“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Santa Fe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Santa Fe Hotel to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Santa Fe Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 3 no 55 Col. Lomas de Santa Fe, Mexico City 01219, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #37 of 284 Hotels in Mexico City
Queretaro, Mexico
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just stayed at the Fiesta Americana Santa Fe for a couple of nights on a business trip and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with almost everything. The area is amazing and the hotel is top notch. You need to swipe your key card at the elevators to get them to go up last the lobby, which offers a great sense of security. In addition, there is a safe in your room where you can even fit a laptop. The rooms also have an iron, ironing board, coffee machine, mini-fridge, and controllable A/C. The bathrooms are great, with both a shower and a bathtub. And the WiFi works perfectly. The indoor pool and gym are also great. There were only a few things that disappointed me: first, one of the glasses had lipstick on it. There were four glasses, though, so I simply used another one. Then at one point I left my room to go down to the restaurant, and when I came back, someone had fixed my bed and left the TV on in a channel with soothing music. I didn't know they would do that during the evening, so I had left my laptop and iPad outside, on the bed. Nothing was misplaced, though. Lastly, I had dinner with all of my colleagues at the restaurant and they took unreasonably long to serve some of them and they even seemed to have misplaced some of our orders. All in all, though, I think I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DiegoMadero, Director General at Fiesta Americana Santa Fe Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your review about our hotel, we are very happy and encourages us to continue working with passion, we hope you visit us soon here at your home in Santa Fe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel architecture is magnificent. The location pretty ideal. The views wonderfull...but, that's where the positives stop for me.

We arrived at 10:20, excited to enjoy a Sopa Tortilla, which we were informed at the front desk that they had in the HOTEL restaurant, but, that we had to rush, as they closed at 11:00.

We rushed down not even going up to our rooms, and the staff met us at the door, and rudely informed me that I should go to my room and order room service as the restaurant was closed. I asked again, and clearly reminded him that the front desk said that they should be open, and he said, NO, only room service and showed me the elevator. Now, the Front Desk staff were amazing, at trying to repair the situation. The next day I got a full apology from the front desk manager with a bowl of fruit, which was really nice. So, I could of overlooked the resto incident, however, the room was OK, modernly appointed, but, the bed were hard as rock, the pillow's were stuffed with sterofoam, and the linen felt like scratchy polyester.

On my checkout, I had setup everything the night before due to a 6:00 am flight...

Well, they screwed that up, and when we got to the airport the poor driver had not recieved the payment from the hotel, we had no cash...etc.

So, all in all, this hotel is OK if you can get a discount and you dont' mind sub par amenities in your room.

Room Tip: ODD numbers are city views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jorge G, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Santa Fe Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Good afternoon, thank you for your comments and I wil make the follow up to this case and improve our service.

Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days while traveling for business. If your office/business matters are in Santa Fe area, this is a great hotel for you. Rooms are nice and comfortable, great space and even though the air conditioning is really loud, you can turn it up as soon as you get to your room and turn it off when you go to sleep and room temperature will be ok (my room was on the 7th floor and received sun the whole afternoon, but this worked for me).
Hotel staff is really nice and helpful, and I even got a "welcome gift" (some fruit and a small bottle of wine) when I arrived, which was a really nice detail.
The hotel restaurant has different options if you want a quiet meal after a long day of work, and is not expensive at all. Food is good,, I really recommend it.

If you are not in Mexico city for business and would like to see the tourist attractions, you should not stay at the Santa Fe area, since it is really far from attractions and you will spend more time in traffic than anywhere else.

I would deffinitely stay at this hotel again if on business again :)

Room Tip: If your room receives sun in the afternoon, it will get very hot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon, thank you for your comments about the FIESTA AMERICANA HOTEL

Chihuahua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Located just across the street of the BBVA Convention center, this two-hotels in one is a very good option to stay. The fiesta inn has a lowe price, but it is still great hotel (i think is the nicest Fiesta Inn chain hotel of all), and the Fiesta Americana is very good too. The Shu restaurant is just around the corner, and has one of the best japanese food in Mexico City(i tried to make a review of it but is not listed). Most of the Fortune 500 list corporate office for Mexico or Latin America are located just nearby.
Rooms are quiet and with a great view! Sonthe higher floor you get, nicer the view you get!

• Stayed January 2013
Jorge G, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Santa Fe Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Good evening, Thank you for your comments about FIESTA AMERICANA SANTA FE

gm
Pachuca, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have stayed in several hotels in Mexico City (for tourism), this is the best by far and not pricey at all. A new mall (samara stores) in a walking distance where you can catch a movie in a brand new cinema, a huge one (Santa Fe Mall) is just 5 minutes away by car. The room was great and had an amazing view, the upgrade to the executive floor was a nice detail. There are many other hotels in this area of the city that do not offer that much and are quite more expensive. The swimming pool and gym are also excellent. The breakfest is a little expensive but you can find many options minutes away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon, thank you for choice FIESTA AMERICANA SANTA FE and thank you for your comments

San Salvador, El Salvador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The rooms are clean and nice, with fairly modern looking furniture. The only problem is that the A/C unit is too noisy, but fortunately the climate is good enough that I could turn it off and still sleep comfortably.

The service in the restaurant is not too good. I waited about 20 minutes for a single scrambled egg, and they brought the check before they gave me my food... and when the order arrived it was wrong.

The internet access is incredibly unreliable. The worse I have ever experienced in a hotel. Everyone else in the group that I was traveling with experienced the same terrible internet service that I did, with various devices (android phones, iphones, ipads, and laptops... they all complained of the terrible connection).

If your travel is for business and you depend on internet connectivity, avoid this hotel. Otherwise, it is a good value for money.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room that has no connecting door to another one... to avoid noise from the o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jorge G, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Santa Fe Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Good evening, thank you for your comments about FIESTA AMERICANA SANTA FE HOTEL and I want to inform you that I will make the follow up to this inconvenience and improve our service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed twice in september 2012. The hotel in general and the rooms were perfect for business purpose, front desk service very friendly. The only issue was the food: Cold breakfast in room, bad atention during breakfast buffet, poor food quality for dinner.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Fiesta Americana Santa Fe Hotel? Share your experiences!