and got nowhere, IE one is on his own and since as the WIFI is a free service provided by the hotel and is not a part of the room rate, one has no grounds to complain. So I would like to warn others who need and depend on Internet, to look for a different hotel.

Room Tip: check WIFI reception. Try to get a room that is close to the Antenna, also than you would get poor s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Queretaro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is an ok hotel near Mexico City airport so, if you must take an early fligth this will be a good choise, but if you are on vacations go to another one close to the city downtown.

Avoid going out walking alone.

The restaurant is very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

3 years ago, I stayed in the Ramada, by the airport in Mexico CIty. I like the hotel. However, I woke up the next morning with a bunch of bites around my stomach.

I went back home, and had the more bites the next morning. It seems whatever bit me in the Ramada, had come home with me.

The next 10 months or so was a nightmare. I had brought the bed bugs home with me, maybe on me, or my clothes or in my luggage. I could NOT get rid of them. Nothing worked. It was torture, every single night, they would bite me, no matter what I did to try and get rid of them.

FInally, I had to move house, disposing of my bed, bed sheets, mattress, pillows etc. Every other piece of furniture, I washed/fumigated. I have not had the problem since.

Anyway, I stay in hotels by the airport in Mexico City all the time, and last week, 3 years on from my bed bug problem, I decided a night in the Ramada wouldn't hurt me. Can't still have the same problem , right?

Wrong! I got bitten again..... I was furious! I went to the reception, and told the girl the whole story. She listened to me, as if I was complaining about the weather. Total and utter lack of interest. I told her that I had a duty to tell other travellers that they would encounter bed bugs at the Ramada, and she just shrugged.

Words fail me. This is SUCH a serious problem. Bed bugs are a NIghtmare!

Good luck if you stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Whistler, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

to keep this short and simple...... reception staff and bellboys and airport transportation wonderful!! room service and restaurant staff absolutely unkind not empathetic and did not want to even try to give good service... we had an issue with miscommunication with room service ( needing glassware) and ended up having a manager telling us to try and pay for something we didnt want or order.... feeling inconfident now of our spanish we were greeted in the restaurant coldly.... and sat in at a table where it smelt like bad fish from another tables dinner and sewerage.from outside.. so bad in fact we removed ourselves to the outside smoking area where it was noisy understandbly but smelt alot more pleasant.... ambience was substandard.... no music and high bright lights... food was all overcooked and not representation of any of the standard we had encountered during our stay in mexico and mexico city.... extremely upset to find an automatic service charge on our bill that was unable to be justified due to service... and noone spoke adequate english to pacify my questions....extremely frustrated at that!! how dare they???! room was to expectation but now after reading previous comments from guests on this site realised i may have chosen a better option. this obviously is a traveller trap for guests only staying for a once only experience..i am annoyed that the food and beverage department lacked where the reception staff exceeded..

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

this is one of the contradictions that I could not understand. The room size is not bad and have really nice bathrooms but they are not sound proof and you could hear the breath of the next door guest. The smell also is really bad, as if its sitting the middle of an open sewage. WiFi signal is none existent in the rooms. have to go down to the lobby to get some low speed connectivity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

A big disappointment, we were very tired, we had to wait 30 minutes for the "3 minute" shuttle from the airport, then we were given a very small claustrophobic room, with no ventilation, tv didn't work, Wi fi didn't work, the floor and walls of the room were irradiating heat, I have no idea why!!!
The bed was not comfortable.

At least breakfast was passable !

Room Tip: No puedo ya entré a mirar otros que si tenían luz natural...desde luego se vein mejor, pero no sé si...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Aeropuerto Mexico? Share your experiences!