“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 289 Hotels in Mexico City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great location, friendly and helpful staff! I have stayed in this chain in Spain and the hotel in Mexico was similar. I would recommend this hotel for travelers who are familiar with the city or who are new to the city.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for the time you took to review your recent experience at the NH Centro Historico in Mexico City, we welcome your feedback and value the assessment of our hotel's installations and services.
My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you back to NH Centro Historico in the near future,

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Fernando, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

NH Hotel was a terrific place to stay! It's walking distance to the Zocalo, Templo Mayor, National Palace, Bellas Artes & more. Staff is very friendly and professional and the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room. I am very happy that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed there last summer and we're staying again this summer. The hotel is modern, clean, and has excellent customer service. The hotel is located 1 1/2 blocks from the Zocalo but is on a very quiet street. You can easily walk to many shops and restaurants. The food at the buffet is excellent, high quality food and healthy too. The fresh squeezed juices are amazing. The service is excellent. Everyone was very friendly. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel. I like the white bed covers instead of the traditional colored comforter that does not have to be wash often. Whenever we travel to Mexico we try to stay at an NH Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, July 4, 2014

Canggu, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

For the price, this hotel has an excellent location. The lobby, restaurant upstairs and our room was modern and clean. The staff at the breakfast buffet were fantastic - even though we had very little Spanish. The Front Desk team were also excellent and helped us out with a smile. Mexico City herself was surprisingly beautiful and we never felt threatened at all. I would definitely stay at NH Centro Historico again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, June 6, 2014

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

NH Centro Historico really is at the heart of the historic centre!!

The location is absolutely great. I think this is the most important factor when booking a city break. The hotel is right in the centre, but in a quiet street so for us 10/10 for location.
We were a bit worried about staying in the old area, especially at night, but we felt secure at all times! There is a generous police presence in the area, I found this reassuring.

The whole hotel has a clean modern feel, not luxurious but very comfortable.

Breakfast was also great, a comprehensive buffet with plenty of options including freshly made waffles ;) The eating area looks out onto the city rooftops and has a lovely roof terrace adjoining.

Staff were always helpful and kind both in reception and the restaurant and the maids.

On the slightly negative... The decor... Well not my cup of tea...but it is functional if a bit dark. For some strange reason there is only one bedside table for a double bed. And as many other reviewers mentioned before the access to the bath tub is a bit awkward, so I would not recommend this hotel for people with restricted mobility.

I this this hotel is ideal for a first time visit to Mexico City! Not bad value, excellent location, yummy breakfast, nice staff ;)

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, May 20, 2014

London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Even our guide asked why we were staying at this hotel with better alternatives nearby. It's tired, the staff seem to be demoralised and the rooms are dark and weirdly laid out. A request for two extra pillows seemed to generate a crisis - eventually one pillow turned up 24 hours later. Apparently - and I'm not kidding - there was only one spare pillow in the entire hotel. The bathroom layout isn't safe for older and less able bodied visitors - the bath/shower layout would not be acceptable in the UK. Overall, there was no sense of anybody being in control of the place.

Room Tip: Get a room with some natural light if any such room exists.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Mr.

I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the NH Centro Histórico hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay.

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest in and we have obviously not met your and our expectations. The deficiencies you mention are definitely not acceptable and I can assure you that steps have been taken to ensure these types of incidents do not occur again.

My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to NH Centro Historico and of being of service to you in the near future, I am sure we will exceed your expectations. Once again, please accept our apologies.

Kerikeri, Northland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had 6 nights. The hotel was fine in all respects. The location is excellent but most importantly all of the staff were helpful and friendly to us. The breakfast team especially were great. Yes the rooms are smallish but they are modern and beautifully maintained. One recommendation would be a small fridge but no big deal. Thank you to NH Central Historico. One last thing for non Spanish speaking people like us we appreciated the patience and kindness of the staff - Gracias!

Room Tip: Don;t know - our room was on the 2nd floor and on the street front but quiet enough.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, May 5, 2014

Hotel Director

Been to NH Mexico City Centro Historico? Share your experiences!